PDA

View Full Version : getting "toned"

Tyler883
02-21-2005, 05:35 PM
So just what the hell does "toned" mean?

I heard many people say" I don't weight lift to build muscle, I just want to tone it"

awhoOO?!?!?!?:dunno:

If I do conventional weightlifting ( not the stuff that power lifters do) I am going to build muscle, right? - or if my diet is not appropriate, I may even loose muscle, right? So, how does this "toning" thing happen? Is that what they call weight training at a warm up level? Personally, I think most people in the gym don't have intense enough workouts, and would be better off spending their time on the cardio equipment.

Weapon_R
02-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Toning means to shape your muscles.

See those guys on world's strongest man? They're incredibly muscular, but most of them look fat.

Toning helps give you the desired look you want

RiceCube
02-21-2005, 07:09 PM
u look like a movie star or sum crap like taht like how people imagine a good healthy guy

BloodBaneZXY
02-21-2005, 08:56 PM
low body fat %..heh

r7
02-21-2005, 09:06 PM
toning is for swimmers and models! LOL

Tyler883
02-21-2005, 09:21 PM
So is it safe to say that many people that use the "toning" word really want to reduce fat , improve definition, and possibly even reshape some of their muscles?

This almost sounds like they want to get ready for an amateur body building competition, but they aren't willing to do the homework before studying for the exam( ie not willing to build muscle before trimming down)

So what do you think? Are most of them going about it the right way? I get a strong impression that their reluctance to get involved in anything serious w.r.t. bodybuilding also means that they will never learn the finer points of the workouts that would help them reach their goals.

In otherwords, I think alot more people should be using the same training techniques that body builders use, even if their goals are different than a body builder. does this make sense?

r7
02-21-2005, 11:13 PM
yeah

u look at the people that just want to " tone " , and they stay looking the same for years

2.4l
02-22-2005, 01:50 AM
:drama:

hussein
02-22-2005, 06:21 PM
yea i think that poeple who say they want to get 'toned' are too lazy to lift heavy weights to build muscles, so they think that by lifting a bunch of light weights they will get the low bf %, and not build a base to work on first. :dunno:

abyss
02-23-2005, 02:52 PM
I always got the impression toned meant longer leaner muscles, think Uma compared to Madonna

abyss
02-23-2005, 02:53 PM
madonna

davidI
02-23-2005, 03:32 PM
I think toned means definition. Easiest way to be toned is lose body fat and get a tan.

Chicks always say they like the scrawny CK model types but in reality, they want a guy who can protect them and toss them around in the sack....and being a scrawny little bitch isn't going to help you out much there.

ca2p3r
02-23-2005, 04:37 PM
^ whatever you say beefcake

Marsh
02-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
:rofl:

But yeah the majority of u i agree with...u need to build up a solid base of muscle, then start cutting down the fat to get 'toned'...cutting the fat when there isn't anything underneath is pointless

davidI
02-23-2005, 06:55 PM

Don't hate....It's not my fault your woman has to take control in bed. ;)

ca2p3r
02-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by davidI
I think toned means definition. Easiest way to be toned is lose body fat and get a tan.

Chicks always say they like the scrawny CK model types but in reality, they want a guy who can protect them and toss them around in the sack....and being a scrawny little bitch isn't going to help you out much there.

i'll take control of your woman, considering im what she likes :dunno:

btw nice avater :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RiceCube
02-23-2005, 07:54 PM

btw nice avater :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

from hatin to likin :dunno:

davidI
02-23-2005, 08:58 PM

why'd she want a quarter pounder when she could have a big mac?

And I wouldn't diss Arnie...he was bigger than you when he was 15 and I don't see a future for you involving millions in film deals or governing a state with the population of Canada. You could say he is an idol of mine.

GorG
02-23-2005, 09:07 PM
I usually Gain mass/muscle during the winter and then as soon as summer starts i start to tone, and make my muscles stand out a lot more

ecstasy_civic
02-23-2005, 10:22 PM

THAT is exactly the way I look at it too:rofl:

Why would she want some ripped guy who weighs 150lbs underneath her
when she can have all 200+lbs of muscle ontop of her:bigpimp:

buh_buh
02-23-2005, 10:49 PM
^ whatever you say beefcake yea, coming from the skinny guy:rolleyes:

ca2p3r
02-23-2005, 10:55 PM
:bigpimp: :drama:

JordanLotoski
02-23-2005, 10:56 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Aleks
02-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

X2

Skyline_Addict
02-25-2005, 03:52 AM
what's wrong with being lean? it's the new craze in the fashion world, atleast. hehe.

