PDA

View Full Version : Who street races?

Pages : [1] 2

gorillam
02-18-2005, 01:10 PM
I keep seeing loads and loads of people say,

"Streetracing :thumbsdow "
"Streetracing gay" etc..

Just curious who here hasnt ever raced someone off of the lights? or gone to a back road/logging road and gaver shit?
Or opened your car up on the highway? It's still streetracing, and how does this make you any different from the people you call fags?

You know you all have!

Ps, dont flame just seeing what people actually do.
Try and be honest.

Toms-SC
02-18-2005, 01:13 PM
in

None of the organized stuff thoe. Just stop light to stop light.

Toms-SC
02-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

Or opened your car up on the highway? It's still streetracing, and how does this make you any different from the people you call fags?

The reason is that we must not ENCOURAGE this behavour on the forums. Otherwise it would have been shut down a long time ago. We all know its going on, does not mean we have to post about it.

oddjob
02-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
in

None of the organized stuff thoe. Just stop light to stop light.

:werd: I try and keep it regulated usually just kill the guy off the line to claim my victory then slow down. :rofl:

GTS Jeff
02-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

"Streetracing :thumbsdow "
"Streetracing gay" etc..

Just curious who here hasnt ever raced someone off of the lights? or gone to a back road/logging road and gaver shit?

You know you all have!

Ps, dont flame just seeing what people actually do.
Try and be honest. of course everyone does that stuff uve described. its hard to resist having some fun with your car when given the chance. what people are against is organized street racing, like the BS races on saturday nights.

QuasarCav
02-18-2005, 01:31 PM
We are all enthusiats here so everyone of us is guilty in some form. I enjoy a stoplight to stoplight run against an equal competitor but bringing your mom's camry to the saturday night shitshow is just gay IMO.

Have you ever been to that shit? Bunch of 16 year olds racing cavaliers and sunfires. Cranking there factory systems so loud that you can hear the high pitched squeal of eminem from deerfoot.

Melinda
02-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
We are all enthusiats here so everyone of us is guilty in some form. I enjoy a stoplight to stoplight run against an equal competitor but bringing your mom's camry to the saturday night shitshow is just gay IMO.

Have you ever been to that shit? Bunch of 16 year olds racing cavaliers and sunfires. Cranking there factory systems so loud that you can hear the high pitched squeal of eminem from deerfoot.
Not to mention the abundance of alcohol and drug consumption by these underaged drivers :(

\JCAR/
02-18-2005, 02:05 PM
yea this is true, street racing is way to wreckless for me. Plus I can't afford to lose my liscence, But I've been guilty of doing a couple street drags though.

marq-jt
02-18-2005, 02:08 PM
hmmm now i feel like taking my moms mini van and check out the saturday nights...see and who actually go and maybe ake some pics and post it on here....

i think it would be interesting....
and see what pic i can get...

habsfan
02-18-2005, 02:08 PM
:werd: all car enthusiasts enjoy a good rip from time to time, or a spirited sprint. the "fags" are the kids who gather on some back road with their rusted shit boxes and think they are vin diesel.

marek
02-18-2005, 02:10 PM
There's no difference between "organized" street racing and red light racing. Both instances you are agreeing to do something illegal. So how can some of you defend racing from a light and then say racing with a crowd of people around you as wrong? Doesn't make sense to me.

Just my 2cents.

:banghead::dunno:

GT2NV
02-18-2005, 02:16 PM
i have a soft spot for weaving mountain roads = :burnout: :)

QuasarCav
02-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by marek
There's no difference between "organized" street racing and red light racing. Both instances you are agreeing to do something illegal. So how can some of you defend racing from a light and then say racing with a crowd of people around you as wrong? Doesn't make sense to me.

Just my 2cents.

:banghead::dunno:

Light to light = Most of the time it's under 100K and is pretty much a 1st to 2nd gear run. Alot less obvious and more socially acceptable.

Sat night Races (AKA ShitRaces) = Going down an unlit industrial area in your moms neon at speeds of over 100KPH while being intoxicated and listening to Good Charlotte on your stock deck. the cops know that happens and it's only a matter of time before they lose their licenses and possibly kill someone.

