PDA

View Full Version : Steve Moore sues...uh, a few people

habsfan
02-18-2005, 09:06 AM
So Steve Moore has decided he wants to sue Todd Bertuzzi, Brad May, Canucks head coach Marc Crawford, former GM Brian Burke, the Canucks organization, and the Orca Bay company which owns the Canucks. Anyone else think he got a little carried away?

kevie88
02-18-2005, 09:19 AM
He lost his career due to what Bartuzzi did, and I hope he gets a good settlement in the end.

awd
02-18-2005, 09:39 AM
He should drop it already, everyone has suffered enough.

69cougar
02-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by awd

He is the only one who has truly suffered. IMO Bertuzzi should never play another game in the NHL. Moore should be compensated for his loss of potential earnings, pain and suffering, and emotional turmoill

Neil4Speed
02-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by habsfan
So Steve Moore has decided he wants to sue Todd Bertuzzi, Brad May, Canucks head coach Marc Crawford, former GM Brian Burke, the Canucks organization, and the Orca Bay company which owns the Canucks. Anyone else think he got a little carried away?

I think Steve Moore deserves a high amount of settlement for the fact that he will never play again. But I don't know if what he is doing by sueing everyone and their dogs will work so well. Todd Bertuzzi, and Possibly Brad May and Marc Crawford, I could see that. However former GM Brian Burke, the Canucks organization, and the Orca Bay company which owns the Canucks had no part in the incident and I think they would have a hard time having a case against them. I have no law experience but this is just per my logic.

Weapon_R
02-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by awd

Like who? Moore was the only one who suffered. He lost his career, and suffered some serious injuries. You can't even put a price on what Moore lost.

Bertuzzi was responsible for ending Moore's career, and he should pay for it. And whenever you sue, you sue everyone so that it gives you a better chance of getting a settlement.

calgarygts
02-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I would like to see an already overpaid player get a huge settlement for having to work like the rest of the world. After being a complete shit disturber and provoking the incident that happened. Maybe he didn't deserve what happened but I don't feel too bad for a guy who made a ton of money to play hockey already, and now has to come back to the 'real world' like we do everyday. Suing all those people? Good way to look greedy, and downplay even the suit against Bertuzzi. Why does he deserve a huge settlement? He didn't deserve the money he was being paid in the first place, he should consider himself lucky to have been a part of the nhl at all. Bertuzzi is completely responsible, and I do agree he should have to pay, I think a percentage of his salary should go to Steve Moore, since he also makes too much money. But in the end they're all going to be broke anyways, which I think is fantastic. Open their eyes up a little.

scooby_dooby
02-18-2005, 11:08 AM
since he can't play again i think he deserves a big settlement, but I don't feel very sorr yfor the guy.

He brought this all on himself, if he wasn't a little shit disturber that took cheap shots against other players then he wouldn't have had Bertuzzi comin to teach him a lesson, and if he had been a man and stood toe-to-toe with bertuzzi instead of turning his back and skating away like a bitch then he wouldn't have been sucker-punched either.

I think he learned his lesson, and if he ever did come back to the NHL he would think twice about trying to take out people knees unless he's prepared to back it up with his fists.

Does anyone else think this guy a a drama queen?? He's STILL wearing a neck-brace, llike a year later he's in court with a neck-brace...fuck off

91_Integz
02-18-2005, 11:18 AM
How is he a shit disturber? He was playing hockey. It's a contact sport and it's only because he hit Naslund. If it was anyone else none of this would have ever happened. Just because Naslund is good doesn't mean he should be hit....that's bullshit.

Moore does deserve a settlement....his career was taken away from him for no good reason whatsoever. Bertuzzi is a pussy to maul someone from behind like that.

i would love to see Bertuzzi never play again......but we all know that isn't going to happen

awd
02-18-2005, 11:33 AM
1. Bertuzzi made a huge error in judgement and should be punished.
2. Steve Moore had been instigating for weeks prior -- he is no angel like some of you portray him.

- Should Moore get a settlement from Bertuzzi? No.

- Should Bertuzzi play again? Yes, I hope he does.

People just love to jump on the hate-wagon, I could care less what anyone thinks - people make mistakes, Todd made a huge one. He isn't just a "fucking goon" like some of you make him out to be, I enjoyed watching him play - Hell I named my cat after him.

/end of my rant

Def_3
02-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 69cougar

He is the only one who has truly suffered. IMO Bertuzzi should never play another game in the NHL. Moore should be compensated for his loss of potential earnings, pain and suffering, and emotional turmoill

I couldnt have said it better myself, Bertuzzi pulled a cheap spinless act that cost someone their dream and career, and I am positive Crawford wasn't clueless at what Bertuzzi's intentions were

Def_3
02-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by awd
1. Bertuzzi made a huge error in judgement and should be punished.
2. Steve Moore had been instigating for weeks prior -- he is no angel like some of you portray him.

- Should Moore get a settlement from Bertuzzi? No.

- Should Bertuzzi play again? Yes, I hope he does.

People just love to jump on the hate-wagon, I could care less what anyone thinks - people make mistakes, Todd made a huge one. He isn't just a "fucking goon" like some of you make him out to be, I enjoyed watching him play - Hell I named my cat after him.

/end of my rant

so he made a mistake hey?

checking someone and hurting them is a mistake

Going up behind someone when they are skating away and soccer punching them is NOT a mistake, it is a pre meditated, spineless cowardly act:thumbsup:

awd
02-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Def_3

so he made a mistake hey?

checking someone and hurting them is a mistake

Going up behind someone when they are skating away and soccer punching them is NOT a mistake, it is a pre meditated, spineless cowardly act:thumbsup:

Yes, a mistake. It is a violent game that breeds anger in the players -- in the heat of battle he did something stupid - end of story.

Def_3
02-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 91_Integz
Moore does deserve a settlement....his career was taken away from him for no good reason whatsoever. Bertuzzi is a pussy to maul someone from behind like that.

i would love to see Bertuzzi never play again......but we all know that isn't going to happen

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :werd: :werd: :werd:

calgarygts
02-18-2005, 11:41 AM
It wasn't spineless, it was loyalty to his team and the ideals behind hockey. The way he did it was wrong and he made a bad decision that way but he was doing what he is payed to do, Moore was being a piece of shit and deserved to get pounded on. Getting knocked out and taken out permanently - definitely not. But trying to get away from Bertuzzi when he should have stood up and fought for the instigating he was doing was spineless. It's too bad it ended up this way, had he not been such a little girl about it he would have gotten a black eye and a fat lip and that would have been the end of it. I kinda feel for the guy but at the same time, I could probably retire on the money he had made in the nhl up to that point in time.

rip
02-18-2005, 11:44 AM
How is he a shit disturber? He was playing hockey. It's a contact sport and it's only because he hit Naslund............

