PDA

View Full Version : UofC Parking Tickets vs Impark

Rehan
02-18-2005, 03:06 PM
I never pay Impark tickets. They can't ruin your credit, and the worse they can do is tow you. And if you re-register your plate, it "resets" your car (but it still doesn't make the old tickets go away).

Is UofC the same? I don't have my car registered in anyway with UofC. I have a bunch of tickets, and they sent a notice to my house the other day. It was to my dad since the car is under his name.

Anyone know if you even have to pay UofC tickets, or if they can ruin your credit? And can't you just get a new plate? They can't technically withhold my right to graduate since the car isn't under my name ...?

Jerms
02-18-2005, 03:10 PM
i'm pretty sure you have to pay your UC parking tickets.

i think once you graduate, and they see you have outstanding tickets, can't they withheld your graduation from you until you pay the fee amount??

i'm not too sure, but i would pay

kiwi
02-18-2005, 03:28 PM
:rolleyes:

Rehan
02-18-2005, 03:30 PM
But what if the car isn't registered under my name?

If "Joe Schmo" has unpaid tickets - they can't not let "Jim Schmo" graduate ...

Seanith
02-18-2005, 03:30 PM
I think they CAN withhold your right to graduate until unpaid tickets are taken care of. I don't know if its just a rumor though.. I would just suggest stop being a cheap ass and pay that shit off. Plus its only common sense for them to figure out that your dad has a son thats going to the university and is getting parking tickets.. :rolleyes:

2002civic
02-18-2005, 03:41 PM
yup plus they can tow the car on the spot with unpaid fines

Orbie
02-18-2005, 04:02 PM
what are you going to do keep changing your license plate everytime you get a ticket? I'm sure in the end that's more of a hassle then just owning up and paying the damn ticket. Besides the one time you don't and you have an outstanding ticket, you're getting towed, then you're going to wish you paid the measly ticket in the first place. How much could it be $50? if you are responsible enough to drive a car, you should be responsible enough to take care of anything that occurs while you drive it.

joegrang
02-18-2005, 04:18 PM
what if you have graduated already?... Also I wonder what would happen if your car is the lowered and requires flatbedding? Isn't it more of a hassle?.... just curious I never go there anymore

bspot
02-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic
yup plus they can tow the car on the spot with unpaid fines

Thats illegal.

I have something like 7 U of C tickets. They give up mailing after a while...

2002civic
02-18-2005, 04:51 PM
how is that illegal? If you are parked illegally they can tow your car ont he spot is what i ment,a nd arnt the tickets like 10 bux if you pay them with in a week anyway?

Weapon_R
02-18-2005, 04:54 PM
It's not illegal. You are on private property, and unauthorized to do so.

As for the tickets: If they find out that the tickets are associated with you, they will withhold registration, marks, and graduation.

If they find your car on the lot, they tow it, and you are forced to pay the whole thing because they will ID you to get your ID #.

If you change your plates fast enough, you'll be fine.

Jerms
02-18-2005, 05:20 PM
meh, anyways the tickets are fairly cheap if you pay them right away, $10, and also for the first violation didn't u just get a warning?

and where are you parking at the U? are you in the lots or parking meters or u just don't pay between the fee times??

604-Mico
02-19-2005, 06:49 AM
my advice to you is to pay up your fines
you choose to take a risk to not pay, its something you have to take responsibility to

Honestly....if you are too stingy to pay to park (or pay for parking tickets which you are at fault), you might as well take advantage of your UPASS

And yes, they have the right to withhold you from convacating

Besides, is a few parking tickets worth an embarassment during convacation day when you are denied in the ceremonies because of a few lousy tickets?

biggie_82
02-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Pay off the tickets, UofC will probably do something to screw you over in the end.

No offense, but is it that hard to pay for parking in the first place??:confused:

Team_Mclaren
02-19-2005, 01:41 PM
anyone know where you pay tickets for UofC parking? I think my ticket is due in like 2 days/..

Seanith
02-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
anyone know where you pay tickets for UofC parking? I think my ticket is due in like 2 days/..
Go to the parking services office near mcmahon stadium vince :thumbsup:

RedBull
02-19-2005, 03:12 PM
You can pay off parking tickets at the Campus Ticket Center in Mac Hall

Team_Mclaren
02-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

Go to the parking services office near mcmahon stadium vince :thumbsup:

thx :D

Originally posted by RedBull

what, you can???!!! why didnt you tell me eariler

BebeAphrodite
02-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by RedBull

Since when?

604-Mico
02-19-2005, 03:49 PM
since they had a campus ticket center back when it was in the bookstore?

girlRACER
02-23-2005, 02:51 PM
If they can't associate the car with you then don't pay them. If the car you're driving is not registered under a student of the University don't pay them. They do not pursue the matter any further. However, if you take advantage of that and park there excessively without paying and have many outstanding tickets then they will tow your car which I have seen them do a whole lot at art parkade last summer. But if you only have one or two tickets it is fine.

If the car is registered under your name then I would suggest you to pay off all your fines and keep your record clean. They will withhold convocation from you but even then that is not a big deal because they will let you know that you have outstanding fines near your convocation and all you have to do is pay them off.

I'm speaking from experience. With any vehicle which was not registered under my name I never paid any tickets ( 1 or 2) but kept my own record clean. When it came to convocation the only outstanding fine I had to pay was a $11 late charge for library fees.

Team_Mclaren
02-23-2005, 03:05 PM
say you dont pay your ticket, but continue parking there, and pay everytime, will they ever find out that the car has a record of outstanding fines?

bspot
02-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
It's not illegal. You are on private property, and unauthorized to do so.

