PDA

View Full Version : Who else gets picked on for what they drive?

GQNammer
02-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Okay, I really need to vent, sorry if I'm not using the right forum topic.

I'm not here to complain about the police officers in Calgary, but how many of you have been pulled over for absolutely nothing? And no, I'm not talking about exhaust size/noise violations. I'm talking like, out of the blue, get pulled over multiple times.

This has happened during the passed 2 months. I drive my car when roads permit since I still have insurance on it. Just to clarify, I drive a modded blue crx and on the passenger side rear 1/4 panel, there's a piece of metal sticking out due to someone rear ending me.

1. In December, an officer pulled me over because of the damage on my car. He claims that he didn't see the accident slip so that's the reason why he pulled me over.

2. 2 weeks ago, I was driving eastbound on glenmore near the deerfoot exits. I get pulled over because "My licence plate did not match the discription of my vehicle." My car used to be black, but I had it repainted blue, so I guess it was understandable.

3. (The one that just crossed the line). Just recently, I was leaving my home to go get something for my girlfriend at Chinook mall. Unmarked police vehicle followed me all the way from McKenzie down to chinook. And I'm talking about, following right on my ass. Before I arrived at chinook, he pulls beside me, looks at me, drives back behind me and pulls me over. His reason why he pulled me over was because I did not look like a "Phung Nguyen" which is my mom's name. My mom's name is under primary driver but I'm listed under 2ndary. He then tells me to pop my trunk. I had nothing to hide so I did. He then tells me, "I'm gonna let you off on a warning." I asked him, "which warning is that sir?" He replies, "for speeding"

God damn, do I just have bad luck? Are there others on here who feel like they're just being picked on?

KoukiS14
02-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Guilty by Association.. If you drive a Honda you are instantly stereotyped as a street racer/ thug. Thats the way i see it.

vietdood
02-18-2005, 08:17 PM
you should've brake checked the cop hahaha

3G
02-18-2005, 08:18 PM
I never had a problem with my Accord, I drove it and it had VERY bad damage to the back, i drove by cops and nothing happened. We'l see what happens when I get a Prelude

chris
02-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by vietdood
hahah, i was thinking the same thing

rmk
02-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by vietdood

LOL! my dad leases a gold focus station wagon and occasionally i run errands for him and i get no respect in that car. NONE! :nut:

xDiMSuMx
02-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by rmk

LOL! 1 and 2 are reasonable, but the third cop must have been having a slow day and decided to pull the power trip on you. :banghead:

:werd:
1 and 2 sound reasonable to me
weird that he checked ur trunk for "speeding" though

GQNammer
02-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx

1 and 2 sound reasonable to me
weird that he checked ur trunk for "speeding" though

Yes it was wierd. When he walked by to my car after checking my paperwork, the 1st thing he asked was, "can you plz pop your trunk."

civic_stylez
02-19-2005, 11:07 AM
the trunk deal is for nitrous... ive been pulled over just to verify that the car is mine and then the trunk pop as well..if you have any mods,the cops go looking for nitrous because they can nail you big time for that.i had a cop pull me over and ask me to tell him my licence plate number claiming he was doing a "random check of vehicles in the area" if someone ever steals my car i hope that a cop does a random check then!!!! i just try to be polite and call them sir and most of the time theyll let you go. ive been stopped 6 times and never got a ticket!

phat97yukon
02-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by GQNammer

Yes it was wierd. When he walked by to my car after checking my paperwork, the 1st thing he asked was, "can you plz pop your trunk."

Proboly popping the trunk was to check for the color of the paint inside tha jams if you still havnt gotten you regestration changed between colors... happend to me and dieselpower91 in regina a couple years ago in his nova, cuz it was brown ,we just painted the car blue, and 1 Vin number was screwed up on the insurance papers once we explained it all it was good... same thing also happend with another buddys truck one day, was red, painted it flat black and cops wanted to check all inside the door jams...

GTS Jeff
02-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Okay, I really need to vent, sorry if I'm not using the right forum topic.

I'm not here to complain about the police officers in Calgary, but how many of you have been pulled over for absolutely nothing? And no, I'm not talking about exhaust size/noise violations. I'm talking like, out of the blue, get pulled over multiple times.