It was a clean hit too..........

What bertuzzi did was cheap, but it happens quite frequently in hockey. The reason the whole thing has been blown out of proportion is because they all fell on Moore and he was seriously injured. This was a total freak accident in my opinion and Moore has gone too far (suprised he didn't sue Canada), but i've heard of more ridiculous cases standing up in the US courts.

habsfan
02-18-2005, 02:20 PM
i agree that moore does deserve a settlement. but i also agree with the fact that he is a drama queen. maybe ive missed something, but i havent heard anything about moore never being able to play hockey again. what bertuzzi did was undeniabley wrong, but i dont feel that he should never play hockey again. he is a very talented individual who made a bad judgement call. he got caught up in the heat of the game, made a terrible decision and he has, and will continue to, pay for it. long story short, i feel moore deserves a settlement from bertuzzi, no one else and bertuzzi deserves the chance to play again. he'll have this on his mind for the rest of his life, i think that mental anguish and a settlement is penalty enough

91_Integz
02-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by calgarygts
Moore was being a piece of shit and deserved to get pounded on.

How did he derserve to get pounded on? He layed a hit on their star player....I don't recall in the rules that you can't hit a player just because he's the best one on their team. It's because Naslund is a pussy finesse player. You don't see any of the Flames mauling players when Iggy gets hit do you?...how is this any different?

Ajay
02-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by rip

It was a clean hit too..........

No actually the hit Moore had on Naslund was far from clean. It was a knee on knee which put Naslund out for a couple of games. Don't really know how that can be a clean hit.

It's hockey and in hockey there evolve rivalaries. When a player like Moore who was not established went after a key player like Naslund it was open season on Moore. I'm the first to say that what Bertuzzi did was a cowardly act but it was definetly planned...maybe not to the extent of what actually happened but he still planned on beating his ass before the game was over.

Just evolved into a terrible mess with one player who started it all losing his career and becoming the pity case. None of it woulda happened without Moore going after Naslund....he'll still get a wicked settlement and by suing all those mentioned the settlement more than likely won't come out of Bertuzzi's pocket but more than likely out of Orca Bay's pocket considering it happened in their arena.

If the NHL EVER comes back Bertuzzi will defineitly be re-instated.

awd
02-18-2005, 02:43 PM

How did he derserve to get pounded on? He layed a hit on their star player....I don't recall in the rules that you can't hit a player just because he's the best one on their team. It's because Naslund is a pussy finesse player. You don't see any of the Flames mauling players when Iggy gets hit do you?...how is this any different?

He was marked after that dirty hit on Naslund -- that is common in this sport, at any level.

That is common knowledge to anyone that watches hockey, just part of the game.

Jerms
02-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by awd

He was marked after that dirty hit on Naslund -- that is common in this sport, at any level.

That is common knowledge to anyone that watches hockey, just part of the game.

Agreed, I think he totally deserved what he got, its the name of the game..

why would he be sueing brad may and marc crawford? i can't recall how were they involved??

awd
02-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Jerms

why would he be sueing brad may and marc crawford? i can't recall how were they involved??

He is suing the the whole canucks organization -- more money I guess.

calgarygts
02-18-2005, 03:24 PM

If it was a clean open ice hit I wouldn't care and neither would have anyone else. Have you ever been hit knee to knee? Worst pain I've ever felt in 20 years of hockey. That was a cheap hit on a star player - definitely grounds for a fight with the other teams 'tough guy'. If you're going to do something like that you should be ready to get into a scrap - these guys know how hockey works, they've played all their lives. You don't think the entire flames team would be all over Moore if he did that to Iggy and put him out for a few games?

Roadrage
02-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Ajay

No actually the hit Moore had on Naslund was far from clean. It was a knee on knee which put Naslund out for a couple of games. Don't really know how that can be a clean hit.

Moore's hit on Naslund wasn't knee on knee, it was Naslund reaching for the puck and Moore's shoulder into his head. If Naslund wasn't reaching for the puck, Moore would've leveled him in the chest instead. Since Moore was already lining up Naslund for the hit, there was no way he could've pulled up as Naslund appeared to reach just a second before Moore got there.

Impreza
02-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I have to agree with AWD here. I think what Bertuzzi did was far from "right". It was the biggest mistake! However, I don't think Bertuzzi intended to injure Moore to the extent that he did.

I also have to agree that it is somewhat part of the game to protect the stars on your team and intimidate the opponent. When someone takes a cheap shot on your star player, you can't just ignore it! Players are designated on teams as "goons" to protect and intimidate other teams so they don't mess with the stars. Dave Simenko, etc. If you're the player giving out the dirty hit, you're going to expect to get your ass kicked! Look at what happened to Claude Lemieux after the dirty hit on Kris Draper that broke his jaw. Claude Lemieux payed for what he did. What Bertuzzi did is no different, he was merely protecting the star player on his own team. He just wanted to get Moore back for what he did. He never intended to end the guy's career. After the dirty hit that Moore dished out on Naslund, everyone was looking forward to the next time the Canucks played the Avs because everyone realized that it was going to be payback time.Anyone that follows hockey or ever played hockey knows what I am talking about. I don't condone what Bertuzzi did, but it is part of the game. Bertuzzi just made a huge error in judgement. He should have beat the shit out of Moore by skating up to him and dropping the gloves. He should have never sucker punched him from behind.

In the end, I think that Moore is a little hypocrite. His initial stance was, "I want to just get better....etc, I don't have a civil suit", but then he got a new attorney, the same one Kobe Bryant has, and is suing everybody...

lastprodigy
02-18-2005, 05:46 PM
he didnt lose his career becuase of bertuzzi, he los this career because of all the fuckedheads that jumped on top of him after....in any sport of you go after the star player, being targeted should be expected...steve moore does not deserve and money from a settlement since by stepping on the ice he is agreeing to whatever any part of what ahppens opn the ice...

oh i agreee with awd...forgot to quote it though!

big_k
02-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Ajay

It's hockey and in hockey there evolve rivalaries. When a player like Moore who was not established went after a key player like Naslund it was open season on Moore. I'm the first to say that what Bertuzzi did was a cowardly act but it was definetly planned...maybe not to the extent of what actually happened but he still planned on beating his ass before the game was over.

Just evolved into a terrible mess with one player who started it all losing his career and becoming the pity case. None of it woulda happened without Moore going after Naslund....he'll still get a wicked settlement and by suing all those mentioned the settlement more than likely won't come out of Bertuzzi's pocket but more than likely out of Orca Bay's pocket considering it happened in their arena.

