PDA

View Full Version : What should I buy?

davidI
02-23-2005, 11:11 PM
I've got $110 CDN in my paypal account that I want to burn up and I figure I might as well buy some fitness stuff. I don't really want supps unless there is a site with some smokin deals but I'm lookin for stuff like shirts, grippers, hoodies, or other fitness related gear. I know bodybuidling.com uses paypal, any other good sites?

I've looked a bit on ebay but by the time you pay for shipping on there you're broke.

davidI
02-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Anyone used heavy grips or captains of crush? I'm thinking about picking up the set of these http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/Heavy_Grips/heavy_grips.html
but I dunno if I'll get charged duties and customs and stuff.

hockeybronx
02-24-2005, 01:02 AM
I have used a similar product as these heavy grips for quite some time now.

They are definetely an excellent tool for strengthening of the hands, wrists, and forearms.

I read that the one had 100 lbs of pressure and the other 300 lbs, that sounds pretty good as my biggest complaint with the ones I've used is that I have to do 40-50 squeezes with both hands at the same time to get any sort of burn.

If you can work out the shipping and duties then I'd say go for it:thumbsup:

Another suggestion I would give you if you are looking for some protein would be:

http://www.supplementscanada.com/popeyes/prolab_2lb_whey_van.html

davidI
02-24-2005, 02:02 AM
Yea, these grippers aren't anything like the ones you find in your normal sporting good stores. I just dropped $100 and bought the set of 5 - 100, 150, 200, 250 and 300 pound grips. The ones you usually find in stores are apparently around 40-60 pound grips.

There are actually bulletin boards dedicated to people who use these grips. Apparently it's quite the culture and a huge deal to work your way up the line. Maybe I can bring some of the Captain of Crush spirit to beyond after I get mine and try them out!

TrevorK
02-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by davidI
Yea, these grippers aren't anything like the ones you find in your normal sporting good stores. I just dropped $100 and bought the set of 5 - 100, 150, 200, 250 and 300 pound grips. The ones you usually find in stores are apparently around 40-60 pound grips.

There are actually bulletin boards dedicated to people who use these grips. Apparently it's quite the culture and a huge deal to work your way up the line. Maybe I can bring some of the Captain of Crush spirit to beyond after I get mine and try them out!

Once you get them, if you ever want to sell any post them up here - I know I've been interested in purchasing them, but buying one would probably cost 30-40.....

davidI
02-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK

Once you get them, if you ever want to sell any post them up here - I know I've been interested in purchasing them, but buying one would probably cost 30-40.....

yea, all 5 worked out to just over $100 CDN I think. I'm not sure what customs and duties will be like yet though so they may be around $30/piece by the time it's all said and done. I just went for it and got all 5 because it would cost so much to pay for shipping again each time I move up a size. Plus there are workouts written out where you use a few different gripper strengths. I never knew there was a huge underground world of gripper nuts lol.

Weapon_R
02-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Next time, just transfer the cash to your bank account here if you are wondering what to do with it.

davidI
02-24-2005, 01:18 PM
I think there is a fee to do that is there not?

davidI
02-24-2005, 01:20 PM
I just looked into it, I guess it is only $.50 for less than $150 so I probably should have done that! Oh well, now I'll be able to crush walnuts with my bare hands.

Weapon_R
02-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Yep its only 50 cents, but if you have over $150 its absolutely free!

RiceCube
02-24-2005, 05:20 PM
I just looked into it, I guess it is only $.50 for less than $150 so I probably should have done that! Oh well, now I'll be able to crush walnuts with my bare hands.

is that a good thing??? and uhhh some certain other things needs a grip not that strong eh...

davidI
02-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by RiceCube

is that a good thing??? and uhhh some certain other things needs a grip not that strong eh...

Can you no longer post in any thread that I have to read please. Every single time I read something written by you it is either annoying, dumb, or useless. I dont' know why you feel the need to post in just about every health and fitness thread when it is obvious you have nothing to contribute.

Just incase you actually are as dumb as your post makes you sound, I'm pretty sure you'll notice that you have control over your muscles enough to make a light grip (handshake) and tight grip (open a jar). Either you're six or a post whore, haven't quite figured it out yet.

:rolleyes:

hockeybronx
02-24-2005, 06:57 PM

Can you no longer post in any thread that I have to read please. Every single time I read something written by you it is either annoying, dumb, or useless. I dont' know why you feel the need to post in just about every health and fitness thread when it is obvious you have nothing to contribute.

Just incase you actually are as dumb as your post makes you sound, I'm pretty sure you'll notice that you have control over your muscles enough to make a light grip (handshake) and tight grip (open a jar). Either you're six or a post whore, haven't quite figured it out yet.

:rolleyes:

:werd:
I'd definetely agree to that. Don't know who this guy is but I'm definetely getting sick of seeing his bizarre posts in each thread.

DavidI: if you really want to get rid of him, just add him to your ignore list. Then you wont see any of his posts anymore.

davidI
02-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Good idea! He's ignored!