PDA

View Full Version : Who would be interested in buying a Beyond Calnder feat. member's cars?

Ekliptix
12-23-2002, 12:45 AM
1st I'd start a poll for people to pick people's cars that would be in the calender, then I'd have a photo shoot for each featured car, have the calenders made and then sold.

I just had this idea and thought I'd feel out the interest.:D

theken
12-23-2002, 12:50 AM
only if the probe was in it :thumbsup: or the truck :thumbsup: or james car :thumbsdow

RiCE-DaDDy
12-23-2002, 01:07 AM
good idea, but nah, i mean many guys have decent, respectable rides, but not the caliber u expect to be in a calendar, just my opinion

ecstasy_civic
12-23-2002, 01:09 AM
its an awesome idea but there could be some serious conflict of interest with an idea like that.
just my opinion:D

EstoMax
12-23-2002, 01:58 AM
hmm.. find all the high rollers here and take their cars :)
max

mrmattyk
12-23-2002, 03:15 AM
I dont think it would be out for 2003, but it would be nice for 2004..

start planning

GTS Jeff
12-23-2002, 03:37 AM
why not have an online calendar that ppl can use as a desktop background?

RickDaTuner
12-23-2002, 04:33 AM
yeah i dunno a calender with only Slk's and Bimmers hmm i think ill pass

But you guys can Put my beast up For October

5gluder
12-23-2002, 10:32 AM
I would buy one, hell i would buy a 100 if you put my ride on the cover :D

Melinda
12-23-2002, 11:16 AM
It's a good idea IMO. I'm doing all the photography for a NewVeeDub.com Calendar right now. Not sure when it will be out for sure (ask Peter) but it doesn't necessarily have to be "High caliber cars" I mean I think it would be cool just to have a calendar full of your club member's cars. Do what DSCR did a few years back, group cars together and have them in one shot...like take all the done up talons and have thme as one month, J-bodys (or even break it down further into sunfires, cavaliers ect) and do one for them, trucks, ect. It's totoally doable guys, and you can get all the nice cars in one way or another! I'd take one! :clap: Let me know if you need a hand with the photography man, I'd be glad to help out

Melinda

mwmhong
12-23-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
It's a good idea IMO. I'm doing all the photography for a NewVeeDub.com Calendar right now. Not sure when it will be out for sure (ask Peter) but it doesn't necessarily have to be "High caliber cars" I mean I think it would be cool just to have a calendar full of your club member's cars. Do what DSCR did a few years back, group cars together and have them in one shot...like take all the done up talons and have thme as one month, J-bodys (or even break it down further into sunfires, cavaliers ect) and do one for them, trucks, ect. It's totoally doable guys, and you can get all the nice cars in one way or another! I'd take one! :clap: Let me know if you need a hand with the photography man, I'd be glad to help out

Melinda

Yes, VERY good idea. Just so it's not all 'top-of-the-food-chain'. Bottom-feeders must be represented!!
I think all the domestics on here can fit onto one page and the rest can be imports. :)

Hakkola
12-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Hmmm, should wait til' spring or summer before taking new pics, IMO. Kinda cool idea, dunno what to do to keep some people from being left out, except it wouldn't need to be one car per page, I guess you could taka a couple pics with multiple cars in them.

It's a good idea though, and it'd be cool to see it happen for sure.

Ekliptix
12-23-2002, 01:31 PM
or make some w/ honda's, another w/ euro's, domestic, variety

bosa
12-23-2002, 01:32 PM
I would love to buy a calendar with members cars!

///M Power
12-23-2002, 01:48 PM
Theres only one car calender for me, and thats "Fast Expensive Cars".

theken
12-23-2002, 02:35 PM
got to have the probe, my truck:thumbsup: and james car <----:thumbsdow

cocoabrova
12-23-2002, 06:06 PM
That's a pretty good idea Ekliptix.... Now you just have to go and hire some models:poosie: :rofl:

Melinda
12-23-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Now you just have to go and hire some models:poosie: :rofl:
Hey! And what about the girls that will be buying the calendar? We don't wanna stare at half naked women every month

Mel

cocoabrova
12-23-2002, 06:42 PM

Hey! And what about the girls that will be buying the calendar? We don't wanna stare at half naked women every month

Mel
Okay, okay.... I'll model for the women's calendar already, sheesh
:thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl:

Hollywood
12-23-2002, 06:52 PM

Mel

Sacrifices need to be made in the interest of top rated media showmenship!!!! Bring on the ladies!! Heheehehe:bigpimp: :rofl:

But seriously I think it's a good idea, I dont like the group shots idea. May be take 1 car per manufactorer or something. Might have to double up on the honda/acura's though since the volume.