This has happened during the passed 2 months. I drive my car when roads permit since I still have insurance on it. Just to clarify, I drive a modded blue crx and on the passenger side rear 1/4 panel, there's a piece of metal sticking out due to someone rear ending me.

1. In December, an officer pulled me over because of the damage on my car. He claims that he didn't see the accident slip so that's the reason why he pulled me over.

2. 2 weeks ago, I was driving eastbound on glenmore near the deerfoot exits. I get pulled over because "My licence plate did not match the discription of my vehicle." My car used to be black, but I had it repainted blue, so I guess it was understandable.

3. (The one that just crossed the line). Just recently, I was leaving my home to go get something for my girlfriend at Chinook mall. Unmarked police vehicle followed me all the way from McKenzie down to chinook. And I'm talking about, following right on my ass. Before I arrived at chinook, he pulls beside me, looks at me, drives back behind me and pulls me over. His reason why he pulled me over was because I did not look like a "Phung Nguyen" which is my mom's name. My mom's name is under primary driver but I'm listed under 2ndary. He then tells me to pop my trunk. I had nothing to hide so I did. He then tells me, "I'm gonna let you off on a warning." I asked him, "which warning is that sir?" He replies, "for speeding"

God damn, do I just have bad luck? Are there others on here who feel like they're just being picked on? 1. cop was doing his job.

2. u should have updated your registration and insurance.

3. yea thats weird. do u have byed bangs or something?

abyss
02-19-2005, 01:04 PM
I think everyone gets pulled over for no reason at least once in their life. My friend got pulled over on her birthday for a "random document check" They started interrogating her about why she lives in Calgary and was driving in Airdrie, and whether she was going to drive drunk around town. wtf.

DoubleLP
02-19-2005, 01:07 PM
I drive a modded '03 Toyota Matrix XRS and I have been pulled over a couple of times for no reason. Once the officer pulled me over because he wanted to ask me how I liked my car because he was thinking of buying on himself! Another time I had an officer pull me over because of my rear view monitor which is where the rear mirror was. He was saying that he saw a movie playing on it, which is impossible because all that it is hooked up to is the rear view camera....so I had to prove it too him by putting in a DVD into my Kenwood 915 In-dash DVD player and play it so as to prove that there is no video signal going to the rear view monitor.

Just goes with the territory of having a modded car that looks nice. Oh well.....just get used to it.

Supa Dexta
02-19-2005, 01:48 PM
I drive a 92 civic sedan nothing special (back side windows are tinted, and it's loud, due to the fast it has 2" pipe from the cat back to the tip, and it's running on 3cyl's and sounds like shit)... I got pulled over because the cop was behind me I went to turn into a parking lot, but you couldn't from that direction it was exit only, so I took off my signal and kept going straight (I was also easy on the throtle so it wasn't too loud)... Then found the next right I could make to cicle back around to the entrance.. He pulled me over as soon as I took the turn (Prob seems like I'm trying to get rid of him) He said he pulled me over because I didn't look like I knew where I was going.. Well no kidding, that Nova Scotia lisence plate might have sumtin to do with it dowtown calgary.. And now I have rearend damage and am totally fraked out when I see a cop.. Cause I'm sure their gonna ask me about it., but I've seen a few and no trouble yet, I've got it beat back into shape a little and my lights work, so all should be good(since it wasn't even an accident on the road)... I'm also car shopping these days, so hopefully he will understand that I'm new to town and looking for a local car, and getting everything switched over....

:)

Lo)2enz0
02-19-2005, 07:09 PM
i know what you mean, when you are driving a car that looks like it has work done to it you do get pulled over alot of the time. But you have to remember that these are high risk vehicles and they do check to see if you are the owner. as everyone knows modified cars get stollen all the time.

But hey ever since I started driving the golf I have only been pulled over once and it was my fault for what happened because I wasn't paying attention.

Laurier

gpomp
02-19-2005, 07:14 PM
i've never gotten pulled over in the civic, maybe cuz it's stock? :dunno:

RickDaTuner
02-19-2005, 07:32 PM
you know i though that i would would get over for my car constantly, but in the past four months of drving my STi the police have done nothing to me, other than catching me on radar on the highway, i have yet to be harrased by the Police
Knock on wood

izzoblitzo
02-19-2005, 07:44 PM
I get picked on.. I drive a cavalier.

oh wait... I get your question now.. hahaha:D

I drive a modified cavalier.. they know I cant go fast anyways. ;)

Weapon_R
02-19-2005, 07:54 PM
No one here gets picked on for what they drive.