They are both illegal but IMO light to light is the lesser of two evils.

marek
02-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure what shitraces you've been out to but that has never been my experience. True that a few times there are those kids with their parents cars other times some really nice muscle. I guess it's the time you come out. Keep in mind those kids do have a curfew, :D

talonboi
02-18-2005, 02:32 PM
i must admit, i street race, light to light, and also i goto the BS saturday nights, but i dont race there...whuts the point in racing on a fake 1/4mile...i onl go with my friends for a nice cruise, we dont race...

also, a race is a race, whether its organized or light to light...u can still cause an accident:werd:

QuasarCav
02-18-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure what shitraces you've been out to but that has never been my experience. True that a few times there are those kids with their parents cars other times some really nice muscle. I guess it's the time you come out. Keep in mind those kids do have a curfew, :D

I went there about 7 years ago. There was a 900hp mustang ripping up the street and that was pretty cool to watch.

I used to have to drive my GF home in Lynwood right beside the truck stop. Every saturday the parking lot by the timmys was full of J-bods, civics with fart cans and a smattering of minivans and ford tauruses. It got so bad that they posted security guards at the entrances that asked you what you were doing there. They have had a few incidents in the past that really gave the whole crowd a bad name. It's no longer the romantic "two cars and the road" It's now "two kids and the crack".

90Tegra
02-18-2005, 02:37 PM
^^^^ oh shit. u could get a ticket for clear corners on your car?

talonboi
02-18-2005, 02:40 PM
stupid kids, when i went to road king with my uncle to show him the races (from winnipeg) everyone juss arrived at roadking, and 2 girls (15-16yrs) started a scrap, then the cops came...it was funny

3g4me
02-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I like light to light, or light to speed limit. Wanna race go to race city. I love watching people fucking their cars up at timmys on sats, good show.

GTS Jeff
02-18-2005, 02:49 PM

Just my 2cents.

:banghead::dunno: you honestly cannot distinguish any difference between the two? :nut:

marq-jt
02-18-2005, 02:49 PM
it sure is.. i wanna role by in my nice car and if someone aske me to race i'll be sure head the opposite way and head back on home... lol.....hmmm actually nahh i dont think i wanna bring my car there it too purtty for those fcuk tards to see...lol

'02SiR
02-18-2005, 02:54 PM
i dont street race. cause ill lose, my car is slow. but yes i do love mountain twistys!! :)

sexualbanana
02-18-2005, 02:59 PM

Light to light = Most of the time it's under 100K and is pretty much a 1st to 2nd gear run. Alot less obvious and more socially acceptable.

Um, that could be one of the stupidest things I've heard in awhile. Neither are socially acceptable in my opinion. Street racing is dumb. Plain and simple.

The only place where racing is socially acceptable is the track.

abyss
02-18-2005, 03:01 PM
I don't race at lights cause I drive an automatic, gold, maxima....everyone thinks it's my dad's car anyway. :nut:

Gspotracer
02-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by GT2NV
i have a soft spot for weaving mountain roads = :burnout: :)

:werd: Love driving through BC:thumbsup:

qmf
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
90% of people who have put performance work into there cars will probably "race" another car at one point or another.
UNLESS, you are just one of those dumbshits with shiny 14" rims and a 4.5"exhaust, and say its all show.....
Either way, to each there own :whocares:

\JCAR/
02-18-2005, 03:10 PM
yea i've taken the odd spin like 2 months ago, some wigger in a 95 civic hatch back wanted to race my 91 Z24 well I handed his ass to him but i hav'nt raced since i'm waiting for race city to open up. I hav'nt been there yet.

Dohcstar
02-18-2005, 03:12 PM
My car isnt fast and even if it was there would be no street drags because racing tickets are pretty harsh these days!!

If im rippen on the highway though i don't feel guilty for baggin the shit out of my car and if anyone has a problem with this get out of my way and into the right lane where u belong!!!

It's more dangerous to drive in the left lane and slow down traffic than it is to speed,
LEFT LANE = PASSING LANE :guns:

gorillam
02-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Wow this is the feedback I was looking for.

Grew up in bc now live here in calgary the past two years, and I must say the roads here suck ass.

Gotta love the bc mountain roads... Logging roads for rallying and the small town lack of traffic...