If the NHL EVER comes back Bertuzzi will defineitly be re-instated.

did you even see the moore hit on naslund?? It was not even close to a knee on knee. it was a clean open ice hit at the blue line, people argue that moore elbowed him in the head, when infact, moore's shoulder went into his head because he was not skating straight up.

i agree that there are rivalries in hockey, but thats not the way you take care of it. bertuzzi was a fucking idiot, and no proffesional athlete should ever have that bad of a mental lapse. you do NOT sucker punch someone from behind. If you want to get even, wait till they have the puck, and knock them down, simple as that.

and somehow blaming this on moore going after naslund? is it his fault naslund was a sitting duck? it was an open ice hit, simple as that. that is the most ridiculous thing i have heard, you mine aswell never drive your car again, cause if you get in an accident, its your fault, you could have walked or taken the bus, then you wouldn't have been where you were, and not been in an accident :rolleyes:

I feel that moore deserves a damn good settlement. His career was ended, and he was severly injured. and for the people saying "poor baby, now he has to go to the 'real' world", that doesn't mean shit, he is loosing alot of money not playin in the nhl. you think he was already making more than he should, hows that? hes making millions, because he can do something that YOU can not. If you could do something better than everyone else, you would be makin a damn good salary aswell. sounds to me like someone is just a little jelous that they don't make millions.

Ajay
02-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by big_k

did you even see the moore hit on naslund?? It was not even close to a knee on knee. it was a clean open ice hit at the blue line, people argue that moore elbowed him in the head, when infact, moore's shoulder went into his head because he was not skating straight up.

i agree that there are rivalries in hockey, but thats not the way you take care of it. bertuzzi was a fucking idiot, and no proffesional athlete should ever have that bad of a mental lapse. you do NOT sucker punch someone from behind. If you want to get even, wait till they have the puck, and knock them down, simple as that.

and somehow blaming this on moore going after naslund? is it his fault naslund was a sitting duck? it was an open ice hit, simple as that. that is the most ridiculous thing i have heard, you mine aswell never drive your car again, cause if you get in an accident, its your fault, you could have walked or taken the bus, then you wouldn't have been where you were, and not been in an accident :rolleyes:

I feel that moore deserves a damn good settlement. His career was ended, and he was severly injured. and for the people saying "poor baby, now he has to go to the 'real' world", that doesn't mean shit, he is loosing alot of money not playin in the nhl. you think he was already making more than he should, hows that? hes making millions, because he can do something that YOU can not. If you could do something better than everyone else, you would be makin a damn good salary aswell. sounds to me like someone is just a little jelous that they don't make millions.

Yah my bad....I don't know why I thought it was a knee on knee I know I was thinking of someone else. Either way it was a bad thing and he'll get a settlement.

scooby_dooby
02-18-2005, 06:42 PM

did you even see the 10 seconds BEFORE the infamous suckr punch clip? it was Bertuzii face to face with moore, trying to get him to fight, and moore TURNED around, like a little bitch and skated away....

as far as whetehr the hit was fair? hell no, he leaned over and he intentionally tried to take naslunds freakin head off, technically maybe it wasn't a penalty, but naslund was off balance. Moore knew it and went for the freakin 50km elbow to his head... that is spineless in my opinion, he could have EASILY hurt naslund and ended his career, it's just fluke and luck that he didn't, what's worse is that he wou;ldn't stand up for himself after doing something sao cheap, he turned around and skated away....

in hockey the tough guys protect the not so tough guys, you don't go around trying to injure star players unless your damn well ready to defend yourself against the tough guys on that players team, and that's where moore fuct up, gonna cheap shot, try and injure naslund? Fine. But you better stand there be accountable when the tough comes over to teach you a lesson.

big_k
02-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by scooby_dooby

did you even see the 10 seconds BEFORE the infamous suckr punch clip? it was Bertuzii face to face with moore, trying to get him to fight, and moore TURNED around, like a little bitch and skated away....

as far as whetehr the hit was fair? hell no, he leaned over and he intentionally tried to take naslunds freakin head off, technically maybe it wasn't a penalty, but naslund was off balance. Moore knew it and went for the freakin 50km elbow to his head... that is spineless in my opinion, he could have EASILY hurt naslund and ended his career, it's just fluke and luck that he didn't, what's worse is that he wou;ldn't stand up for himself after doing something sao cheap, he turned around and skated away....

in hockey the tough guys protect the not so tough guys, you don't go around trying to injure star players unless your damn well ready to defend yourself against the tough guys on that players team, and that's where moore fuct up, gonna cheap shot, try and injure naslund? Fine. But you better stand there be accountable when the tough comes over to teach you a lesson.

yeah, the 10 seconds before it, moore wouldn't fight bertuzzia i wonder why? little bit of a weight difference there.

how can you say that hit wasn't fair, but then go say, "maybe its not a penalty"? kinda contradicting there. if its not a penalty, its fair. you can't predict what naslund is going to do, moore saw him heading to the puck, moore had an opportunity to flatten him, legally, NOT by sucker punching him, and he cleaned his clock. like i said, i have no problem with the canucks wanting to get him back, but the way bertuzzi did it was pathetic and childish. you have no proof that moore was trying to injure naslund, he was just trying to hit him, as he would have done to anyone who was in that posistion.

"hell no, he leaned over and he intentionally tried to take naslunds freakin head off,"

newslfash, thats how you hit in hockey, you don't lean into your check, you are gonna get rocked. i guarantee you ever time you watch highlights, they show a huge open ice hit, you don't go "hey, thats bullshit, he leaned into him, he could have injured him", just cause its naslund, everyones gettin their panties in a twist, naslund should suck it up, and learn that hes playin hockey, and be prepared to get hit every once and awhile.

Weapon_R
02-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Shows how fucked up some people are...

A guy's career is ended because someone punched him from behind, and you guys are defending him.. :dunno:

I hope Moore gets exactly what he's looking for. A clean bodycheck, no matter how rough, does not give Bertuzzi permission to end his career.

big_k
02-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

A guy's career is ended because someone punched him from behind, and you guys are defending him.. :dunno:

I hope Moore gets exactly what he's looking for. A clean bodycheck, no matter how rough, does not give Bertuzzi permission to end his career.

bingo

BokCh0y
02-18-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm pissed off. Pissed off that Moore's such a bitch. Here's my 2 cents.

Yes, yes that shot Todd Bertuzzi made on Steve Moore was a CHEAP shot. Yeah Todd should pay Steve a settlement for a career ending hit like this (no big loss....Steve Moore sucks anyways). But honestly look at the big picture. If Steve hadn't had made that Cheap hit on Naslund....NONE of this would've happened. Regardless what everyone's views are about Steve's hit on Naslund.....it was still a hit - clean or not you be the judge. But honestly, what did you think was gonna happen when you go for a star player. You think everyone is just gonna stand there sucking their thumbs....... When you play hockey on a team...that team is your family. When someone tries to take out your bro, what would you do?

