PDA

View Full Version : beer company sales rep?

GTS Jeff
02-22-2005, 11:20 AM
i applied for a job (sales rep) with some beer company (mtn crest????) and apparently ill be selling to restaurant owners and stuff. anyone know wtf ive applied for, whether this kinda job is good or not?

thx

roopi
02-22-2005, 12:30 PM
I used to work with a guy who did this for Big Rock. He enjoyed the position. I'm not sure how similar it is to this but he just went around to restaurants/pubs and tried to get them to sell Big Rock products. Also went to existing clients for orders and promos. He said doing the promo stuff was the best.

Mountain Crest is no Big Rock though.

Weapon_R
02-22-2005, 12:33 PM
You try and sell shitty beer to restaurants.

Roopi is right: Mountain Crest is no Big Rock. In fact, it ranks right up there with quality beers like Alberta Genuine Draft.

roopi
02-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You try and sell shitty beer to restaurants.

:rofl:

awd
02-22-2005, 12:48 PM
I have friends in BC that are reps for smaller Microbreweries that offer GOOD beer -- they love their jobs.

I am not sure that I would want to try to sell that piss to pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Mountain Crest is the worst beer I have ever drank in my life -- tastes like a bad combination of Molson Canadian, Cider and cat urine.

QuasarCav
02-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by awd
I have friends in BC that are reps for smaller Microbreweries that offer GOOD beer -- they love their jobs.

I am not sure that I would want to try to sell that piss to pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Mountain Crest is the worst beer I have ever drank in my life -- tastes like a bad combination of Molson Canadian, Cider and cat urine.

Ever had TNT? I'm guessing it's at least 3 times worse. Doesn't even have the refreshing taste of cat piss.

Basically you go on a route of all the rests. in your area. You push them to buy lots of your beer and feature it on their menu. You are paid a commission plus a measly salary.

thinmyster
02-22-2005, 01:11 PM
i just renewed my contract with Molson/Coors!!!
should be another good summer although im just a merch and not a rep although the perks are still good. I had free beer for months got free trips (sylvan lake) concerts no line/no cover at molson establishments etc.

reps have more responsibility and generally require a degree to get hired with molson anyways

T-Dubbs
02-22-2005, 01:13 PM
moutain crest is terrible.
i work for willow park liquor store, and we have reps in all the time, and they do free samples in the store.
i didnt think mountain crest was sold to restaurants thou.
they usually buy from liquor stores like mine.

thinmyster
02-22-2005, 01:14 PM
reps have to keep the owners happy distribute there budget evenly amongst there clients based on sales etc and importance. try and get them from switching to labbatts haha. found out that some place right beside the cecil is one of the biggest accounts in the city.??? the place where the premier frequents after the parade and whenever

ca2p3r
02-22-2005, 03:06 PM
how do you get into this ?

PGTze
02-22-2005, 05:01 PM
I beleive you also pitch your sales to liqour stores as well, sometimes a liqour rep only goes to pubs/restraunts, but since mountain crest is such a small company I'm sure you will pitch to liqour stores as well. I know this because my dad manages the supers store liqour stores in alberta, it's basicly a you scratch my back I'll scratch yours type deal. You convince places to buy mountain crest in bulk at a cheap price, and then they mark up the price so they make money off it using their establishment.

It's a sweet gig if you make your way higher up and into the bigger companies like molson's, theres tons of extra perks to the job. Namely sporting event tickets and such, molson's and labatts probably own like half the roughnecks season tickets lol. When the flames were playing molson had tons of tix too.

SikAssR1
02-22-2005, 05:20 PM
You can tell how ghetto Mountain crest is by the commercials they have.

ninspeed
02-22-2005, 06:26 PM
mountain crest is damm good beer, cuas its brewed here... and only 4.99 a 6/pk

GTS Jeff
02-24-2005, 12:37 AM
well damn, there is no fucking way im gona dupe ppl into buying shitty beer no matter how good the job is. thanks guys, ill keep looking.

if anyone knows of a good sales position open, lemme know. ive got a shitload of good sales experience and shit. (haha what a pitch to get hired eh?)

missblondie
02-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
well damn, there is no fucking way im gona dupe ppl into buying shitty beer no matter how good the job is. thanks guys, ill keep looking.

if anyone knows of a good sales position open, lemme know. ive got a shitload of good sales experience and shit. (haha what a pitch to get hired eh?)

I worked for Bacardi for a summer as a merch... definetly not a sales rep but at the same time most of those big companies won't hire you as a rep unless you have some experience in that industry. Some of the better companies to work for from what I have heard from people who work at them would be Diagio, Mark Anthony or Bacardi (from my personal experience).

sputnik
02-24-2005, 02:04 PM
what does a job like that even pay?

missblondie
02-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
what does a job like that even pay?

I made about $12.00/hour... i know bacardi is one of the lower paying companies though.. you also get milage on your vehicle too but be prepared to put a bunch of kilometers on

Pacman
02-24-2005, 05:26 PM
A sales rep for one of the bigger companies should get about 50k-70k base salary, potential for another 20k-30k in bonus, the free use of a car and other perks.

The liquor rep jobs are similar to Pharmaceutical and Consumer Packaged Goods (Kraft, Nabisco etc.) jobs.....you just call on restaurants/bars/liquor stores instead of grocery store managers and doctors.

missblondie
02-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
A sales rep for one of the bigger companies should get about 50k-70k base salary, potential for another 20k-30k in bonus, the free use of a car and other perks.

The liquor rep jobs are similar to Pharmaceutical and Consumer Packaged Goods (Kraft, Nabisco etc.) jobs.....you just call on restaurants/bars/liquor stores instead of grocery store managers and doctors.

They actually start at around 35,000 depending on experience, but yes, they do get a company van to use

Pacman
02-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by acuraxx

They actually start at around 35,000 depending on experience, but yes, they do get a company van to use

I guess it must depend on what kind of sales experience you bring to the table....as our company has lost a couple of sales reps to the liquor industry, and they definatly wouldn't have left for a salary in that range.