But I didnt mention I do not agree with the 16yrold mini van organized racing at all. Why organize races, I only believe in if someone revs it beside it, the road's clear, sure i'll show him who's boss.

Just like the turbo grand am on 16th west, just outside of calgary limits thought he could take dads viper hahahahaha!

vietdood
02-18-2005, 03:34 PM
the "fags" are the ones that cut you off and shit because you won't race them in their rust bucket.

Speed_69
02-18-2005, 03:41 PM
i only do it with my friends when we go places together. it's not like we organize it, it just happens that we both are the 1st cars in each lane sometimes so we just go at it from stoplight to stoplight. it's still wrong but w/e. other then that, i never race or anything with my stock POS

djstefan
02-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Strretraced for 5 years around the Wash. DC area including NY. Organized and unorganized.

Then moved here and switched to bikes and noone wants to anymore. :(

Maxt
02-18-2005, 06:56 PM
*cough*, never street raced ever..*cough*.....

Light to light = Most of the time it's under 100K and is pretty much a 1st to 2nd gear run. Alot less obvious and more socially acceptable

Maybe in your car.....:)......maxt

Lo)2enz0
02-19-2005, 02:11 AM
I am against organized racing, but late at night when its clear of traffic its fun. But the organized illegal street races are plan stupid, they meet up get drunk or what ever, just plan stupid and I have heard stories back in high school of people flipping cars, getting in accidents due to extreme retarded driving.

drifting on the other hand...before we never had a place to go and a few of my friends would find a spot where there was never any traffic and we would have a bit of fun. Now we have a location that is offering us a safe envirnoment where we can do what we love. I think as you age things start to become more clear and you just get bored of "racing" around the city. To me the best thing that ever happened to my driving was buying my golf, crap the thing is slow as hell and when you have your foot all the way down it just eats your gas away. so for the past 6 months it has taught me to drive safe and stick to the speedlimit. but seriously it gets really boring driving like an idiot.

laurier

Go4Long
02-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Maxt

Maybe in your car.....:)......maxt

what max, hard to be discreet when shooting fireballs? my car shoots some pretty decent sized flames on shifts sometimes...

I admit to having participated in both kinds of street racing at one point or another, although the "organized" timmies crowd was back in my days with the spec V...driving from place to place waiting for the cops to bust you kinda wears thin after a while...

marek
02-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
you honestly cannot distinguish any difference between the two? :nut:

Illegal activity is an illegal activity, how can one form of racing on public streets be more accepted then another form of racing on public streets. In both instances you can do serious damage.

Toms-SC
02-19-2005, 12:27 PM

Illegal activity is an illegal activity, how can one form of racing on public streets be more accepted then another form of racing on public streets. In both instances you can do serious damage.

Theres different levels of illegal activity. Take a look at the different colours of traffic tickets. :rolleyes: Duuuu'h

marek
02-19-2005, 12:35 PM
It's still illegal.:thumbsup:

Is there a difference in stunting at a red light and stunting at the shit shows? I dunno, you guys tell me.

youngbex
02-19-2005, 12:49 PM
from my prospective on this forum

A. the organized street races suck, so who goes anyway:rolleyes:
B. if someone pulls up to me in a nice car at the stop light i will give it a go if the traffic is light, and at night.

gorillam
02-19-2005, 03:13 PM
It's still illegal.:thumbsup:

Is there a difference in stunting at a red light and stunting at the shit shows? I dunno, you guys tell me.

Marek you are correct, the ticket is pretty much identical for organized racing and going light to light.

This is the thing I wanted to bring up, see what people think.

There are always other things they can tack on for oragnized racing like blocking roads, drinking and driving etc..

BumpinTalon
02-19-2005, 07:01 PM
the street races are a joke. its a bunch of fags in shitty cars that all drive like their are compensating for their tiny penises. occasionally some nice cars show up.. but they just stop by tim's, set there for awhile, and then leave. one night a blue NSX with some nice rims, a sweet S14, and a very nice Prelude all rolled into together, but the regular crowd is a bunch of idiots.

talonboi
02-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
the street races are a joke. its a bunch of fags in shitty cars that all drive like their are compensating for their tiny penises. occasionally some nice cars show up.. but they just stop by tim's, set there for awhile, and then leave. one night a blue NSX with some nice rims, a sweet S14, and a very nice Prelude all rolled into together, but the regular crowd is a bunch of idiots.
im pretty sure i was there that nite, that was auto dream..juss checking the place out, then we went to 17th ave hehe