Bertuzzi's hit was a bad judement call, that's all it was I don't think the dude was planning on taking the guy out for good. My opinion, he shoulda sent Brad May over to do the dirty work instead. But none the less whats done is done. The point is that Steve started this WHOLE thing. He shoulda thought twice about hitting Naslund and even after that, he shoulda stood up to Todd when Todd brought it on. Now to have him going around crying like a little girl and sueing everyone...come on. that's just pathetic. Hockey is a contact sport...wtf did he expect was gonna happen to him? I'm not justifying Bertuzzi, but give the guy a break. Moore is at as much fault here as Bertuzzi is. The dude instigated the whole thing. He shoulda just called in sick that day.

Watch the NFL....all of these guys take career ending hits on a regular basis, some are accidental, some are on purpose. but you don't see these guys suing everyone and making as big a stink as Moore is. what's gonna happen is this. The outcome of Moore's settlement will determine how hockey is played from now on. If he wins BIG, then expect a lot more law suits like this. Expect that a full contact sport like hockey will be big brothered by everyone. As soon as someone else gets hurt, here comes another lawsuit. Bertuzzi should settle with the guy privately and that's that. Suing everyone else....give it up crybaby. Not gonna happen.

Moore should just stfu and and collect his insurance and be happy.

Bertuzzi should just pay moore to go away and end this whole pow wow.

As for Hockey.....come back to the ice and bring the cup back to Calgary.

-end rant-

big_k
02-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
I'm pissed off. Pissed off that Moore's such a bitch. Here's my 2 cents.

Yes, yes that shot Todd Bertuzzi made on Steve Moore was a CHEAP shot. Yeah Todd should pay Steve a settlement for a career ending hit like this (no big loss....Steve Moore sucks anyways). But honestly look at the big picture. If Steve hadn't had made that Cheap hit on Naslund....NONE of this would've happened. Regardless what everyone's views are about Steve's hit on Naslund.....it was still a hit - clean or not you be the judge. But honestly, what did you think was gonna happen when you go for a star player. You think everyone is just gonna stand there sucking their thumbs....... When you play hockey on a team...that team is your family. When someone tries to take out your bro, what would you do?

Bertuzzi's hit was a bad judement call, that's all it was I don't think the dude was planning on taking the guy out for good. My opinion, he shoulda sent Brad May over to do the dirty work instead. But none the less whats done is done. The point is that Steve started this WHOLE thing. He shoulda thought twice about hitting Naslund and even after that, he shoulda stood up to Todd when Todd brought it on. Now to have him going around crying like a little girl and sueing everyone...come on. that's just pathetic. Hockey is a contact sport...wtf did he expect was gonna happen to him? I'm not justifying Bertuzzi, but give the guy a break. Moore is at as much fault here as Bertuzzi is. The dude instigated the whole thing. He shoulda just called in sick that day.

Watch the NFL....all of these guys take career ending hits on a regular basis, some are accidental, some are on purpose. but you don't see these guys suing everyone and making as big a stink as Moore is. what's gonna happen is this. The outcome of Moore's settlement will determine how hockey is played from now on. If he wins BIG, then expect a lot more law suits like this. Expect that a full contact sport like hockey will be big brothered by everyone. As soon as someone else gets hurt, here comes another lawsuit. Bertuzzi should settle with the guy privately and that's that. Suing everyone else....give it up crybaby. Not gonna happen.

Moore should just stfu and and collect his insurance and be happy.

Bertuzzi should just pay moore to go away and end this whole pow wow.

As for Hockey.....come back to the ice and bring the cup back to Calgary.

-end rant-

alright, whats this about no big loss about loosing steve moore? it doesn't matter whether your the best in the buisness, or an average player, his career was ended, his skill should have nothing to do with any of this. He will get paid accordingly to his current contract, which in effect shows his skill, there for his skill has nothing to do with it, its gonna be taken care of.

i agree that if moore never hit naslund this never would have happened. but there is no reason that moore should not have hit naslund. you said it your self, hockey is a contact sport, and moore should have been ready, well, naslund should be ready to take a hit like that every once and a while, because, you said it yourself, its a contact sport.

There is NO possible way that moore is at fault here. i don't know where you get that logic from. i mean, he should have seen a career ending hit coming when he had a split second decision, (to hit naslund or not to), he choose to hit him, as almost anyone would, naslund was gettin across the center with his head down, its his own fault. if he was looking up, and not at the puck, he could have tried to avoid the hit.

and about the nfl, yeah, guys get their careers ended all the time from hits in the regular course of play. SAME THING HAPPENS IN HOCKEY. people don't sue when its a clean hit, or a dirty hit, because it is a contact sport. this situation is completely differnet, steve moore was attacked by burtuzzi. that is not part of hockey, yes, fighting is, but what bertuzzi did was pitiful, there should be respect among hockey players, bertuzzi showed absolutely non towards moore with that shot.

players are not going to start sueing everyone wheter moore wins or not. there may be future lawsuits, but i would bet my bottom dollar that they will all be related to cheap shots like this, something that is not part of the game. body checks that end careers will never be in court, just as they never have been.

i don't understand how people are siding with bertuzzi here, is crazy that someone that did that can get defence, it was a cowerdly move.

Chandler_Racing
02-18-2005, 11:31 PM

Like who? Moore was the only one who suffered. He lost his career, and suffered some serious injuries. You can't even put a price on what Moore lost.

Bertuzzi was responsible for ending Moore's career, and he should pay for it. And whenever you sue, you sue everyone so that it gives you a better chance of getting a settlement.
Lots of careers have been ended and that does not justify a settlement. What does is the total disregard of hockeys conduct. Many people have ended careers and to say they are responsible for it is ignorant; its simply part of the game sometimes people get hurt.

BokCh0y
02-18-2005, 11:53 PM

alright, whats this about no big loss about loosing steve moore? it doesn't matter whether your the best in the buisness, or an average player, his career was ended, his skill should have nothing to do with any of this. He will get paid accordingly to his current contract, which in effect shows his skill, there for his skill has nothing to do with it, its gonna be taken care of.

i agree that if moore never hit naslund this never would have happened. but there is no reason that moore should not have hit naslund. you said it your self, hockey is a contact sport, and moore should have been ready, well, naslund should be ready to take a hit like that every once and a while, because, you said it yourself, its a contact sport.

