PDA

View Full Version : led windsheild sprayers, I need help!!

CreepNCherry559
02-23-2005, 03:16 PM
I need help on how to install led windsheild sprayers on my 98 Dodge Neon. They need to be plugged in the cigarrette lighter in order for the lights to work, is there an easier way to get the lights to work without accessing the interior? If not then how do I access the interior from under the hood so I can plug them into the cigarrette lighter? I am new to this and am just starting to cusomize my car so I don't know a whole lot about wiring and all of that stuff. Please help!!:dunno:

QuasarCav
02-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Follow the speedo cable or the ECU cables that go through the firewall. Cut a little notch in the grommet and feed the lines through

Oh and dont forget to disconnect the battery cable when you are dealing with wiring.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I cant believe I typed that with a straight face.

three.eighteen.
02-23-2005, 03:35 PM
its easier if you just secure some double a's underneath each LED and power it with the batteries

eblend
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
or take em off because they are not very cool...to be nice about it

but if u must.cut off the sig lighter thing, strip the wires and hook em up to your headlight wires..that way they will only come on when ur headlights are on.

streetarab
02-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
its easier if you just secure some double a's underneath each LED and power it with the batteries
ummmm, that might be a good idea, this kid i know had them and he cut the wiring cuz they got so annoying, and in the first place, please dont do this to your neon, thanks...

idriveabox
02-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CreepNCherry559
I need help on how to install led windsheild sprayers on my 98 Dodge Neon. They need to be plugged in the cigarrette lighter in order for the lights to work, is there an easier way to get the lights to work without accessing the interior? If not then how do I access the interior from under the hood so I can plug them into the cigarrette lighter? I am new to this and am just starting to cusomize my car so I don't know a whole lot about wiring and all of that stuff. Please help!!:dunno:

:thumbsdow

Just don't :rofl:

sullygully
03-03-2005, 02:08 PM
He asked how to install them. He didn't ask you guys if you like them or not. Different strokes for different folks. Answer the question at hand, and be done with it.

Rockski
03-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by eblend

but if u must.cut off the sig lighter thing, strip the wires and hook em up to your headlight wires..that way they will only come on when ur headlights are on.

OR take the wiring from the cig lighter, strip the wires, hook them up in there, and throw a rocker switch in so you can turn them on and off with a switch... just a thought... but then your gonna have to cut a small spot in your dash for the rocker switch to sit. just do it under your dash so its not noticable...

liztic
03-03-2005, 03:00 PM
i agree with sully, too many people flamming, not enough helping.........perhaps those flamming should remember that they once had no clue either

TaiChino
04-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by eblend

Quote *but if you must* Remember when dealing with most cigarette lighter adapters, it's meant to run on a 12 volt system - hence a car - so stripping the wires and soldering them yourself to whatever kind of power you choose, eg. ignition, park lights, etc. Makes things easier to operate, not to mention a cleaner looking car on the inside. Lighter adapters are for chumps.

googe
04-29-2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by liztic
i agree with sully, too many people flamming, not enough helping.........perhaps those flamming should remember that they once had no clue either

hes not being flamed for not having a clue, hes being flamed for making his car annoying looking

dragonone
04-29-2005, 08:24 AM
haha
i actually have these too but i never connected them 'cause i just wanted the sprayers body color

CIVIC_MAN
04-29-2005, 08:38 PM
for the love of God no windshield washer LED's

CIVIC_MAN
04-29-2005, 08:38 PM
but i mean its ur car....:rolleyes:

A790
05-01-2005, 01:05 PM
... says the Civic man?

If the guy wants them, leave him alone.

You can wire the LED wires to just about any 12V power source. Cut off the cigarette adapter, splice the + and - wires and just connect them to a 12V source.

Installing them to a switch is easy as hell too. Bring them in through the firewall (find a gromet that's already there) and just connect them to the back of the switch as per the specific switch's instructions, then to the power source (you COULD still adapt it to use the cigarette lighter source). That way they won't be on all the time.

Here, here's a diagram of how you COULD wire it.