Or actually do this....pic 24 cars (then more people get picked instead of 12). Put 1 pic as the main picture for that month, then put another pic of another car behind the calander days, kinda like a backdrop, then make that month the same manufactorer.

1. honda
2. mazda
3. Acura
4. BMW
5. VW
6. nissan
7. Toyota
8. Merc
9. etc..

ninjak84
12-23-2002, 07:52 PM
This idea is great.
I would like to see 3-4 cars per month, from just random manufacturers, all in the same picture.
Let people submit pictures of their cars if they want to be in it.

GTS Jeff
12-23-2002, 08:00 PM
That's a pretty good idea Ekliptix.... Now you just have to go and hire some models:poosie: :rofl:

Mel

the girls of beyond can be the models.

Importz
12-23-2002, 08:28 PM
Can I be May if this calender does happen!!:D :rofl: :tongue:

Melinda
12-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
the girls of beyond can be the models.

Hahaha will we make as much money as the import chicks do?? :D

Melinda

mrmattyk
12-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Why dont we nominate someone's car.. then have a huge poll and determine the top 12 based on popularity (12 months, duh)?

Dope Dealer
12-23-2002, 08:52 PM

Hahaha will we make as much money as the import chicks do?? :D

Melinda

Well, since Benny showed interest in being an Import Model in a previous thread, we should expose him as much as possible in this Calender. Perhaps someone will notice and hire him for a show? :rofl:

Ekliptix
12-23-2002, 11:09 PM

oh man that's an awesome idea!

A great way to meat girls too: "Hi, I'm looking for models for a calender shoot. Would you be interested in coming by my house for some test shots?"

oh yes

DSM Power
12-24-2002, 12:27 AM
...like take all the done up talons and have them as one month...

Wooo that's more like it!! :thumbsup: :rofl:

CLEANLY SHAVED
12-24-2002, 12:56 AM
Dudes sounds cool , id definatly be in. Needs to be a fair representation though

GTS Jeff
12-24-2002, 01:58 AM
i think we should go by post count :)

#1 poster can be january, #2 is feb...and so on!

James
12-24-2002, 06:07 AM
This could be a good idea...but as well as maybe voting..we could have mutiple-cars for one month, so more peoples rides can be accomadated(sp?)....with like a theme as well, January: "High rollers", SLK32's, M3's etc.. February "Drag Machines" Toma's Stang, Mau's Supra, XES Prelude etc.. "Ultimate show cars".... "Old School Rides" Benny's Jetta, and this is where my car would come in! :D, lol j/k etc.....I mean we could probably have 5-6 months with just "Hondas" with the amount of cars on here:rolleyes: ..just an idea that my fried brain came up with! :tongue:

Stareven
12-24-2002, 06:59 AM
I've always wanted a Honda Civic calendar.

rage2
12-24-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
A great way to meat girls too: &quot;Hi, I'm looking for models for a calender shoot. Would you be interested in coming by my house for some test shots?&quot;

You'd be surprised how easily girls fall for that... :D

And in case you're wondering, I'm not the one that asked. Ask the owner of the car... haha.

Melinda
12-24-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Stareven
I've always wanted a Honda Civic calendar.
There is one called Hot Hondas that you can get at the calendar club in chinook...pictures suck but the cars are pretty hot.

Melinda

speedracer
12-24-2002, 12:01 PM

HAHA sorry dude, don't think I can look THAT dumb and slutty at the same time! Sorry! :D

Mel

Either qualifications would be fine, the later would be better :angel: :rofl::tongue:

..Speedracer ducks for cover

surferbaby13
12-24-2002, 12:19 PM
I'll do it.....but I won't post on any american car......
hahahaha I'll be classy yet sexy. I have heard that there are pretty hot chicks in this forum....classy ones...just use the forum girls that way this calender will be unique and will get noticed alot quicker than your typical dirty ass hoes that you see in every mag or calender.....
why not?

kaput
12-24-2002, 12:37 PM

Melinda
12-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by surferbaby13
just use the forum girls that way this calender will be unique and will get noticed alot quicker than your typical dirty ass hoes that you see in every mag or calender.....
why not?