There is NO possible way that moore is at fault here. i don't know where you get that logic from. i mean, he should have seen a career ending hit coming when he had a split second decision, (to hit naslund or not to), he choose to hit him, as almost anyone would, naslund was gettin across the center with his head down, its his own fault. if he was looking up, and not at the puck, he could have tried to avoid the hit.

and about the nfl, yeah, guys get their careers ended all the time from hits in the regular course of play. SAME THING HAPPENS IN HOCKEY. people don't sue when its a clean hit, or a dirty hit, because it is a contact sport. this situation is completely differnet, steve moore was attacked by burtuzzi. that is not part of hockey, yes, fighting is, but what bertuzzi did was pitiful, there should be respect among hockey players, bertuzzi showed absolutely non towards moore with that shot.

players are not going to start sueing everyone wheter moore wins or not. there may be future lawsuits, but i would bet my bottom dollar that they will all be related to cheap shots like this, something that is not part of the game. body checks that end careers will never be in court, just as they never have been.

i don't understand how people are siding with bertuzzi here, is crazy that someone that did that can get defence, it was a cowerdly move.

NO possible way Moore was at fault here? Come on. If you play with fire - expect to get burned. Like I said before, Moore may not have had a career ending hit coming, but none the less he had something coming.

You sit here and try to justify Moore's hit on naslund.....i saw the hit. You said it yourself, yeah Naslund had his head down watching the puck.....and yes Moore hit him while his head was down.....so how is that different from Bertuzzi's shot on Moore? Looks like it was just as cheap if you ask me. Neither party saw it coming......

As for Todd, he didn't ATTACK moore. He picked a fight and tried to provoke Moore, that's all it was. It wasn't like he hit him again and again. Like I said I'm not justifying Todd's shot on Moore, but get real pal. That was far from an attack. Like I said before, It's not like Todd sat there and beat the fuck out of Moore. It was one shot - a poor shot - but yes a shot. He tried to provoke Moore, that's all it was.

You speak about respect amoungst players....so where was Moore's respect when he hit Naslund while he was looking down? At least Bertuzzi showed SOME respect. He tried to start a fight with Moore and when Moore walked away, he went and tried to provoke the dude. Moore was given the chance to stand up and defend what he did. It's not like bertuzzi just went up and KICKED the crap outta the guy.

Like I said, this was a poor judement call for both Bertuzzi and Moore and will haunt the both of them forever.

NickGT
02-19-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm an avid player and a huge hockey fan. That said, it's a pretty sick fucking world when people justify the brutal assault of another human being because they think it's part of the game. You guys are an embarassment, and a perfect example of everything that is wrong in sport. I think it's hilarious that you consider yourselves fans of the game when you can't even distinguish the difference between body contact/physical play and assault. :guns:

RiCE-DaDDy
02-19-2005, 12:30 AM
^ ding ding ding:werd:

big_k
02-19-2005, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by NickGT
I'm an avid player and a huge hockey fan. That said, it's a pretty sick fucking world when people justify the brutal assault of another human being because they think it's part of the game. You guys are an embarassment, and a perfect example of everything that is wrong in sport. I think it's hilarious that you consider yourselves fans of the game when you can't even distinguish the difference between body contact/physical play and assault. :guns:

could not have said it better myself

69cougar
02-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
I have to agree with AWD here. I think what Bertuzzi did was far from "right". It was the biggest mistake! However, I don't think Bertuzzi intended to injure Moore to the extent that he did.

I also have to agree that it is somewhat part of the game to protect the stars on your team and intimidate the opponent. When someone takes a cheap shot on your star player, you can't just ignore it! Players are designated on teams as "goons" to protect and intimidate other teams so they don't mess with the stars. Dave Simenko, etc. If you're the player giving out the dirty hit, you're going to expect to get your ass kicked! Look at what happened to Claude Lemieux after the dirty hit on Kris Draper that broke his jaw. Claude Lemieux payed for what he did. What Bertuzzi did is no different, he was merely protecting the star player on his own team. He just wanted to get Moore back for what he did. He never intended to end the guy's career. After the dirty hit that Moore dished out on Naslund, everyone was looking forward to the next time the Canucks played the Avs because everyone realized that it was going to be payback time.Anyone that follows hockey or ever played hockey knows what I am talking about. I don't condone what Bertuzzi did, but it is part of the game. Bertuzzi just made a huge error in judgement. He should have beat the shit out of Moore by skating up to him and dropping the gloves. He should have never sucker punched him from behind.

In the end, I think that Moore is a little hypocrite. His initial stance was, "I want to just get better....etc, I don't have a civil suit", but then he got a new attorney, the same one Kobe Bryant has, and is suing everybody...

So he didn't mean to hurt him? So what. That guy robbng the bank didn't mean to shoot that teller either. You have to be resposnable for your actions. Want another example how about the guy at Dixon's that threw the one punch at the kid and killed him. I am prety sure he didn't mean to kill him but what happened was a result of his actions!

/////AMG
02-19-2005, 09:43 AM

Both of Weapon_r's post are exactly what I think. Imagine someone screwing up your life and you carrer, for sometign that they shoul dhave never done. Anyway I hope Moore gets what he deserves and same with the idiot Bertuzzi.

big_k
02-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar

So he didn't mean to hurt him? So what. That guy robbng the bank didn't mean to shoot that teller either. You have to be resposnable for your actions. Want another example how about the guy at Dixon's that threw the one punch at the kid and killed him. I am prety sure he didn't mean to kill him but what happened was a result of his actions!

the guy robbing the bank didn't have intentions on the shooting the teller when he went in there. but in the heat of the "robbery" he pulled the trigger, fully on purpose. just as i'm sure burtuzzi didn't intend on dooing to moore what he did at the start of the game, but at the time, he was fully aware that he was sucker punching him from behind, AND, i bet you that bertuzzi had intentions on gettin some sort of revenge on moore that game, there for its even worse that your little teller scenerio. nice try with that arguement though, thanks for coming out.

exactly, he didn't mean to kill him with the punch, but he did, and would get charged with the results, not what his intentions where. just as burtuzzi didn't mean to injure him nearly that bad, but guess what, HE DID, therefor he should suffer the repercussions.

lam-boy
02-19-2005, 08:42 PM
why does he have to fight Bertuzzi too? He already fought one of their clowns that night.

Team_Mclaren
02-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Moore is a little bitch imo:

I dont think Bretuzzi's hit was justify in any share/form. He deserves to be publish. And that's exactly what he's getting. I dont feel sorry for him, and his hit was definity not part of the game. But WTF is Moore doing sueing Brad May, Marc Crawford, Brian Burke and possibly the entire Canucks organization. I felt sorry for him when the incident happened but now Im disgusted with him. Did you know who Moore was before the incident. I dont, was he a star player? no. Does it matter you ask? well not really. I do believe that every player should be treated equally, but Moore is getting way out of hand. He just wants a huge amount of money, way more than he deserves imo.

