PDA

View Full Version : Reckless driver - Who do I contact in the RCMP?

awd
02-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Here is the deal:

Every morning on the way to work I am either tailgated or passed by this pyscho-female driving a Honda Element. Same story every morning, she drives 80-90km/h down the same narrow residential street - completely reckless.

Up until now I have shook my head and laughed, thinking she will get caught but this morning she passed me on a residential street and came within inches of smoking my car.

If a cop was to park on this street at 7:30am he would catch this idiot and give the silly bitch a ticket.

Anyways, rather than calling 911 -- who do I call in the RCMP?

discuss.

Ben
02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Well if you're in Calgary city limits you would call the Calgary Police at 266-1234 and file a report.

if you're outside of city limits you would call the RCMP instead.

Definatly call. I did that for the exact same thing, identical situation to yours and the cop was there the next morning to observe this lady in a red explorer, pass me on an uphill residential road while IN a playground zone at roughly 90km/h.

awd
02-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Well if you're in Calgary city limits you would call the Calgary Police at 266-1234 and file a report.

if you're outside of city limits you would call the RCMP instead.

Definatly call. I did that for the exact same thing, identical situation to yours and the cop was there the next morning to observe this lady in a red expplorer, pass me on an uphill residential road while IN a playground zone at roughly 90km/h.

Much appreciated Ben, I will call now.

ryder_23
02-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, i've made numerous calls to cps/rcmp for reckless/drunk drivers.

Depending on your location, and you need ot get ahold of rcmp, just look up that detachment, and the complaints line. Call, leave your info, and see what happens.

skidmark
02-23-2005, 10:25 AM
http://www.island.net/~cihp/complaint.html