GT2NV
02-19-2005, 08:12 PM
its not even worth being in that area, i brought my car down once just to "show it off" made it into the tims parking lot, bottomed out on the way out and got a couple tickets for clear corners, tint and muffler...:thumbsdow

JordanEG6
02-19-2005, 08:23 PM
the street races are a joke. its a bunch of fags in shitty cars that all drive like their are compensating for their tiny penises.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go4Long
02-19-2005, 09:36 PM
bottomed out on the way out and got a couple tickets for clear corners, tint and muffler...:thumbsdow

funny that you think this is somehow the fault of the street races...if your car:
1. wasn't to low
2. didn't have clear corners
3. wasn't illegally tinted
4. didn't have an obnoxiousely ricey exhaust
you wouldn't have gotten any tickets

GT2NV
02-20-2005, 03:01 AM
lol plz buddy my cars far from rice

RickDaTuner
02-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Hahaha dem street races is money Y'o all it takes is a 10 second car and some big mussle buddies to clean that scene up and make it tollerable again. although i dont think i have ever street raced in my life, it would in a way be interesting to have an organized underground scene, or a midnight club at a sanctioned drag strip.

but well Street racing is indeed not a very prudent thing to do, i suppose when you are young and think you are in controll of the world, its easy to forget about all the moms and dads, brothers, sisters, neices, nephews and basically all those people we care about, share the same roads with us.

I think it would be nice to have a year round track fro drag and auto cros

Go4Long
02-20-2005, 10:29 AM
lol plz buddy my cars far from rice

never said that your car was ricey...just said that it had tint, exhaust(which chances are if you were issued a ticket for it sounded ricey, as I have dual 3" tips and have never gotten a ticket) and clear corners.

ZorroAMG
02-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Seriously, why doesn't one of us to to the BS races with a digital cam, take pics f every car involved in the streetraces and send the pics with stories to the cops?

:rofl: We'd get chased in minivans and it would be AWESOME!!!!11!

civic_rida
02-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Dude it depends on the cop in my civic i got pulled over right infront of my house for having exhaust. It had a 5zigen axel back muffler .

oddjob
02-20-2005, 12:25 PM
the street races are a joke. its a bunch of fags in shitty cars that all drive like their are compensating for their tiny penises.

:rofl: :werd: fuckin fags.

talonboi
02-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Seriously, why doesn't one of us to to the BS races with a digital cam, take pics f every car involved in the streetraces and send the pics with stories to the cops?

:rofl: We'd get chased in minivans and it would be AWESOME!!!!11!

i'll goto the street races this summer, make a funny vid of it, then post it here:thumbsup:

Go4Long
02-20-2005, 09:00 PM
it has happened before...and cops have gone "under cover" and made recordings of plate numbers and vehicles and that whole thing. most charges were dropped, or easily fought. a digital camera would do you no good as it doesn't show a race taking place...it just shows two cars. Even a video you can't tell how fast the cars are going for sure so it might be hard to do anything...

either way the races are a joke, when I used to go out you were lucky if you got 10 races off before the cops showed.

there are some decently fast cars that go out to that crowd...but honestly most of the big boys hang out down town...basically if you have a 13 second car you are among the fastest of the timmies crowd, and among the slowest of the down town boys...

gromet
02-21-2005, 10:31 AM
well i have to admit i do the light to light drag with a friend. but if i race the ghetto drags i just go to pick up chicks then go home. but i will bring it out if i need some cash. the most money ive raced for is a $500 per ride drag 3 kids with mommys civic for the night.:)( this was at a 1mile drag trak in florida compleatly legal)

talonboi
02-21-2005, 01:33 PM
^^^ ok paul walker :rofl: :rofl:

vietdood
02-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by talonboi
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oddjob
02-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by talonboi

:confused:

asp integra
02-21-2005, 04:33 PM
like the words fromt eh movie blue streak " sometimes u have to feed some speed to your ride!"
everyone has raced before, or just booted it down a back road, its also fun to go through old banff coach road where its really windy! thats probably one of the best roads in calgary to have fun on

frostyda9
02-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Organized street racing is stupid, and it gives the rest of us a bad name by association. That said, whenever I have an onramp or clear stretch of road with good visibility, I'll be going as hard as I can. I'll also do a light-to-light once in a while, but only if the conditions are right. As with anything, you just have to use your head and exercise some discretion.