HAHA that and you'll save your money instead of hiring other chicks to do it

I'm up for it as well

Mel

Ben
12-24-2002, 01:23 PM
I think the callender should be a representation of what took place the previous year. Pictures from meets, events and whatnot, not just single cars, that way it includes far more people...there are 1100 members...

Ben
12-24-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by rage2

You'd be surprised how easily girls fall for that... :D

And in case you're wondering, I'm not the one that asked. Ask the owner of the car... haha.

Haha, that was hilarious, were all minding our own business eating icecream. "You, stand by my car I need a picture" haha, and there she sat.

Ekliptix
12-24-2002, 04:16 PM
the only problem with that is that a person needs the time to take a good picture w/ an attractive background, lighting, etc. Those conditions are usually not available at meets.

surferbaby13
12-24-2002, 04:40 PM
it is tho
you don't exactly have to have a meet. just arange the cars the girls and the guys on different days and different places......that way its unique....

Ekliptix
12-24-2002, 04:53 PM
once the cars that would be in the calender were decided upon, I'd pm the owners and setup times with each of them to meet and take some pictures. We'd also have to get at least 12 different girls(if that's what we're doing). I know at least one of two that would be willing to participate.

The winter time might make is a little more difficult then the summer.(it's kinda cold out.)

theken
12-24-2002, 05:20 PM
I think the group shot is a good idea because u have like 2000 hondas on here you could take like the top 3 and set them up all crazy and have that as january, and like james said do like a old school like benny's :thumbsup: james:thumbsdow my truck :thumbsup: so on ......... like that would be the best way to really show all of the peoples rides.

Melinda
12-24-2002, 05:23 PM
the only problem with that is that a person needs the time to take a good picture w/ an attractive background, lighting, etc.
I know a couple of really good locations that I used for the NewVeeDub calendar shoots. Let me know and I can fill you in

once the cars that would be in the calender were decided upon, I'd pm the owners and setup times with each of them to meet and take some pictures. We'd also have to get at least 12 different girls(if that's what we're doing).
Do we even have 12 beyond girls? If need be, throw 1 girl for 2 months, just space them out a lil bit

Melinda

GTS Jeff
12-24-2002, 05:59 PM
it is tho
you don't exactly have to have a meet. just arange the cars the girls and the guys on different days and different places......that way its unique.... hey elise, wanna model for my car? :thumbsup:

MYKN
12-24-2002, 06:37 PM
i want a model for my car too..acutally my car not good enough for this calender. And i dont want no ass print on my hood...

ecstasy_civic
12-24-2002, 06:41 PM
if i make it to the calendar i have 6 guaranteed models:D there hot too! for my car and my car only lol im greedy lol j/k ok maybe ecstasyracer to:thumbsup:

surferbaby13
12-24-2002, 10:04 PM
For sure jeff....i'd love to help you out...what kind of outfit would you like me to wear....keep in mind it has to be classy not slutty....remember my bro has to see this stuff.....we can do the nude on your own private time...hehehehehee....

ecstasy_civic
12-25-2002, 12:23 AM
we can do the nude thing on your own private time

woow sign me up! lol is this a for sure thing? i think it would be good if we could get it done for 2004. that way i have time to get my shit finished.:thumbsup:

Ben
12-25-2002, 01:34 AM
I will also require a model for the premier of my car this spring!

GTS Jeff
12-25-2002, 03:12 AM
For sure jeff....i'd love to help you out...what kind of outfit would you like me to wear....keep in mind it has to be classy not slutty....remember my bro has to see this stuff.....we can do the nude on your own private time...hehehehehee.... u pick the outfit...just make sure it goes with red!

and as for nude...hmmm...anytime is good for me! haha

2.2vtec
12-25-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
why not have an online calendar that ppl can use as a desktop background?
That seems like a good idea. I would use it for sure.

ninjak84
12-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Yes! Wait until the snow melts to do the calendar!
That way my car will have all it's parts on by then!

surferbaby13
12-26-2002, 01:05 PM
hahahah mkyn you should put "MY CAR" in the calender......I will have to forsure preform for that one....make it for the may issue.....I love red so that should be easy jeff....