PDA

View Full Version : Rant on hit and run drivers

5hift
02-22-2005, 05:11 PM
Just a rant because im soo pissed off right now....

This weekend I was picking up some things from the Westhills Superstore and as I was walking back to my car I saw a young asian girl in a Mercedes Benz SUV plow into the side of my car. She was trying to park in the spot beside me but hit my drivers side door, leaving a huge dent. She then proceded to continue driving scraping alongside my car, scratching up the whole side of the car, and breaking off my side mirror. Instead of stopping, she then floored it through (the parking spot opposite of where she was trying to park was empy) and took off. Because of the angle I was at and how she drove in between cars and took off, I was unable to get a license plate. Her car was so dirty that I could not even get a definite color of the car (most likley tan or gold). I filled out a police report but I'm guessing not much will come out of that.

Its just frustrating because I dont get how someone who cant even park can get a license. She'll drive off in her $70,000 SUV and forget about it, and im stuck with the costs for fixing up my car. If I do it myself Im guessing it will be several thousand or if i get insurnace to handle it I'm sure they will raise my premiums next year. :banghead:

240droptop
02-22-2005, 07:08 PM
I say go to all the local mercedes deler ships and tell them what happend and to keep an EYE out If she drive s a mrecedes most likely she will go to the dellear ship to get it fixed gl with catching her and I hope this helps

5hift
02-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah thats the only thing I can think of doing. Im not sure if a local Mercedes Dealer would rather turn in one of their customers or make a few thousand on repairs though. I talked to the police and they said without a plate all they can do put an alert out for the SUV. They have taken paint transfer off my car but they have to find the other car to prove it was her.

Any other ideas ?

Toms-SC
02-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 240droptop
I say go to all the local mercedes deler ships and tell them what happend and to keep an EYE out If she drive s a mrecedes most likely she will go to the dellear ship to get it fixed gl with catching her and I hope this helps

Sound advice! I do not think there is many benz dealers in Calgary.

Toms-SC
02-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Give us a couple more details about her SUV and your paint colour. We can keep an eye open :) Lots of members here.

baronsamedi
02-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Wow. Just wow. A Benz driver. Spends 70k on a Benz and can't even take responsiblilty for her shitty driving.

Let this be a lesson to you though, always park in the back. You won't regret it.

240droptop
02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Parking lots arnt safe all together I saw some guy getting out of his car and the wind cougth his door it looked and it jsut smashed the car beside it they were both nice cars and after the guy hopt back in his car and speed away! we chassed after him and got his liceance plate and he was cought two days later yah :thumbsup:

djayz
02-22-2005, 08:42 PM
yah and to those stupid people who leave shopping carts in the parking lots that are on slants:guns: :guns: :guns:

no offense to anybody but dont give an suv to a lady. they deserve their little 4 door banger cars and they are sposed to get them for a reason.
Over the last few years ive seen more ladys driving suvs and trucks then men...why? because they cant drive so for their safety they buy the biggest thing on the road so if n e thing happens they are safe but the other party is screwed.

*end rant...once again no offense to anybody or any lady drivers i know theres a few of you good ones out there.

5hift
02-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Give us a couple more details about her SUV and your paint colour. We can keep an eye open :) Lots of members here.

I'd appriciate anyone looking out for this. Well its a young asian girl (probably about 18) driving a Mercedes Suv. I wasn't able to see if it was a M430 or M320 (those are the SUV models i believe). I think it was gold/bronze/tan or some lighter color. Its hard to say for sure because the entire car was covered in a layer of dirt. If she has any damage it should be on the front or right side. However im pretty sure her damage is minimal considering her SUV is built like a tank (all the parts scattered in the parking spot were from my car).

So keep a look out if you can, I'm pretty sure teenage asian girls driving benz suvs are not that common.

GoChris
02-22-2005, 09:49 PM
:banghead: thats all i gotta say to women in SUVs (the majority of them, its true)

i hope the bitch gets caught. fucking people buying a license, learn to drive.

Go4Long
02-22-2005, 09:54 PM
someone drove straight into my rx7 in the upstairs parking lot at chinook the week after it got here...left a square dent with almost no scratch...it's stupid really...hope you catch this chick...

asp integra
02-22-2005, 10:23 PM
unfortunately up in the westhills area there are alot of asian people and they all seem to be driving mercedes, but i will keep an eye out

Ferio_vti
02-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Thats like at work. I work at Propak out in Airdrie, we have our own parking lot. You'd think people would respect fellow coworkers' cars.
But no. I swear, I've got more door dings and scratches from work than at the mall. I know other coworkers with huge dents in their bumpers or doors.

People have no respect for others. Hence why I drive a beater now.

thinmyster
02-22-2005, 11:59 PM
yah but it seems that no matter how far away you park and how much space is around someone always ends up parking right beside you!!!:dunno:

240droptop
02-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Yah i've noticed that you coudl be all alone in a parking lot when you get there so you park in the middle ish then when you come out there two cars inlcudeing your and hes right besdie you:banghead:

kenny
02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Go hit up the benz dealers, then goto Distinctive by mcknight thats where all the repairs are sent to. See if anything matching the description shows up.

/////AMG
02-23-2005, 02:49 PM
:banghead: Sorry to hear man. It's a real bitch when your so close but so far from catching that person red handed. Anywya I hope someone spots the SUV for her.

You could also do this. If you drive by or clos ea MB Dealership regularly, just go around the lot and see if you can find the SUV parked on the side or behind the dealership (maybe where all the car scome for service too). If the dealership won't tell you who it is you should try what I mentioned. Good luck mate.