The city of calgary has to issue a ticket first before it is legal to tow a vehicle. Also, when you are parked at the meters on the street on campus I'm not sure whether or not that is considered 'private' property, and I've never seen a car towed from the street, as they are not city of calgary meters you are in violation of.

604-Mico
02-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by bspot

The city of calgary has to issue a ticket first before it is legal to tow a vehicle. Also, when you are parked at the meters on the street on campus I'm not sure whether or not that is considered 'private' property, and I've never seen a car towed from the street, as they are not city of calgary meters you are in violation of.

I wouldnt test your luck
I've seen it happen numerous times

hampstor
02-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Isn't a UofC parking ticket like 20 bucks and if you pay it early they reduce it by 10? :dunno:

Maybe it's gone up since I graduated.

Seanith
02-25-2005, 12:12 PM
nope, thats still what it is. Doesn't make sense not to pay it.

speedracer
02-25-2005, 12:36 PM

And who says that doesn't happen? WeaponR has it right. As well, you are on private property.

What kind of logic is that? Becasue you've never seen something does not mean it does not happen.

If your a student at UofC and the car is regsitered in your name - Sucks to be you. If you wish to convocate you have to pay.

If your not asscociated with UofC and repeat they will eventually call Parking Patrol which will get your vehical towed (You can see this during a Stampeders game)

Be thankful it's not like MRC where Calgary Parking Patrol is asked to enforce the meters.

604-Mico
02-25-2005, 12:53 PM
they do enforce meters in UofC

those trolls in their dumbass white rav4's look for that little flashing red LED in the meters to see if time has expired

TrevorK
02-28-2005, 11:51 AM

Thats illegal.

I have something like 7 U of C tickets. They give up mailing after a while...

If you are illegally parking in their lot they are allowed to tow you.

They can't tow you if you're not in their lot, but if you are they can tow you.

bspot
02-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by speedracer

If your not asscociated with UofC and repeat they will eventually call Parking Patrol which will get your vehical towed (You can see this during a Stampeders game)

Not if you get new plates every time you register your car ;)

Regarding parking on private property, I thought Impark could not tow your vehicle without getting the city to tag your vehicle first. I know this isn't the same for U of C, but I have no idea why.l

Skyline_Addict
02-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
say you dont pay your ticket, but continue parking there, and pay everytime, will they ever find out that the car has a record of outstanding fines?

i believe that they do random spot checks. i.e the rav4 drives around campus parking lots/meters, punches in a few license plates into the checker, and if it finds anything, you get another ticket for outstanding fines. when in doubt, just park at art parkade and reverse park into a stall where there is a wall behind you. i doubt that they love their job enough to get out of their car, squeeze between urs and another person's car and try to sneak a peak inbetween the wall and the back of ur car. the just cruise around and taking down random plates that they can see from their car.

t-im
02-28-2005, 06:36 PM
yeah, i've seen them check my car maybe once this entire year. I also changed plates and haven't given them my new plates and they haven't said/done anything yet.

bspot
03-02-2005, 01:32 PM
From Redlyne_MR2, from ZorroAMG:

Even parking in an Impark lot after receiving a ticket is failry worry free. In the city of Calgary in order to tow a vehicle the impark office must call the city have a municiple officer come to verify the vehicle and ownership then tow the car..its a long process that impark rarely pursues...

eb0i
03-09-2005, 03:32 PM
when i was leaving the art parkade today it seems that the U of C parking authority were doing a crackdown on people who haven't paid their tickets. One guy was arguing about his unpaid tickets while they were setting up his SUV to be towed. Then on the way out of the parkade I noticed a fe guys walking around each car and looking up their license plate numbers. So be careful everyone!

Seanith
03-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
when i was leaving the art parkade today it seems that the U of C parking authority were doing a crackdown on people who haven't paid their tickets. One guy was arguing about his unpaid tickets while they were setting up his SUV to be towed. Then on the way out of the parkade I noticed a fe guys walking around each car and looking up their license plate numbers. So be careful everyone!

Yeah.. someone I know almost had her car towed at the mech building. We saw the towtruck and she had to jump in her car and move it..

BloodBaneZXY
03-10-2005, 02:46 AM
$10? I got a $30 in Lot 10, and I've never had any tickets before, nor did I get a warning...wtf?

t-im
03-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by BloodBaneZXY
$10? I got a $30 in Lot 10, and I've never had any tickets before, nor did I get a warning...wtf?

$30??!?!?!?

What was the ticket for?????

oh, and isnt it something like it's $10.00 if you pay it right away (without arguing it) I've never gotten a real UC ticket before so I dunno the entire process.

Skyline_Addict
03-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Seanith

Yeah.. someone I know almost had her car towed at the mech building. We saw the towtruck and she had to jump in her car and move it..

yeah, so a couple cars being towed today from art.
careful everyone!

Seanith
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by t-im

oh, and isnt it something like it's $10.00 if you pay it right away (without arguing it) I've never gotten a real UC ticket before so I dunno the entire process.

Yeah its $10 if you pay within 10 days or something, it doubles if your stupid :D

t-im
03-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I saw a car being towed from the back of Machall....haha

604-Mico
03-10-2005, 08:49 PM

Hm...well checking from the fine chart
http://www.ucalgary.ca/parking/index.html#citation

you did something deserving to be fined

BloodBaneZXY
03-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Ugh, I had a single entry to lot 10..but I had to leave and pick my dad up. I didn't want to pay again so I just went back in and figured it'd be cool..$30 later..

t-im
03-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Ugh, I had a single entry to lot 10..but I had to leave and pick my dad up. I didn't want to pay again so I just went back in and figured it'd be cool..$30 later..

Thats ridiculous to even try that....you should have just gotten a rentry pass in the morning..haha did you just drive by the booth with someone in it??..

eb0i
03-11-2005, 12:22 AM

all to save a few dollars :nut: