PDA

View Full Version : 300zx VS. Black RSX (street)

LaughingTiger
12-23-2002, 11:57 AM
If anybody w/ a black RSX raced me, to bad there was so much damn traffic..... I borrowed my friends n0n-turbo 90 300zx w/ HKS superchip...and raced a black RSX downtown on 6ave s.w....to much traffic, I gotta admit rsx you didn't give up, but I had alot more power then you.... That 300zx I was drivin was tunned very nice.... But If you ever wan't meet up and have a friendly race.. I'm up 4 it...300zx or my MR2 in spring..... To bad you got stuck on that turn of togo to 14ave... That's why I didn't take the opening.... I guess you don't know the road very well.....:dunno:

...PeACe

Redlyne_mr2
12-23-2002, 01:07 PM
dude your mr2 would walk all over an rsx..not really a point in racing

syeve
12-23-2002, 03:59 PM
hahaha

mrmattyk
12-23-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
dude your mr2 would walk all over an rsx..not really a point in racing

RSX definetly, Type S I dont know..

syeve
12-23-2002, 05:17 PM
Like he said, base maybe, no way a 91 mr2 could beat a type-s, I have a buddy with a 91 in pretty good shape and my civic use to keep up no problem...

ecstasy_civic
12-23-2002, 08:53 PM
dude it had to have been non-turbo. im pretty partial to mr2's and the turbo ones are FAST stock!!! i dont care what anyone says. there fast, reasonable on gas, handle like nothin else on the road and fairly reliable.
just an awesome all round good car:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
12-23-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by syeve
Like he said, base maybe, no way a 91 mr2 could beat a type-s, I have a buddy with a 91 in pretty good shape and my civic use to keep up no problem...
..is your buddies a turbo? If it is then he either has some driving and or engine issues...once again the mr2 turbo woudl walk all over an rsx type s

LaughingTiger
12-23-2002, 10:05 PM
Come on......

RSX-S = alot more heavy then an MR2.
146 ft/lbs of torque
200 hp

91 MR2-T = alot lighter then an RSX*
200 ft/lbs of torque*
200 hp
Boost...*

what are you thinking.........:dunno:

I test drove an RSX type S, at the dealer.(I know they don't let people testdrive the type S) But I had my way, and I told him some BS and he let me drive... Anyway...I was not impressed at all... I was expecting more.... Its a good looking car, nice interior and exterior, superior Bose sound system, dual stage v-tec is impressive, and so is the way they turned the engine around...I mean it's pretty good.. But it does lack power, top end is very good, but of the line.......:thumbsdow that's what made me loose interest.. I didn't like how big it was either, to hard to handle, but maybe it's because I drive a small car....:dunno: Anyway I don't think an RSX-S would beat a MR2 turbo anyday.... period....
maybe in spring time me and Red_lyne can prove it to you, but my car is parked till spring and I think red-lyne is in toronto...

...PEaCe syeve see you on the road.....:guns:

pic-a-pop
12-24-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger
Come on......

RSX-S = alot more heavy then an MR2.
146 ft/lbs of torque
200 hp

91 MR2-T = alot lighter then an RSX*
200 ft/lbs of torque*
200 hp
Boost...*

what are you thinking.........:dunno:

I test drove an RSX type S, at the dealer.(I know they don't let people testdrive the type S) But I had my way, and I told him some BS and he let me drive... Anyway...I was not impressed at all... I was expecting more.... Its a good looking car, nice interior and exterior, superior Bose sound system, dual stage v-tec is impressive, and so is the way they turned the engine around...I mean it's pretty good.. But it does lack power, top end is very good, but of the line.......:thumbsdow that's what made me loose interest.. I didn't like how big it was either, to hard to handle, but maybe it's because I drive a small car....:dunno: Anyway I don't think an RSX-S would beat a MR2 turbo anyday.... period....
maybe in spring time me and Red_lyne can prove it to you, but my car is parked till spring and I think red-lyne is in toronto...

...PEaCe syeve see you on the road.....:guns:

This is comparing apples to oranges. I agree with Laughingtiger on this one. No way would an RSX-S take a MR2-T. Sorry Honda.

ecstasy_civic
12-24-2002, 12:21 AM
redlyne im dying to see your car man, ive only seen pics and it looks awesome, hey maybe we could meet up with arif? just an idea.

Redlyne_mr2
12-24-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
redlyne im dying to see your car man, ive only seen pics and it looks awesome, hey maybe we could meet up with arif? just an idea.
yah man Ill let you know when its done...it is still in Alberta but since I have to be in Toronto for the summer of 2003 it will be loaded onto a truck and transported out east

syeve
12-24-2002, 01:01 AM
TURBO mr2 would thrash a type s anyday, I though 91's came supercharged...my bad...I'm not stupid I swear

ecstasy_civic
12-24-2002, 01:14 AM
lol no thats the old school body style. ummm 88-89? i think was supercharged. 91 and up i believe turbo. i want to get one so bad but i cant afford to put out 13 grand for a 92 turbo w/ 160000 kms. i know its not that many kms for the year but the turbo is most likely on its last legs.:thumbsdow but hey if anybody knows of any for less than 11 grand let me know. im always looking:D
and redlyne thats to bad your car is gonna be back east. the poor car has to suffer under humidity lol. ah well.

oh ya what ever happended to your sig with the 153 hp per cylinder? lol thats my favorite quote ive ever heard lol

FiveFreshFish
12-24-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by syeve
TURBO mr2 would thrash a type s anyday, I though 91's came supercharged...my bad...I'm not stupid I swear

The supercharger option was for model years 88 and 89 only (1st gen). I believe the factory HP rating is around 140 or 145 for supercharged.

James
12-24-2002, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

The supercharger option was for model years 88 and 89 only (1st gen). I believe the factory HP rating is145 for supercharged.

Correct:thumbsup:

syeve
12-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

The supercharger option was for model years 88 and 89 only (1st gen). I believe the factory HP rating is around 140 or 145 for supercharged.

that would be the one I kept up with in my civic...turbo MR2's go good.