asp integra
02-22-2005, 10:18 PM
^ 100 % agreed

gromet
02-25-2005, 04:17 PM
I gueesed i deserved the "paul walker":D but i made a grand that night so i was happy
:thumbsup:

DonJuan
02-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
its also fun to go through old banff coach road where its really windy! thats probably one of the best roads in calgary to have fun on
Great... Now I have to watch for an Integra and the cops that monitor this form!

BumpinTalon
02-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
there are some decently fast cars that go out to that crowd...but honestly most of the big boys hang out down town...basically if you have a 13 second car you are among the fastest of the timmies crowd, and among the slowest of the down town boys...

it's true, those guys that meet in the lots downtown have some baaad ass cars. last time I saw them they were was a bright green old Plymouth with a gigantic cowl hood... with the hood sitting on the roof and his completely chromed big block gleaming under the lights.

funny that you think this is somehow the fault of the street races...if your car:
1. wasn't to low
2. didn't have clear corners
3. wasn't illegally tinted
4. didn't have an obnoxiousely ricey exhaust
you wouldn't have gotten any tickets

funny how I can get ticketed for having legal headlight bulbs just because I am in the general area of that tim's. I have Sylvania Silverstar headlights, but even though I had the legality slip thing in my hand I still got the ticket and a few others I've talked to got them too, plus other tickets for being too low and so on. they were all thrown out, but hey. maybe being there did have something to do with the lack of leiniency (sp) on the cop's part.

asp integra
02-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

Great... Now I have to watch for an Integra and the cops that monitor this form!

hahaha, i never speed on that road, its just fun cause it has alot of turns

DonJuan
02-27-2005, 12:19 AM
I've been there only a couple times late at night, my buddies have shit themselves a few times riding with me....
quote: "THAT DITCH IS GETTING CLOSSER!!!!" and "WERE RUNNING OUT OF ROAD!!!!" are my favorites.:D

Toma
02-27-2005, 12:22 AM
wow..... three 15 second cars!!! Drop your drawers!

Toma
02-27-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
Hahaha dem street races is money Y'o all it takes is a 10 second car and some big mussle buddies to clean that scene up and make it tollerable again......

LOL.... come on, we routinely show up there with a couple 10 second cars, a nine second car and an eight second car ;)

We just don't race around the 15 second pedal bikes :poosie:

Toma
02-27-2005, 12:32 AM
And finally.... I think "real" organized street racing is WAY better and WAY safer then the morons that dice it up on public roads, on off ramps etc or race light to light on streets with other cars on them or with pedestrians on the sidewalks....

At least at the "real" street races, you are on roads where no one else is.

ALL the fatality's of bystanders I have read about in the US were of the light to light street racing.... not the kind that happens late at night on a deserted road.

GT2NV
02-27-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Toma

LOL.... come on, we routinely show up there with a couple 10 second cars, a nine second car and an eight second car ;)

We just don't race around the 15 second pedal bikes :poosie:
lol okay dominic torreto, you should meet up with paul walker in the posts above, and race for $$:nut:

Maxt
02-27-2005, 09:15 AM
hmm 10 seconds at a time...

frostyda9
02-27-2005, 09:33 AM
And finally.... I think "real" organized street racing is WAY better and WAY safer then the morons that dice it up on public roads, on off ramps etc

There is a difference between driving hard when it's safe to do so on a public road, and weaving in and out of traffic like a moron.
The fatalities you hear about are usually not quick light to light races, they are longer, higher speed races for the most part.
As for the onramp thing, :bullshit: show me a case where a bystander was injured on an onramp with no traffic and clear visibility. Also, to keep things in perspective, how many bystanders are injured or killed by cars going less than 50km/h? The vast majority of pedestrian incidents.