~Leah~
02-25-2005, 11:11 PM

Don't hate....It's not my fault your woman has to take control in bed. ;)

Awwww Dave, do you have to compensate for your... short comings on this forum?? Poor guy.... and even if thats the way it was, only reason you can 'toss them around in the sack' is cuz you go for the little 5'0 ethiopian-like girls that only weight 70 lbs. hahahaha

davidI
02-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~

Awwww Dave, do you have to compensate for your... short comings on this forum?? Poor guy.... and even if thats the way it was, only reason you can 'toss them around in the sack' is cuz you go for the little 5'0 ethiopian-like girls that only weight 70 lbs. hahahaha

Still bitter I shut you down last night I see...

Don't worry, when I start drinking excessively again I'm sure you'll have a better chance. ;)

~Leah~
02-26-2005, 12:58 AM

Still bitter I shut you down last night I see...

Don't worry, when I start drinking excessively again I'm sure you'll have a better chance. ;)

Awww really?? Why's that, maybe because your only interested in my gender when your completely intoxicated? We all know you prefer sausage to taco any day!

wildkarrde
02-26-2005, 01:53 AM
Holy fuck thats awesome.

davidI
02-26-2005, 02:13 AM

Awww really?? Why's that, maybe because your only interested in my gender when your completely intoxicated? We all know you prefer sausage to taco any day!

I actually thought you did have a sausage...or what was that in your shorts the other day?

You should really call a truce soon you know....before I post up a few of those pictures you sent me from your New Years. :rofl:

wildkarrde
02-26-2005, 02:48 AM
Oh snap this is getting interesting.

~Leah~
02-26-2005, 04:27 PM

I actually thought you did have a sausage...or what was that in your shorts the other day?

You should really call a truce soon you know....before I post up a few of those pictures you sent me from your New Years. :rofl:

Worst beak ever.... and OMG cleavage pictures!! OH NOES!! lol... oh Dave... so so sad. I could call a truce... but I'm too stubborn. But I'd prefer you not to post those pictures, I have enough creeps like you trying to hook up with me :tongue: :nut:

davidI
02-26-2005, 04:38 PM

Worst beak ever.... and OMG cleavage pictures!! OH NOES!! lol... oh Dave... so so sad. I could call a truce... but I'm too stubborn. But I'd prefer you not to post those pictures, I have enough creeps like you trying to hook up with me :tongue: :nut:

I'm trying to hook up with you? You're the one who resorted to the elementary playground flirting tactics such as name calling and teasing. I bet Monday night at our game you're going to punch me in the arm and run away....I seem to remember that being a sign of love to those with the maturity of an 8 year old. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about those late night drunken messages you send me asking me to come over....it will be our little secret.
;)

Seriously though, I've always hated reading off-topic threads and this has gotten pretty off topic so I'm gonna have to call it quits before I am a complete hypocrit!

~Leah~
02-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Hahaha, good to know you've been in the liquor cabinet again, buddy!! Keep dreamin'! ;)

ANYWAY.......... TONED = definition in my opinion

Gadgetboy
02-26-2005, 04:41 PM

But I'd prefer you not to post those pictures, I have enough creeps like you trying to hook up with me :tongue: :nut: Hate to step into the middle of an e-fight, but think about what your doing for a sec... you are on a car forum that is approximately 99% guys (give or take 1%), you have a picture of yourself in your avatar and your talking about posting cleavage pictures.... coughattentionwhorecough. You wonder why you have creeps trying to hook up with you

t-im
02-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
what's wrong with being lean? it's the new craze in the fashion world, atleast. hehe.

It's also a new craze in the fashion world for guys to be showin' off their pubes while wearing pants --..mmmm???..haha :barf:

toned means definition

and I never knew girls wanted scrawny ck models??

~Leah~
02-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Gadgetboy
Hate to step into the middle of an e-fight, but think about what your doing for a sec... you are on a car forum that is approximately 99% guys (give or take 1%), you have a picture of yourself in your avatar and your talking about posting cleavage pictures.... coughattentionwhorecough. You wonder why you have creeps trying to hook up with you

riiiight buddy, I'm pretty sure I never brought up the pics. And if you were around for my 'welcome' thread, maybe you'd understand some of the inside jokes. I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Dave, who I happen to be good friends with outside this forum. You wanna see attention whores? Make your way over to 306motorclub.com...

ANYWAY, back on topic again....

From a girls perspective... while toned is nice... I've always gone for the scrawny guys. Hell my last bf was 6'3 160. What can I say? I like the sticks haha

davidI
02-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Gadgetboy
Hate to step into the middle of an e-fight, but think about what your doing for a sec... you are on a car forum that is approximately 99% guys (give or take 1%), you have a picture of yourself in your avatar and your talking about posting cleavage pictures.... coughattentionwhorecough. You wonder why you have creeps trying to hook up with you

Easy there...Leahs a good girl, we were just jokin around - I thought that was pretty obvious. :nut: