PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at South Center?

Dope Dealer
12-24-2002, 12:16 AM
Anyone know what happened?

Heard it was gang related, nothing on City Beat yet.

eur0
12-24-2002, 12:16 AM
i saw like 10 cop cars there but saw nothin else? :dunno:

Dope Dealer
12-24-2002, 12:18 AM
Some guy got shot, critical condition.

RSeXy
12-24-2002, 12:18 AM
what is happening to calgary?! it doesn't feel safe anymore.

Dope Dealer
12-24-2002, 12:20 AM
"December, 23, 2003 - A young man is in critical condition after a shooting at Southcentre Mall.

It happened around six thirty this evening outside the Indigo bookstore. Police say a dark coloured car sped by and open-fired. A group of young men were standing together when a bullet hit one of them. The young man was rushed to the Rockyview Hospital by friends.

Police say he has life-threatening injuries. They're talking to witnesses and the Police Gang Unit in now involved in the investigation.

Another bullet went through the window into the bookstore, alarming Christmas shoppers on the busiest shopping day of the year."

DSM Power
12-24-2002, 12:29 AM
What the fuck is this city coming too? :banghead: :banghead:

LaughingTiger
12-24-2002, 12:33 AM
I think it must have been over christmas gifts....thers alot of rage around christmas..............j/k

Pete92SL
12-24-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger
I think it must have been over christmas gifts....thers alot of rage around christmas..............j/k

dude, I know your joking, but it was one of the scariest thing's I've seen in this city man......I've seen people get stabbed before too...

The bullet hole in the glass at the mall....I could have fit two hands through it!

Pete

finboy
12-24-2002, 02:07 AM
daaaaaaaamn.

told ya the city was going to shit.

GTS Jeff
12-24-2002, 02:15 AM
still better than etown...here i ride the buses in fear (while hte car is in the shop) and the only non-ghetto is campus..

bol
12-24-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by finboy
daaaaaaaamn.

told ya the city was going to shit.

heh if you guys only knew all the shit that went on

see this is only the stuff that you hear about, because there were lots of witnesses and it was 'fairly' public.

think of what isn't made public.

boi-alien
12-24-2002, 03:16 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

At 6:30 PM on Dec 23, 2002, shots were fired from a vehicle
at the Southcentre Mall. One male was critically injured
when he was struck by several rounds fired.

The store behind the victim was also struck and bullets
entered through the window entering a very busy store. No
one was injured inside the store.

Police believe the male victim was the intended target and
that this shooting was not random.

Some witnesses state that a white male was seen and possibly
involved in the shooting.

He is associated to a black late model Honda Prelude with
tinted windows and blue colored head lights.

mrmattyk
12-24-2002, 03:20 AM
Damn............. I am speachless

bol
12-24-2002, 03:21 AM
Forty-five caliber killer, right out of the Phila- -dela thriller show you brothers how you not a guerilla
Smooth talkin, fully automatic weapon concealer

heh

Ben
12-24-2002, 03:22 AM
this is getting out of hand.

Stratus_Power
12-24-2002, 03:48 AM
better not be by or at an azn.. they are giving us Asian a bad name

mrmattyk
12-24-2002, 03:50 AM
Asian's dont have a bad rap. Leb's do, and like 99% of them are the nicest and most decent people on the planet :(

Ben
12-24-2002, 04:10 AM
you know its bad when you are in a group and they wont let you into a bar/club due to your nationality. Happened to me before in Vancouver, was the only white guy a group of asian and leb friends and I was the only one allowed in, told them to fuck themselves and we all left.

sexualbanana
12-24-2002, 04:15 AM
ok honestly. this city's crime rate is nothing compared to other cities. i don't see what u guys r complaining about. a lot of cops say it too. a friend of mine is a cop and she says calgary's nothing compared to other cities like winnipeg, edmonton, vancouver and toronto.

mrmattyk
12-24-2002, 04:17 AM
If you have a beef with someone do what you must to THEM and ONLY THEM. Don't shoot at them at a mall when you could easily miss and kill someone innocent. I mean I know people get shot, killed and murdered which isn't ok at all. But it's horrible when innocent bystanders are around. They should not be involved in these violent situations and that's unacceptable since they did nothing. Someone that is a target might have done something really rotten to you, but why does an innocent person that has done you no harm or probably never met you have to suffer?

girlRACER
12-24-2002, 04:23 AM
That's a shock. I always thought things down in the far SE were a little quieter. I always go to South Centre and park near that entrance.

James
12-24-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER
That's a shock. I always thought things down in the far SE were a little quieter. I always go to South Centre and park near that entrance.

Me too...kinda scary

:(

van
12-24-2002, 08:09 AM
shit happens like this everyday. dont know why you guys are so surprised for.

ancient
12-24-2002, 08:40 AM
AHhhhhhhh fuck, thats my exact car almost.....

Cept I have no tint...... Mother fuckers!!!!!

ecstasyracer
12-24-2002, 01:05 PM

Great yet another reason for the general public and police to hate us import enthusiests. Why can't these idiots do this stupid sh!t in a volvo or some piece of junk car.

Hakkola
12-24-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by bol

heh if you guys only knew all the shit that went on

see this is only the stuff that you hear about, because there were lots of witnesses and it was 'fairly' public.

think of what isn't made public.

Word, crap happens like everyday, I've seen so much crap that never makes it to the news, hell, I was driving home from SAIT one night during the summer and there was a standoff going on at the gas station across the street as I was leaving, a lot of police cars and officers were there, crazy, but it never made the news.

DSM Power
12-24-2002, 01:48 PM
I always thought things down in the far SE were a little quieter.

Ditto. :(

Ben
12-24-2002, 01:49 PM
That's a shock. I always thought things down in the far SE were a little quieter..

Commences Rooftop perch with .375 H&H Mag

cocoabrova
12-24-2002, 01:54 PM
Calgary is definitely not AS bad as the major coastal cities, but one of the biggest reasons I decided to move back from Van was the "small-townness" and all of its pros.... I give Calgary another decade before it becomes like Vancouver or T.O.:thumbsdow

theken
12-24-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

tinted windows and blue colored head lights.

that only describes about 5 thousand cars here

theken
12-24-2002, 05:29 PM
never see a probe or a MR2 doing anything illegal right James

ramminghard
12-24-2002, 06:29 PM
I just heard on the news that the victim is no longer in life-threratening condition and police are looking for a white male in a black honda prelude. it is also believed that the victim knows the shooter.

BarryBeach
12-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer

Great yet another reason for the general public and police to hate us import enthusiests. Why can't these idiots do this stupid sh!t in a volvo or some piece of junk car.

I didn't see anywhere in the reported shooting saying "hate all import enthusiasts." I think you're jumping to conclusions ... which is probably how the whole ordeal took place by someone jumping to conclusions and doing something irrational. I think we should all just chill out about this, be thankful no one was killed and just use this as a lesson, & THINK BEFORE YOU ACT !!

sorry for the rant ...