Look back at the Dany Heatley incident, his stuipd action killed his teammate/friend. But instead of sueing Heatley and his dogs, the Syder family forgive him. Hey, remember that their son is dead! not just injured. Dont you think that its way more serious than what Moore is going throught... Im not asking him to be as generous as the syder family, he should get the money he deserves but what he the amount he want is wayyyy to much. He's just taking advantage of the incident to please himself.

I'm not defending Bretuzzi in anyway, I jsut believe that Moore can do better than that as a person.

edited: read this up, I agreed with Naslund 100%
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp;jsessionid=ADONEGAJNOGD?content=20050221_090223_4564

habsfan
02-21-2005, 05:38 PM
i'm also in complete agreement with naslund. moore is going way too far with this

hyperwhite
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
moore is a fuckin pussy bitch. if he had turned around and fought bertuzzi like a man then this wouldn't of happend. bertuzzi got caught up in the heat of the momentent and made a huge mistake in judgement, it wasn't a premeditated attack. did they plan on getting steve more, probably, but not like that. the bottom line is that no one would have a fucking clue who steve moore is if he didn't elbow nasuld in the face (for those who think he had him lined up to bodycheck him he sure did seem to drop his elbow down in just the right spot) so get the nhl back up and running and todd bertuzzi back in it as soon as possible, moore can go fornicate himself with a rusty iron rod :closed:

eb0i
02-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

You sit here and try to justify Moore's hit on naslund.....i saw the hit. You said it yourself, yeah Naslund had his head down watching the puck.....and yes Moore hit him while his head was down.....so how is that different from Bertuzzi's shot on Moore? Looks like it was just as cheap if you ask me. Neither party saw it coming......

I don't know if you have ever played contact hockey but the first thing you learn to do is to keep your head up at all times. If you don't you pay the price of getting creamed. Naslund got clocked because his head was down. In no way is that cheap. Ask Eric Lindros the importance of keeping your head up in the game of hockey.

As for people saying that Moore is a pussy for not fighting Bertuzzi.... I cannot believe that you condone people fighting other peoples fights. If anything Naslund is the pussy for not fighting his own fight! Why does he need to get Bertuzzi to fight his fights? If he was a real hockey player he would have gotten Moore back with a clean hit in a later game, its not like teams in the NorthWest conference play once a year. For example, Iginla does it himself whenever he is pissed at another player. He doesn't go and tell a bigger guy on the Flames to goon someone else when he gets his feathers ruffled.

Think about it guys, you call him a pussy for not fighting Bertuzzi, but when it comes down to it, his fight was never with Bertuzzi.

So all in all I think he has every right to sue as many people in the Canucks organization. It was poor coaching on the Canuck's part to discipline their players. Honesltly why would you goon a player like that? You can get back at him by having the whole team just hit him full out for the rest of their matches in the season and in the following seasons. The Canucks should have gotten him with clean hard hits during the game and the following games...that is what hockey is all about.

NickGT
02-22-2005, 12:03 AM
Naslund is so far out of touch. TSN mocked his recent comments by saying. "Maybe he'd think differently if it was his neck that was broken." SO TRUE. Who does he think he is anyways?! Pretty pathetic to talk down about someone who has had their neck broken, a massive concussion, and facial injuries and pretend like he can relate.

I hope Moore does successfully sue the above parties. Maybe this will send a message to all teams, and all players. As league fines, and cushy court sentences don't seem to get the message across to professional atheletes.

Next time instead of encouraging and paving the way for incident (brad may), or standying idoly by (vancouver canucks organization), both the organization and players can find a way to control heated situations better. Let me be clear, I love a good rivalry. But its suppose to stay clean and players should be reminded of that. Although you'd think it would be common sense.

If they wanna drop the gloves to settle it. By all means. But Moore did that once already. Does he have to fight the whole team? Give me a break. Bertuzzi had no reason for what he did. None.

Hockey is an emotional game. I never want to see that lost. But these are grown men. Role models for kids. It's sad.

eb0i
02-22-2005, 12:06 AM
too add to my post before.

There is NO comparison between the 2 hits. The one Moore did on Naslund they were going for the puck.

Bertuzzi's hit on Moore was nowhere close to the puck. The latter is cheap, the first is called the game of hockey.

If you reach for the puck when its not close to the boards and don't keep your head up you are ASKING to get creamed. Those who've played contact hockey have to agree with me here.

BokCh0y
02-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

I don't know if you have ever played contact hockey but the first thing you learn to do is to keep your head up at all times. If you don't you pay the price of getting creamed. Naslund got clocked because his head was down. In no way is that cheap. Ask Eric Lindros the importance of keeping your head up in the game of hockey.

As for people saying that Moore is a pussy for not fighting Bertuzzi.... I cannot believe that you condone people fighting other peoples fights. If anything Naslund is the pussy for not fighting his own fight! Why does he need to get Bertuzzi to fight his fights? If he was a real hockey player he would have gotten Moore back with a clean hit in a later game, its not like teams in the NorthWest conference play once a year. For example, Iginla does it himself whenever he is pissed at another player. He doesn't go and tell a bigger guy on the Flames to goon someone else when he gets his feathers ruffled.

Think about it guys, you call him a pussy for not fighting Bertuzzi, but when it comes down to it, his fight was never with Bertuzzi.

So all in all I think he has every right to sue as many people in the Canucks organization. It was poor coaching on the Canuck's part to discipline their players. Honesltly why would you goon a player like that? You can get back at him by having the whole team just hit him full out for the rest of their matches in the season and in the following seasons. The Canucks should have gotten him with clean hard hits during the game and the following games...that is what hockey is all about.

Get real pal. First and foremost I'm calling Moore a pussy cuz he is. You don't give a hit like he did to Naslund then after tell the media (after his cheap shot on Naslund) that you do expect them to come after you, and you want them to "bring it". If your going to talk like a fighter act like one. When I played Hockey if someone did something like what Moore did he got a new name - "Bitch". You don't call on fights that you're not willing to take on. If you call someone out you better be ready, and if you bitch out at the end you screwed. And when it comes to Naslund fighting his own fights, dude you don't know hockey do you....do you remember a two man tandem called Gretzky and McSorley? Did you ever see the great one drop the gloves? No, why you might ask? Cause he wasn't paid to punch people in the mouth that's why they have enforcers.