You get picked on because of how you drive.

GQNammer
02-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
No one here gets picked on for what they drive.

You get picked on because of how you drive.

Um no

I drive safely. All instances I was doing speed limit. I signal when changing lanes. I don't cut people off........I can go on you know.

And to whoever asked if I dyed my bangs, NO. I have black hair. I wear jeans and a T-shirt. So you can cut the stereotype out.

talonboi
02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
yeah nam doesnt drive stupid, i know this for a fact, he was driving soo slow on glenmore one day haha, and no he doesnt look like a azn thug if anyones wondering

Kirbs17
02-20-2005, 02:56 PM

Um no

I drive safely. All instances I was doing speed limit. I signal when changing lanes. I don't cut people off........I can go on you know.

And to whoever asked if I dyed my bangs, NO. I have black hair. I wear jeans and a T-shirt. So you can cut the stereotype out.

Hey man, yea, dont worry some of the people on this website. It seems to attract people who bad mouth from behind a computer. Thats shitty about getting pulled over. I was pulled over the other night cause a cop saw a blue glow (my deck) and wanted to know what it was. He was nice about it, but it was a little ackward.

fcuk_it
02-20-2005, 04:33 PM
haha nam they just dont like ricer's in mckenzie... move to the cooler side of 130th to douglasdale... haha jj

Ben
02-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by KoukiS14
Guilty by Association.. If you drive a Honda you are instantly stereotyped as a street racer/ thug. Thats the way i see it.

You drive a Honda, case closed. Myself and other friends who drive hondas never get "victimized" near as much as some of you people who drive hondas claim to. Hell Even friends of mine who DRIVE Hondas admit that this is true.

Young person + Honda + Exhaust or any other mods = Heat Magnet.

Khyron
02-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Just curious if you have to open your trunk when asked. I don't think so, but not 100 positive.

Khyron

Supa Dexta
02-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Pretty sure anything locked/lockable needs a warrant... but for the most part if you say no, it only looks like your hiding something and you may have to put up with the hassle of waiting to get a warrant to check for nothing...

Khyron
02-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Pretty sure anything locked/lockable needs a warrant... but for the most part if you say no, it only looks like your hiding something and you may have to put up with the hassle of waiting to get a warrant to check for nothing...

Yah but they don't just get a warrant because they ask - there's got to be probable cause to get one. I think if there's a gun in the front seat, that's probable cause to search the trunk. Problem is I read a lot of US websites and get mixed up sometimes.

Khyron

Supa Dexta
02-20-2005, 11:35 PM
a reason to open it?

"ahh, we thought we heard a noise in there"....

"matched the description of a vehicle involved in a robery"

as in, it was a car.. or a truck.. or yeah, definitely a vehicle with 4 wheels....that matches your car right?

there's their reason's....

:rofl:

88CRX
02-21-2005, 12:17 AM
i was harassed in my crx for my "white" bulbs in a checkstop..... a frickin check stop, btw i was bone sober and they still were about to give me a ticket.

i also have been tailgated then pulled over :dunno:

Toms-SC
02-21-2005, 12:57 AM
A wise man once said

'Can I get a wah burger and an order of french cries to go please'

ntv1980
02-21-2005, 01:01 AM
I drove a stock prelude before and got lots of attention from them. Drove the accord and it's like they don't care about it any more. Moral of the story: drive a family-type car that is in the ECONOMY-TYPE class, then you'll have the least attraction to the cops.

GQNammer
02-21-2005, 01:10 AM
A few of you guys here seem to miss the point on why I was pulled over. Most of the time, when a cop pulls you over for rice reasons, they damn well let you know it.