Toma
02-27-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by frostyda9

There is a difference between driving hard when it's safe to do so on a public road, and weaving in and out of traffic like a moron.
The fatalities you hear about are usually not quick light to light races, they are longer, higher speed races for the most part.
As for the onramp thing, :bullshit: show me a case where a bystander was injured on an onramp with no traffic and clear visibility. Also, to keep things in perspective, how many bystanders are injured or killed by cars going less than 50km/h? The vast majority of pedestrian incidents.
First of all.... "quick light to light races" in anything but 16 second Hondas can reach speeds of 150+ km/hr.

I know several cases in CALGARY alone that have killed people while losing control on offramps/onramps (one was a good friend - and idiot - about 15 years ago) - he lost control on the onramp and slid over the guardrail onto the street below.

And who races only to 50km/hr? What are you 16 driving? mommy's Honda? Man, even the Honda races I see ON THE STREET are usually doubling the speed limits light to light, on Macleod, down crowchild, hell, even 17th.

Like I said, organized street races are much safer, late at night on deserted roads.

Toma
02-27-2005, 10:06 AM

It's NEVER safe driving hard on public roads. YOu can never account for all the possible variables. If you are gonna drive like an idiot, join the idiots at Tim Horton donuts, and natural selection will take its course among willing participants, not innocent bystanders on "public" streets ;)

Toma
02-27-2005, 10:13 AM

lol okay dominic torreto, you should meet up with paul walker in the posts above, and race for $$:nut:

muahahhahaha you wanna race for money? You can start with one of the 10 second cars, and work your way up :rofl:.... no, wait, you can start with the 12 second cars like the SS....

Anywhere anytime.... it can be just me and you in foothills industrial, or at the track, or whatever. We often meet up on some deserted roads on a lovely Sunday afternoon ;)

And you better bring something faster then your 16 second 94 GT.... maybe borrow your daddy's car :poosie:

Hahahhahahaaa....ok ok, wait, I wont even bring the fast car... you can start with my Dodge Omni :rofl:

:poosie:

Maxt
02-27-2005, 10:36 AM
I am sure the Merkur would prove quite adequate for most contenders at Timmies, Toma....

frostyda9
02-27-2005, 10:59 AM

And who races only to 50km/hr? What are you 16 driving? mommy's Honda? Man, even the Honda races I see ON THE STREET are usually doubling the speed limits light to light, on Macleod, down crowchild, hell, even 17th.

If you would have took time to comprehend what I was saying, you would realize that the point was people that don't pay attention while driving at low speeds are more of a threat that people who pay full attention at higher speeds. I didn't say anything about racing at 50 km/h.

In this whole thread you have been nothing but a hypocrite, preaching from your moral high horse about the evils of irresponsible driving on the street, while openly admitting doing just that yourself. I don't care if the streets you go to are deserted....a public street is a public street.

Also, if you make attacks on me when you don't know me and don't know anything about me, it makes YOU look like the one who's 16 :)

Toma
02-27-2005, 12:39 PM

If you would have took time to comprehend what I was saying, you would realize that the point was people that don't pay attention while driving at low speeds are more of a threat that people who pay full attention at higher speeds. I didn't say anything about racing at 50 km/h.

Your elitist "Im a better driver then most people" attitude is what kills people. When you grow up, you wil realize that everyone THINKS they can drive, very few actually can.

Keep your shitbox under the speed limit in the city, and we will all be safer :poosie:

And if you cannot recognize the difference between a deserted road late at night with only 1 way in or out and the "public streets".... well whatever

euro_racer
02-27-2005, 01:21 PM
ive been to the tim hortons races a couple times. occasionally some nice cars show up but the usual crowd is a bunch of redneks in beat up trucks automatic sedans (doing neutral drops LMAO) or slow everyday stock cars. when i go there i go only to check out the cars and meet some people i know, but i do find it funny when some people come up to me and say "u wanna have a run", haha only to get rejected (happens every time).

light to light races i do try to do it as litle as possible, mainly because i keep thinging that there is a cop around the corner.

IMO i like to push my car every now and then BUT only when im 100% sure it is safe to do so

Euro_Trash
02-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Where do people meet downtown?

asp integra
02-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
ive been to the tim hortons races a couple times. occasionally some nice cars show up but the usual crowd is a bunch of redneks in beat up trucks automatic sedans (doing neutral drops LMAO) or slow everyday stock cars. when i go there i go only to check out the cars and meet some people i know, but i do find it funny when some people come up to me and say "u wanna have a run", haha only to get rejected (happens every time).

light to light races i do try to do it as litle as possible, mainly because i keep thinging that there is a cop around the corner.