Here's a quote from my buddy:

-start quote-

I saw both games. The hit on Naslund was not clean. Moores hit was intended to hurt Naslund. Naslund was stretched out after trying to reach a pass when Moore DELIBERATELY stuck out his elbow and landed it on Naslunds head. I thought Moore was going to get at least 5 games for his hit. I purposely stayed up late to watch the rematch because I knew Moore was going to pay for the hit after not getting suspended. STEVE MOORE deliberately hurt the leading scorer in the league(at the time) on a team in his division. Moore had to pay for what he had done or else players were going to take runs at Vancouvers stars with no fear of paying the consequences.If Moore would have stood up and fought he would still have the ability to play hockey. If I were a Vancouver Canuck the day Colarado was in Vancouver I would have not given him a choice of dropping the golves. If he didnt, then he was going to take an uncontested beating. Steve Moore is a coward. Why is this lawsuit served in Colarado, because he knew he was never going to win his case in a Canadian court. The biggest regret i have on this incedent is that it was Vancouver's second leading scorer who commited the beating, killing their playoff chances.

Keep this in mind. All fights, sucker punches, and hits (dirty or clean) have some degree of prior thought and intent. If Moore is successful, players will be able to sue for any on-ice altercation. Moore is wrong to suggest that Bertuzzi or anyone planned to hurt him as bad as they did. It's just as wrong to suggest that Scott Stevens planned to send Lindros out as long as he did or Moore planned to lay Naslund up as long as he did. Or is it wrong to suggest this??? Before you guys jump on the bandwagon, just keep in mind that this will open up a whole new can of worms...

Moore is the one whining!!! This come from a guy that gives hockey players injuries for a living. Naslund being one of them - concussion-7 games? with possible long term affects. IMO Naslund should be suing Moore!

-end quote-

And to shoot down some of your other point's, your talking about Lindros, what happened to him and his brother, they got hit they got concusions now Eric can hardly play while his brother had to retire in his rookie season. Now my point to you is, did you hear about anyone getting sued when Brett had to retire? NO cuz getting hit is part of the game. That's one of the reasons they get paid so well cause all it takes is one hit and your career is over. Steve Moore is now trying to sue every one cause he knows with probability he might when one case if there is enough brought to the court. Why doesn't he try to sue the zamboni driver for the ice being to hard? Steve More has taken the class out of hockey by doing this; he should just shut up and collect his insurance money, then collect his retirement from the players union. And after awhile if he thinks he can play hockey as good as he used to maybe him and Theo Fleury can play on the same line for some crappy no name league.

bspot
02-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
why does he have to fight Bertuzzi too? He already fought one of their clowns that night.

Actually I already thought he fought TWICE that night. "didn't answer the bell" :rolleyes: Some of you guys need to take your Todd Bertuzzi Edition dildos out of your asses and think clearly about this for a minute.

I used to have alot of respect for Naslund, but he's a piece of sh*t after his comments.

BOOOOO blind canucks fans in this thread that condone/defend bertuzzi's actions just because he wore your covetted purple dolphin jersey.

bspot
02-22-2005, 05:28 PM
P.S. the hit was clean, even Naslund said so. Quit your whining Canuck fans.

eb0i
02-22-2005, 06:21 PM
BokChoy, the reason i pointed out Eric Lindros is because he is too stupid to keep his head up when he plays. Therefore resulting in many of his concussions.

SOAB
02-22-2005, 07:42 PM
someone t-boned me, i can't work, i can't make money, so i'm gonna sue the car company, insurance company, the driving school that trained the other driver, his mom for raising such a bad driver.

fuck moore.

btw, i hate the canucks....

gongSHOW
02-22-2005, 07:45 PM
How was that not a clean hit on Naslund.. he went down at the last minute to reach for the puck/dodge the hit and he went into his elbow. everyone admitted that it was a clean hit, analysists and I believe even Naslund. It is exactly like a check from behind, if you turn at the last second and expose your back and get checked from behind, its not the other guy's fault, its yours. It was a completely clean hit. Just because its a star player does not mean action should be taken. If so, why even hit him, "ohhh no Naslund is comming down the ice, everyone move to the side and let the man through", fuck. Its hockey where contact is inevitable. the fact is Bertuzzi, getting killed (score was like 7 - 1 or something big) and the fact that Marc Crawford said earlier that he they would be dealt with, acted like a drunken bafoon and tried to let his anger out on Moore. He deserves what ever he gets

awd
02-22-2005, 07:52 PM
By the end of the week Moore will be sueing his kindergarten teacher and the first girl he finger-banged -- fuck him.

I wish him the worst of luck with this lawsuit.

SOAB
02-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by awd
By the end of the week Moore will be sueing his kindergarten teacher and the first girl he finger-banged -- fuck him.

i bet he'll get much more money if he sued the teammates that piled on top of him too!! wtf is he thinking stopping at the canucks organization??

hell, sue the fans for cheering!!!

oh wait, this is Canada, only stupid lawsuits hold up in the states......

BokCh0y
02-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by awd

like i said, he'll be suing the zamboni driver for the ice being too hard!!!!!!!!!!

like the guys said ^^^^^^ Fuck Moore!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

gongSHOW
02-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Did you guys know that the NHL warned Marc Crawford and the Canucks organization before not to get carried away. And also phoned the referees and told them this

NHL executive vice-president Colin Campbell and director of officiating Andy van Hellemond placed a phone call to referees Dennis LaRue and Stephen Walkom in the officials' room to discuss the potential for additional fights or other events during the lopsided game.
Bertuzzi is a fucking retard and the Canucks organization in general, there is no doubt that they were guning for him even the league new it. He fought the guy and Bertuzzi being the idiot he is, wanted to fight him again,

604-Mico
02-23-2005, 01:34 AM
IMO,

Moore needs to STFU
his 15 minutes of fame was over a long time ago

the court in colorado has no jurisdiction over something that happened in Vancouver.

Whats next? Is he going to sue Bertuzzi in the courts of Mexico?

If he wants money he shouldnt have quit his dayjob cause he proabably was destined to be a career minor leaguer anyways

Team_Mclaren
02-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by 604-Mico
IMO,

the court in colorado has no jurisdiction over something that happened in Vancouver.

Whats next? Is he going to sue Bertuzzi in the courts of Mexico?

That's another good point which in the end made me feel that all he wanted was a huge amount of money!:nut:

gongSHOW
02-23-2005, 08:11 AM
The case against Bertuzzi was a criminal case, pursued by British Columbia. This case will be personal lawsuit to seek damages incurred.

awd
02-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by gongSHOW
Did you guys know that the NHL warned Marc Crawford and the Canucks organization before not to get carried away. And also phoned the referees and told them this

Bertuzzi is a fucking retard and the Canucks organization in general, there is no doubt that they were guning for him even the league new it. He fought the guy and Bertuzzi being the idiot he is, wanted to fight him again,

Nice blanket statements -- you hate the Canucks and you are using this incident as an excuse to extend your feelings about the team, nice try.

Moore is money hungry, end of story -- a rookie that played 57 games that is now looking for a windfall of cash to retire on.