IF you had read my statement, the pull overs were non-rice related. So plz cut the stereotype.

statick
02-21-2005, 08:08 AM
:werd: i kno wut ur saying about getting pulled over for no reason. a couple of years ago i was parked in a playground parking lot, cop comes up to me and tells me i can't be parked here past 11. so i leave, and as soon as i pull out, he turns on his lights and pulls me over, and says that it matched the description of stolen vehicle in that area.:rolleyes:

finerides
02-22-2005, 01:13 PM
:devil: there was a time when i worked for smed int and i was working o time i was driving home at about 2am and when i came to the 14th street turn off lane that i needed to be in i had my signal on for some time but was not let in i saw a spot and speed up two past 2 cars and changed lanes then a suburban forced his way in right behind me and was so close that you couldn't see the bottom of his truck and this went for about 1200 m and i got sick of him being so close so i speed up and changed lanes infront of another car then he forced his way in again then i put the peddel to the floor i hit about 240 with everything the car had and he tried co keep up when i came to 14st i turned right and my car was lowered and had very good rubber so when he trid to follow he hit the meadein then i turned left into the side street and i lost him for a few seconds and i waited "slowed down" and he came aound that corner like he was out to kill and then he put his lights on and pulled me over and we had a yelling mach and i called him a pice of shit and i was going to take him to court for harrassment when i fight the ticket. so when went to court they said there is no such ticket and i said yes there is i have it right here the lady said your free to go what kind of bull shit is that and i still have the ticket

statick
02-22-2005, 01:32 PM
^wut car do u drive? any mods on it?

gpomp
02-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by finerides
:devil: there was a time when i worked for smed int and i was working o time i was driving home at about 2am and when i came to the 14th street turn off lane that i needed to be in i had my signal on for some time but was not let in i saw a spot and speed up two past 2 cars and changed lanes then a suburban forced his way in right behind me and was so close that you couldn't see the bottom of his truck and this went for about 1200 m and i got sick of him being so close so i speed up and changed lanes infront of another car then he forced his way in again then i put the peddel to the floor i hit about 240 with everything the car had and he tried co keep up when i came to 14st i turned right and my car was lowered and had very good rubber so when he trid to follow he hit the meadein then i turned left into the side street and i lost him for a few seconds and i waited "slowed down" and he came aound that corner like he was out to kill and then he put his lights on and pulled me over and we had a yelling mach and i called him a pice of shit and i was going to take him to court for harrassment when i fight the ticket. so when went to court they said there is no such ticket and i said yes there is i have it right here the lady said your free to go what kind of bull shit is that and i still have the ticket
:rolleyes: go back to school and learn some punctuation. also, no car can take a corner at 240 on 14th st, sorry dude. :thumbsdow

QuasarCav
02-22-2005, 01:38 PM

You decided to stop lurking and post that?

I love it when people say they got in a fighting match with cops, try swearing at one and see how far that takes you.

pressure_ratio
02-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Problem is a lot of them need it.Sorry,but most cops are so fricken arrogant it's disgusting.:whipped:

finerides
02-22-2005, 02:17 PM
gpomp i did say do i have to hold your hand and say that i was doing about 70 when i turned the corner i didnot say that i hold a gramer degrie asswipe so you know i didnt win any spelling b.

finerides
02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
the point was that they are not always right and you can call them on it if you are willing to go to court

brandon
02-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Ben

You drive a Honda, case closed. Myself and other friends who drive hondas never get "victimized" near as much as some of you people who drive hondas claim to. Hell Even friends of mine who DRIVE Hondas admit that this is true.

Young person + Honda + Exhaust or any other mods = Heat Magnet.

:werd: I drove a civic with rims and kit and stuff for a year or so and I had only been pulled over once and that was because I was speeding!.

X_plorer
02-22-2005, 05:18 PM
I dont' mind when the cops pull behind me to run my plates, I wish they would of done it while the two punks who were joy riding in my car were having the time of their lives. Mind you after the car was ditched and found we went to check it over. The cop who was writing up the case quickly pointed out everything on the car he "could" ticket us for. BTW, take your garage openers and registration/insurance papers with you when you leave your car-only thing missing when we got the car back was the deck and garage door opener to our home. Thankfully we never updated our address on our insurance cards or registration when we moved so they didn't know where we lived-the officer quickly pointed out that not updating your registration is a ticketable offence too... who knew.

Xtrema
02-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Asian + Slightly modde Honda

Cops are all over that like donuts shops.

Barking_Spidre
02-22-2005, 05:55 PM
:devil: there was a time when i worked for smed int *snip* lady said your free to go what kind of bull shit is that and i still have the ticket

So you're saying that it was a cop who was following you and tailing you? And yes, you did say you went 240 around a corner.

