PDA

View Full Version : Moxies @ Barlow Trail NE

69cougar
02-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Was wondering if any one else has had bad expereinces here with service. We don't mind the food at Moxies and will eat there when we go out and have had great experiences at all locations except this one. Unforunatly we are suckers for punishment because it is the closest to our house but some of the things they have done;

1st visit: Waited 10 min for server after being seated. Took 30 min for food, order was wrong. Waited another 15 min for food. Took another 10 min to get the bill and another 15 to pay it.

2nd visit: My buddy and I each paid with our credit cards, stupid server rang up both purchases on my card.

3rd visit: Waited 10 min for server after being seated "Sorry, the kitchen lost one of my orders". Took 30 min for food, order was wrong, "Sorry the kitchen didn't listen to me" Waited another 15 min for food. Took another 10 min to get the bill "Sorry I asked that other guy to look after your table" and another 15 to pay it. Then he givesme the look when I didn't tip him.

Looks like its back to either Market Mall or South for next Moxie's craving.

2.0turbo
02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Go to the one at the hotel on barlow, just north of Mcknight. On the way to the airport. That one is good. Pretty new too. If you live somewhere around Saddlecrest or Taradale it's actually closer that 32nd and Barlow.

69cougar
02-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
Go to the one at the hotel on barlow, just north of Mcknight. On the way to the airport. That one is good. Pretty new too. If you live somewhere around Saddlecrest or Taradale it's actually closer that 32nd and Barlow.

Thats the one I was at!!!

AcuraTl
02-20-2005, 02:46 PM
honestly i think that moxies have a great communication problem when it comes to ordering the food, i know many friends who have had their orders fucked up at moxies, it happens regularly too...???

jdmakkord
02-20-2005, 07:55 PM
I used to cook there. Place used to run great, but I cant really say anything about their present condition.

JordanEG6
02-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar

:rofl: :rofl: havent had bad service yet, but the pepper corn steak is awesome. :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
02-20-2005, 10:49 PM
I think the problem at Moxies is that for the most part the wages are comparable to fast food joints, and the resteraunt is supposed to be run like a fine dining experience.

I knew a couple people who worked there, and it wasn't that appealing getting paid $7.00 an hour to work till like 2:00am.

Plus at places like that, a lot of people don't give a shit about their jobs so they don't show up for work, or they show up late which throws the whole crew off.

If you want a smooth system go to The Keg, like I did tonight. My brother (sort of) works there and he loves it.

jdmakkord
02-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
I think the problem at Moxies is that for the most part the wages are comparable to fast food joints, and the resteraunt is supposed to be run like a fine dining experience.

I knew a couple people who worked there, and it wasn't that appealing getting paid $7.00 an hour to work till like 2:00am.

Plus at places like that, a lot of people don't give a shit about their jobs so they don't show up for work, or they show up late which throws the whole crew off.

If you want a smooth system go to The Keg, like I did tonight. My brother (sort of) works there and he loves it.

Funny, I was paid very well to work there. The place went downhill when all the best servers and cooks left in the span of one month.

2.0turbo
02-21-2005, 01:26 PM

Oops, then go south about 5 blocks to the one on 32nd. Sorry.

kiwi
02-23-2005, 11:48 AM
The Market Mall moxie's isn't that great either! We just go there cuz it's only 5 min away from our house!

The service is extremely slow! & it usually takes about 20 min. just to pay for the bill!

So far, it seems like the Chinook location is the best out of all of them, in terms of service & ambience.

googe
02-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

all restaurants like that pay around $7 or less. you make a lot more from your tips, so they give you a low base wage.

marek
02-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I've had the best experience at the moxies in westhills, go in the lounge, they're usually really good about everything. ie: quick, good service, and the right order.

abyss
02-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo

Oops, then go south about 5 blocks to the one on 32nd. Sorry.

There hasn't been a Moxie's on 32nd for a while. I think it's Chianti's now (don't eat there either, terrible!)

I've been to the Moxie's on Barlow numerous times cause we live in the NE, it hasn't been that bad so far. I'm addicted to the Baja Quesadilla.

Don't go to the BP's in Falconridge/Castleridge though, service was the worst I've ever had at a restaraunt.

lude_grl
02-26-2005, 10:14 PM
the moxies in chinook was proally the best service for me too

market mall is closest but SUCKS
:/

GTS Jeff
02-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Was wondering if any one else has had bad expereinces here with service. We don't mind the food at Moxies and will eat there when we go out and have had great experiences at all locations except this one. Unforunatly we are suckers for punishment because it is the closest to our house but some of the things they have done;

1st visit: Waited 10 min for server after being seated. Took 30 min for food, order was wrong. Waited another 15 min for food. Took another 10 min to get the bill and another 15 to pay it.

2nd visit: My buddy and I each paid with our credit cards, stupid server rang up both purchases on my card.

3rd visit: Waited 10 min for server after being seated "Sorry, the kitchen lost one of my orders". Took 30 min for food, order was wrong, "Sorry the kitchen didn't listen to me" Waited another 15 min for food. Took another 10 min to get the bill "Sorry I asked that other guy to look after your table" and another 15 to pay it. Then he givesme the look when I didn't tip him.

Looks like its back to either Market Mall or South for next Moxie's craving. ok your complaints about visit 1 and 3 are legitimate, but they just made an honest mistake for visit 2, so let that slide.

for visit 1 and 3, the best thing to do is talk to the manager. let him/her know that you are used to great service from this restaurant and that u were surprised by the shitty service that u received. if he offers u a discount or whatever, tell him that u dont care about the discount, u just want him to promise you a better experience next time so that ull keep going there.

if shit hits the fan, ask for his business card and the phone number to moxies headoffice. that should scare him a bunch. head offices of restaurant chains like moxies will give the franchise a lot of shit when they receive complaints. usually theyll write a letter to the restaurant, take points off their evaluation, and demand a letter back stating how the issue was resolved so that it wont happen again. so try that next time. good luck.