Like I said, I wish him the worst of luck with this lawsuit -- I hope it blows up in his face.

Weapon_R
02-23-2005, 10:31 AM

You're right, it doesn't. But we don't live in Columbia. A U.S. court can try Canadian citizens, and vice versa. Also, if Bertuzzi expects to play in the U.S, he'll show to court.

gran turismo
02-23-2005, 11:41 AM
You know what? It doesn't matter if the hit on Naslund is clean or not. If it's dirty, the league punishes Moore. If it's clean, it should end there. The fact that Moore is not a star makes no difference except for the amount of money he'll be entitled too regarding future earnings lost.

I don't know how you can possibly defend Bartuzzi. Yes, he made a mistake and didn't mean to hurt Moore as much as he did. But people make mistakes all the time and PAY for it. Hitting someone with a stick over the head (McSorley) or sucker punching someone from behind and pushing them into the ice (Bartuzzi) are NOT part of the game.

The reason for the lawsuit against multiple parties is motivated by $$$ and most likey Moore's lawyer. The Canucks orginization is partly responsible. They've been warned by the NHL to limit the retaliation. Crawford sent Bartuzzi out. Do you think he didn't know what was going to happen (Bartuzzi instigating something).

All in all, I think it's sick that someone could even attempt to defend Bartuzzi's actions and call Moore a "bitch, pussy etc." Shows you how messed up some people are.

604-Mico
02-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by gran turismo
All in all, I think it's sick that someone could even attempt to defend Bartuzzi's actions and call Moore a "bitch, pussy etc." Shows you how messed up some people are.

I dont think anyone who posted in this thread is defending Bertuzzi's actions.
But ppl have a problem with how Moore is pursuing this issue with his lawsuits.

The fine line that seperated what happens in the rink and outside of the rink has vanished ever since the Mcsorley-Brashear incident.

Hockey players have less respect for each other in general (Ex. Stick swining incidents)

IMO if Moore wanted the better for sport of hockey, he should be an advocate on chaning rules in hockey that would prevent trajedies from occuring again.

Sueing everyone in sight is obviously a last try to get as much money as you can out of a situation.

Nobody has ever brought this up but do you think Moore even has made an effort to make a recovery to play hockey again?

I dont think so....this guy doesnt love the sport. He's just in it for money.

USED
02-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, you can tell from these post's who the people are that actually understand and have played hockey.

IMO Bertuzzi should be punished for what he did (as he already has been).

Moore is just a second rate player who had a limited career in the NHL and he know's it. Instead of focusing on trying to get back into playing shape, he just wants to get a huge settlement and sit at home and lick the gravy. IMO he had no career in the NHL. He played a very limited amount of games in his rookie year and showed no promise at all.

Moore's injury was sustained when everyone jumped on top off him and Bertuzzi after he was knocked out. Had all the other idiots not jumped on the pile, he wouldn't have sustained the injuries that he did.

This is just an example of a second-rate player trying to get first-rate pay!

gran turismo
02-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Don't you see. It doesn't matter if Moore is a star or not. If he can't get back to playing hockey, then he deserves to be compensated.

Obviously, his future earning potential should be assessed which will be difficult since one would have to predict his playing career and future salary. I don't agree with Moore getting a "superstar's" compensation package when he wasn't a star, but he should be paid regardless of his skill level.

604-Mico
02-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Why doesnt he at least give it some time to try to make a comeback

By filing this, it gives a sense to everyone that he has given up before he even has tried in terms of recovering

Besides, if you determine his compensation by his future salary, he's better off if he comes back and prooves that he's a solid defensive center in the NHL level

instead of the fringe NHL/AHL player he will be seen as now

gran turismo
02-23-2005, 01:01 PM
I totally agree with you in terms of Moore giving it a try to comeback. In all honestly, I have no idea of the rehab he's been going through. Maybe he's been informed by doctors that playing is out of the question. This could very well be true. He did fracture his neck. Maybe he can't pass the physical or teams don't want to take a chance and sign him. All of this would be addressed in court so only time will tell.

69cougar
02-25-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by bspot
P.S. the hit was clean, even Naslund said so. Quit your whining Canuck fans.

:werd: :werd:

beyondmooch
02-25-2005, 11:18 AM

By filing this, it gives a sense to everyone that he has given up before he even has tried in terms of recovering

do you know for FACT that Moore has given up? And if such an incident were to incurr on you, would you ever be the same physically and mentally? I mean, sure theres risks to any professional contact sports, but most of those risks are accidental, and the hit sure wasn't an accident.

Moore deserves the settlement regardless of his status or potential status in the nhl.

604-Mico
02-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by beyondmooch

do you know for FACT that Moore has given up? And if such an incident were to incurr on you, would you ever be the same physically and mentally? I mean, sure theres risks to any professional contact sports, but most of those risks are accidental, and the hit sure wasn't an accident.

Moore deserves the settlement regardless of his status or potential status in the nhl.

do you know for FACT that Moore HASNT given up?
as i posted above, his actions now gives the sense to everyone that he has given up a bit too quick.

If i was a professional athelete (I wish lol) i would at least give it one last try to come back to the sport I love.

You hear of football players in the NFL suffering very serious neck and back injuries but still overcoming them to play again

so my point is, why doesnt he at least give it some time for his body to recover and see how it goes instead of immediately filing civil suits against everyone in sight.

beyondmooch
02-25-2005, 01:14 PM
we both don't know what his progress is, therefore your quote "Why doesnt he at least give it some time to try to make a comeback" has no merit. What we DO know is that his neck is broken and is suffering from severe post-concussion syndromes.

604-Mico
02-25-2005, 01:28 PM
very true

i guess time will tell all

Roadrage
02-27-2005, 02:11 PM

It's probably something called CYA (Cover your A**). Moore has a limited time to sue and if he doesn't, he loses the opportunity. You just know Bertuzzi's lawyers will keep it in the courts for years anyways so he will still have the opportunity to make a comeback. I don't think he's given up yet but thats my opinion.

gongSHOW
02-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by awd

Nice blanket statements -- you hate the Canucks and you are using this incident as an excuse to extend your feelings about the team, nice try.

Moore is money hungry, end of story -- a rookie that played 57 games that is now looking for a windfall of cash to retire on.

Like I said, I wish him the worst of luck with this lawsuit -- I hope it blows up in his face.
Yes Moore was a marginal 3rd or 4th liner at best, but if you look at in this way, if your a GM and your looking for a player like that, you won't take Moore who is likely to be more prone to injuries. Because he was such a marginal player even furthers the fact that his career is over, who the hell would want a guy with a high chance of injury who is gonna be a third or fourth line guy. The fact is there are plenty of healthy guys in that situation that they could pick up. His career is over and he needs some financial retribution for that.