And if you made a cop chase you at 240, I'm pretty sure he would've pulled you over for quite a bit.

:bullshit:

kanip
02-23-2005, 03:59 AM
the second you hit like 110 in that area he'da been all over you. but meh, people are just lame (in and out of uniform)

all in all... :whocares:

GTS Jeff
02-24-2005, 12:44 AM
gpomp i did say do i have to hold your hand and say that i was doing about 70 when i turned the corner i didnot say that i hold a gramer degrie asswipe so you know i didnt win any spelling b. they hand out "gramer degries" in grade 3 haha

gpomp
02-24-2005, 12:48 AM
i feel like im the only young asian who drives a modded civic who hasn't gotten pulled over. :dunno:

maybe im doing something wrong???

Godfuader
02-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Had the random pullovers all the time. (No, I dont drive like im auditioning for Fast and the Furious) Cops used to always follow me to my street for as long as 20 mins. Once i got pulled over cuz the cop had reports of a stolen black civic ( I have a Black '90 Celica GT-S) He walked around the car for 5 mins and kept looking at my factory badging and my wheels :dunno: at the end he just told me to "keep it safe out there". Once got pulled over cuz i didnt look like i was born in 1942 (car registered to my dad)

Solution: I put a 2ft high calgary flames sticker in my rear window. Now i have vinyl covers on my rear lights, and 2 burnt bulbs and cops dont look twice. anything that stick the car out in a crowd would not belong to trouble. My 2c

heavyD
02-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
i feel like im the only young asian who drives a modded civic who hasn't gotten pulled over. :dunno:

maybe im doing something wrong???

Dye your bangs orange.:thumbsup:

Chandler_Racing
02-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by brandon

:werd: I drove a civic with rims and kit and stuff for a year or so and I had only been pulled over once and that was because I was speeding!.
Same. Why is it that people always whine about this? I've driven honda/acuras for 5 years now and had no problems.

fast95pony
02-25-2005, 02:25 AM
There are some advantages to being an old fart :D .
Cops never hassle old farts,unless you're being stupid..:)

youngbex
02-27-2005, 01:05 PM
haha i know someone who gets picked on alot by the same cop, that would be MR. rob, in his silvia he always gets pulled over by the same cop and he called his house to, it was funny cause a couple days ago a few of us were jsut cruising around and drove by a cop at a stop light and sure enough its the same cop still after rob and yards him over to the side of the road:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

canadian_hustla
02-27-2005, 05:20 PM
haha all these funny stories, shit I get harassed by cops too.. all the time. I drive an old reasonably O.K. looking bMw, some light mods to it, and I am constantly tailgated by cops. One saturday I was driving to work at 8 in the morning R.H lane, I had a cop tailgate me from sarcee and crowchild all the way to 16th and home road. The funny part is that when I was driving behind market mall, the cop was right on my tail - a gopher ran accross the road, I braked and swerved to avoid it, and that cop almost rear ended me. Oh shit that would be funny to hear his explanation for that. There were two cops in that car, one was pointing at me and it looked like he was yelling to his friend that i should be pulled over. The other cop was pointing at the gopher.

I think most of the cops in calgary are corrupt, whether it be tailgating for no reason, or going through red lights with sirens on, and turning them off afterwards. When they are busy pulling people over for illegal lighting, drunk drivers are getting away (I see at least one drunk driver a night)

They should get their priorities straight.

seer_claw
02-27-2005, 05:33 PM
^^^ lol, thats a pretty funny story. :thumbsup:

I never have many problems with cops. They only pull me over when I have been doing really stupid things. Like 84 in a 40 zone. And yes my car does have a loud exhaust.

BumpinTalon
02-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

plus if you try and pull this shit everything they might have given you warnings for, they won't anymore. they will just piss you off and ticket everything. even if you just have stems or something left from bud they will charge you with possesion and whatnot (that is a secondhand story though). if your car was just a tiny bit too low, you'll get the ticket from that, so on so forth.
just be nice to cops. they will return the favor unless they are out to get you (and believe it or not, only about half of them are) or are an asian with crazy hair and already think you are a gangster with bodies in the trunk.