IMO i like to push my car every now and then BUT only when im 100% sure it is safe to do so

hahahahhahaha neutral drops are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :clap: :clap:

talonboi
02-27-2005, 03:21 PM
well i went to timmies last nite, and took some footage, pretty stupid, sume black civic with a zc motor blew is tranny haha... i dont know if i should post the vid, i dont want people vandalizing my car:D

frostyda9
02-27-2005, 04:00 PM

Your elitist "Im a better driver then most people" attitude is what kills people. When you grow up, you wil realize that everyone THINKS they can drive, very few actually can.

Keep your shitbox under the speed limit in the city, and we will all be safer :poosie:

And if you cannot recognize the difference between a deserted road late at night with only 1 way in or out and the "public streets".... well whatever

Well, seeing as I have been driving 11 years without an accident, I don't feel elitist saying I am doing a better job driving than most people in this city.

And if you want to trash "shitboxes" and by that I assume you mean Hondas and imports in general (as most meat headed domestic owners do), you should probably find another forum to do it in.

:rofl:

Toma
02-27-2005, 04:31 PM

Toma
02-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh, and for the record.... if it runs 14's or slower... its a shitbox no matter the make :poosie:

Go4Long
02-27-2005, 04:34 PM
perhaps you should check toma's website, or maybe ask someone that knows a LITTLE about the calgary muscle car scene before you decide that insulting his candor about street racing is really the best course of action. He's probably one of the few people from the "muscle" crowd that even bothers with being on this board, there isn't a single honda in calgary that will come close to touching 90% of the cars downtown.
I think maxt's car would probably end up being one of the only 2wd imports in calgary that would be close. even better, still, why don't you search around for the video of the mustang anihalating the nitrous hyabusa, and ask toma about that car, because if I understand it correctly, he's part of that group.

Audio_Rookie
02-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Oh, and for the record.... if it runs 14's or slower... its a shitbox no matter the make :poosie:

agreed, to brag about that is just sad....wich is why I have not bragged yet, only at 14.05 so far....with the daytona....
pathetic compared to when I get to drive my fathers 64 rambler and I can pull off a 10.4 .....cant wait till my 400 small block is done and put into the lemans, hopefully in high 12's...

DonJuan
02-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, because going fast in a straight ine is all that matters...:D ... Right....

Toma
02-27-2005, 05:44 PM
bah.... I just like to stir shit up :nut:

Aleks
02-27-2005, 06:47 PM

Yeah, because going fast in a straight ine is all that matters...:D ... Right....

I have yet to be challenged to a race in the twisties in Calgary. :dunno: 99% of races are in a straight line (street)

Toms-SC
02-27-2005, 07:27 PM
How many people do you see racing around corners and shit on the street? I've seen 0.

Canaduh
02-27-2005, 07:28 PM
actually on the highway I've seen lots:drama:

frostyda9
02-27-2005, 07:36 PM
perhaps you should check toma's website, or maybe ask someone that knows a LITTLE about the calgary muscle car scene before you decide that insulting his candor about street racing is really the best course of action. He's probably one of the few people from the "muscle" crowd that even bothers with being on this board, there isn't a single honda in calgary that will come close to touching 90% of the cars downtown.
I think maxt's car would probably end up being one of the only 2wd imports in calgary that would be close. even better, still, why don't you search around for the video of the mustang anihalating the nitrous hyabusa, and ask toma about that car, because if I understand it correctly, he's part of that group.

I respect Toma and I pay homage to the Mustang, but that doesn't mean I will agree with everything that is said based on that alone. Questioning someones views is not insulting them.

