PDA

View Full Version : who tunes a BMW well?

T-Dubbs
02-24-2005, 01:28 AM
as topic says
id like to get my engine tuned up. anyone have a really good tuner with a dyno?
toma/rage?
reg reimer?
dr.Lightspeed?

btw, below is a list of my mods:
¨ Headwork performed by Korman Racing in the US comprised of porting and polishing head, port matching intake manifold to head, larger valves, competition valve springs, titanium value spring retainers, polished and shot peened rockers arms and Schrick 286 cam
¨ Superchip

Todd

Corolla_Blaster
02-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Kinda off topic but does port and polish really do anything?

Ben
02-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Corolla_Blaster
Kinda off topic but does port and polish really do anything?

LOL.

You serious?

making your head breathe a lot better than stock makes a huge difference.

statick
02-24-2005, 09:46 AM
tunerworks has done reputable work with bimmers

Corolla_Blaster
02-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Ben

LOL.

You serious?

making your head breathe a lot better than stock makes a huge difference.
Well I have heard it is just a waste of money to do.:dunno:

rage2
02-24-2005, 04:15 PM
You need a standalone for me (or pretty much anyone else) to do anything. Reg I believe has E30 software so he can tune your superchips to match your configuration. But he's pricey.

T-Dubbs
02-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by rage2
You need a standalone for me (or pretty much anyone else) to do anything. Reg I believe has E30 software so he can tune your superchips to match your configuration. But he's pricey.
but if reg is the only one with the software, i really dont have much of a choice.
anyone know his website addy?

rage2
02-25-2005, 09:57 AM
You do have a choice. Either:

a) Go to reg, tune your chip. If you mod other stuff in the future, you'll need to retune the chip and only through reg.

b) Install standalone. Learn to tune. If you mod other stuff in the future, you can just adjust your settings and be on your way.

I learned how to tune (I started in 2001) and it's so easy making any changes. It took 2 mins to remap for bigger injectors, and about 5 mins on a completely new engine, bigger displacement, bigger injectors bigger turbo, etc. That's why I would always push for standalone and for the owners to LEARN how to tune themselves.

T-Dubbs
02-25-2005, 02:16 PM
where do i buy standalone? and how much is it?

rage2
02-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Check with Marc @ Alpine Autowerks. 287-9114. He did the SDS install on my car.