PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About This Wax

hockeybronx
02-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Has anybody had any experience with Mothers California Gold Carbauba Wax?

How long does it last, how well does it gloss, or what product is better than it?

Thanks guys!

old&slow
02-21-2005, 04:52 PM
some say it's great...I never tried it personally!

streetarab
02-21-2005, 04:53 PM
ive used it, its pretty good, im not sure how long it lasts but it does an excellent job at shining, comes off easy too

hockeybronx
02-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by old&slow
some say it's great...I never tried it personally!

Okay that would be what I call an extremely useless post:thumbsdow

bol
02-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Most over the counter products that you're going to find in the city are crap. At the same time I don't expect most people to pay $100 for a jar of wax either.

I've been very happy with P21S products but I'll probably be making a switch this year(going to get a Porter Cable.) P21S stuff isn't too overpriced and lasts a long time. Jar of wax and paint cleaner should last you at least a year. Use their paintwork cleanser and follow with the wax. It works great as long as your finish is not in bad shape.

hockeybronx
02-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah I've been using the Turtlewax Colorcure in the past, but next I'll buy some of the Mothers Carnauba wax.

Thanks guys:thumbsup:

gggunit
02-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Try Klasse AIO and Sealant.. it rocks :thumbsup:

heavyD
02-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Yeah I've been using the Turtlewax Colorcure in the past, but next I'll buy some of the Mothers Carnauba wax.

Thanks guys:thumbsup:

Mother's Carnuba (paste) is one of the better waxes I've tried that you can get at the local store. I liked it better than any of the Meguires stuff which is the most overrated shit you can get. The best stuff by far it the Klasse wax & sealant, nothing else I've ever tried is even in the same league.

shakalaka
02-22-2005, 04:18 PM
^^Where do you get that stuff from? Just locally or online or something?
EDIT:One post up.

heavyD
02-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
^^Where do you get that stuff from? Just locally or online or something?
EDIT:One post up.

Can't buy it locally from my knoweledge. Here is a couple of Canadian dstributors.

http://www.eshine.ca/
or
http://www.showshine.ca/sonus.html

Get the twins pack. Follow the directions and trust me, your car will not only look better, water still beads off after 6 months the same as the day after you waxed it.:thumbsup:

Orbie
02-22-2005, 05:34 PM
The only wax I ever used before was the Mothers California Gold Carnauba Wax, it's really good but I don't find it comes off easy at all you really have to poor the elbow grease in there sometimes and you get the white powdery residue as well. The result while great for a few days doesn't seem to last all that long.

I'm using Meguiars NXT Tech Wax now and I love the stuff. The difference in result between the Mothers and this isn't like night and day, but it's way better in the time department. The stuff goes and and comes off very easily, you don't get any white powder either. What would take me 1.5 to 2 hours to wax my car with the Mothers takes about 30-45 mins for the entire process with the Tech Wax. It also lasts a very long time compared to the Mother's.

Just my 2 cents, the Mother's is definitely not a bad buy though.

old&slow
02-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

mjyuen
02-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
Try Klasse AIO and Sealant.. it rocks :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of buying it. I don't have a machine to help with waxing. Can I apply it by hand? How long does it take?

heavyD
02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by mjyuen

I'm thinking of buying it. I don't have a machine to help with waxing. Can I apply it by hand? How long does it take?

One application of the AiO wax and one application of the sealant. I use my 8" orbital and would recommend an orbital especially for the sealant.

91_Integz
02-23-2005, 10:36 AM
^^ I agree....this stuff is amazing. You can even keep applying the sealant for a few coats and the shine is absolutly amazing and it lasts for SUCH a long time. The twin pack should be about 70 bux. It seems like a lot but for the quality and the length of time it lasts, its amazing.

maximus
02-24-2005, 09:49 PM
I used to use all Mothers products but the wax dosn't last very long at all. Got fed up and now use Meguiars and find that it lasts way longer.