:)

MidnightDreamer
02-27-2005, 11:43 PM
Don't even have a car worth dragging... but I do it anyways... Proally a good thing I'm only riding on a 135 ponies...
But either way I agree with most people, street racing isn't the smartest thing in the world to be doing... especially on public city roads... If I do race I try to be as smart about it as I can... Nite time only, on roads with little traffic and away from homes and with good visibility to the sides... ie, There's certain stretches along Crowfoot that seem fairly suitable... I'm sure most others here follow similar guidelines... But then you have jackheads who are dragging along 68th st. at night waking all the peeps in Monetery and Coral Springs... That's just retarded... people are always walking around that area late at night too... Stupid place to race... Places like deerfoot, and Country hills blvd. are iffy to me... I am ded scared of cops on deerfoot... Either way, it's just a fact of life that people are gonna do it... So far it's been a while since I've read an article in the paper about street racing... so it's pretty obvious that most people in this city, and on this forum, are pretty level headed. IMO, as long as you're not taking huge unnecesary risks, and putting others in danger... then so be it... It's still an illegal activity tho, I won't ever complain if I get caught... :werd: Old Banff Coach is proally the crazziest drive's I've ever taken... not the smartest one tho... And yes, B.C. has some of the funnest roads to drive around on.

A790
02-28-2005, 02:45 AM
The shit show races at timmys are a fucking joke.

I have absolutely no respect for the "regulars" that frequent there with their high horse, we're so goddamn great, attitude.

I go there in a NA 1992 Eagle Talon and people start asking me if I want a run, and I literally went because I wanted a coffee and was in the area.

yea... lets race a 2.0L 4 banger econobox, that's only running 135HP, with a beat in fender. Congratulations, you must be proud.

DonJuan
02-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

I have yet to be challenged to a race in the twisties in Calgary. :dunno: 99% of races are in a straight line (street)
ok you boys have been watching waaay too much initial D or sumthin. Who in their right mind would road race somone else, on PUBLIC streets? Not only would you have to watch out for oncoming traffic, how your car is behaving and the cops; but now you have to worry about wht the other guy is doing too? That is just downright retarded. What I was talking about was just finding a deserted stretch of twisty road and having fun. ie: (1 car at a time). Illegal street drags like the ones at Timmies, are done in completely deserted areas, so the only (real) danger is to the competitors. What should be cracked down and policed with a heavy hand are the asses that go racing on Deerfoot weaving in and out of traffic, thinking they are Mario Andretti. For them I have no sympathy, and as a result, we are all labelled as one of them in the eyes of the police.:guns:

gromet
02-28-2005, 10:35 AM
ok Toma well next time i come up to canada ill get my 300z and leave u in the f-n dust :burnout: well how much their huh im "paul walker" bisnach :rofl: .

gorillam
02-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by gromet
I gueesed i deserved the "paul walker":D but i made a grand that night so i was happy

how is racing for $500 bucks making a grand?

BumpinTalon
02-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by gromet
ok Toma well next time i come up to canada ill get my 300z and leave u in the f-n dust :burnout: well how much their huh im "paul walker" bisnach :rofl: .

Toma's car is faster then yours.

A790
02-28-2005, 11:31 AM

ok you boys have been watching waaay too much initial D or sumthin. Who in their right mind would road race somone else, on PUBLIC streets? Not only would you have to watch out for oncoming traffic, how your car is behaving and the cops; but now you have to worry about wht the other guy is doing too? That is just downright retarded. What I was talking about was just finding a deserted stretch of twisty road and having fun. ie: (1 car at a time). Illegal street drags like the ones at Timmies, are done in completely deserted areas, so the only (real) danger is to the competitors. What should be cracked down and policed with a heavy hand are the asses that go racing on Deerfoot weaving in and out of traffic, thinking they are Mario Andretti. For them I have no sympathy, and as a result, we are all labelled as one of them in the eyes of the police.:guns:

MY buddy wrote off his truck, a power pole and about 50M worth of some guys fence. At least no one was hurt, but there was substantial property damage.

Then again, not like they put anyone else at risk right? :rolleyes:

DonJuan
02-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by A790

MY buddy wrote off his truck, a power pole and about 50M worth of some guys fence. At least no one was hurt, but there was substantial property damage.
Then again, not like they put anyone else at risk right? :rolleyes:
1. Your retarded buddy shouldn't have been doing anything in a truck, which is why shit happens to stupid people.
2. As long as the driver knows what the risks are and isn't endangering anyone else, it's OK with me. It's when you have these drivers doing this on busy streets and highways where there are families who arn't prepared to take the same risks and whose well being depends on your driving skills and judgement (or lack there of in your buddies case) is when it is a problem.
Glad no one was hurt, but hopefully it knocked some sense into him.