PDA

View Full Version : ticket help!!

Impreza
12-24-2002, 01:46 AM
i know there have been many threads on this topic, i have read alot if not most of them today. But nothing really pertains to my exact situation. I got a ticket on my way back from Lake Louise to Banff. The limit is 90 and i was goin 132km/hr. So i was 42km/hr. My ticket is $223, i know i am a dumbass and all by going this much over, but what should i do? i really can't afford my ticket right now!! i am so broke!! will i end up spending more if i call points?? how many demerits will be taken off? how much will this affect my insurance?? should i talk to the crown prosecutor first? if i talk to the prosector, what should i say in terms of reasons for going so fast??
Thanks

finboy
12-24-2002, 01:56 AM
talk to the crown prosecutor.

as for lake louise, watch yourself there.

the rest of the highway is fair game (i usually did 140-160) but the 90 zones are HEAVILY guarded.

you can also request more time to pay.

one more question, do you take the ticket to a calgary court or do you have to go somewhere out there?

Light_Speed
12-24-2002, 01:58 AM
u might loose 6 points because thats how much i lost when i got a ticken on the highway
did u get pulled over by RCMP

GTS Jeff
12-24-2002, 02:20 AM
yes talk to the prosecutor
dont worry about an excuse...just go at a busy time so the dude wont even have time to bs with u...he'll just reduce the ticket and send u on your way
man i speed to banff and back every single time i go...and i used to go twice a week
and ive never goten a ticket on hwy1
and ppl that do deserve it
next time
just follow someone else thats speeding and dont be the...
white rabbit.
or get a radar detector
or just learn where the cops hide
(like me)
oh yea
u know those turns with the warning to slow down to 90kmh by the factory with a lake?
those are sweeeeeeet turns for busting thru at 170

OPGForce
12-24-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

dont worry about an excuse...just go at a busy time so the dude wont even have time to bs with u...he'll just reduce the ticket and send u on your way

When is it not busy??? :dunno: If you have ever been down there, you will notice that the place is a "ZOO".

GTS Jeff
12-24-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by OPGForce

When is it not busy??? :dunno: If you have ever been down there, you will notice that the place is a "ZOO". ive onyl been there once :dunno:

ninjak84
12-24-2002, 03:54 AM
I don't quite understand "talking to the corwn prosecutor"....
Do I have to do it ON my court date? Or can it be done before then?
Where can I do this?

Light_Speed
12-24-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Where can I do this?
there should be a date on your ticket to do this
and the place u do it at is on the back of the ticket

redline_13000
12-24-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

u know those turns with the warning to slow down to 90kmh by the factory with a lake?
those are sweeeeeeet turns for busting thru at 170

ahaha..i never slow down around there..usually go like 130..haha

GTS Jeff
12-24-2002, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Where can I do this? u know the place where u pay the ticket and theres a line up? look to the right approximately 11 meters and thats where the crown prosecs. office is.

all u do is this..

[list=1]
stand in line where everyone else stands
wait your turn
the guy behind the glass asks whether u plead guilty to hte ticket, not guilty, or whether u wana talk to the prosec.
tell em u wana talk to the prosecutor
theyll make u wait for the prosec...about 45min....then the prosec steps out of his office and calls out your name
u walk in
he says "what can i do for u?"
u say "reduce my ticket"
then go from there!
[/list=1]

Ben
12-24-2002, 04:43 AM
That crown prosecuter guy is great, he threw out my bogus stunting ticket for hionking my horn (138 bucks and 3 demerits) and just wrote it as a 69 dollar noise violation

Impreza
12-24-2002, 11:51 AM
i was pulled over by the rcmp

Impreza
12-25-2002, 11:38 AM
FRIK!! i just looked at my ticket again and my court date is at the provincial court in BANFF!!! i dont want to drive back up there!! what should i do now?? does the crown prosecutor in banff have any grace?? how many demerits will i lose for being 42 over?? has anyone else been in a similar situation (caught for speeding in banff), please help!!!!

Impreza
12-26-2002, 02:58 PM
anyone??

FiveFreshFish
12-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
FRIK!! i just looked at my ticket again and my court date is at the provincial court in BANFF!!! i dont want to drive back up there!! what should i do now?? does the crown prosecutor in banff have any grace?? how many demerits will i lose for being 42 over?? has anyone else been in a similar situation (caught for speeding in banff), please help!!!!

You'll get 4 points if convicted. Dunno about the rest since I've never been stopped by the Mounties.