PDA

View Full Version : FS: 86 MR2 (cheap!)

mattviolini
02-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey, I am getting rid of my red 86 mr2 which is essentially a parts car, has no engine in it, but was a project car that never got started. It has 250k on the body, which is pretty rough, needs some paint and dent removal work. The frame is straight and everything works really well and it comes with a blue-top 4ag engine that needs a rebuild, or swap in a 20v or other 4age motor(5-700$$)
PM me if you want more details, and I will have pictures this weekend..
Looking for $900.

Thanks

litfl
02-24-2005, 05:10 PM
is it the 2 toned red and black or is it jsut red?
how much approximate cost for rebuild on the 4ag?

mattviolini
02-24-2005, 06:36 PM
its just red all over, but believe me it is not a nice red:)!!! it really does need new paint, and yes there is some rust around the left rear wheel well , which is also dented, other than that there are a few other small fixable dents. It has a removable sunroof but unfortunately it is cracked, still keeps the rain out, but is cracked badly. the good thing about the car is the under-side and all the mechanics are in really good shape, just the body that needs attention. brakes are like new as well. to rebuild the 4ag, its probably just better to buy a used JDM motor for like i said $500-700. but the engine is good for parts, or to sell, there are alot of corolla and mr2 owners out there that would probably like it for parts...with a new engine and paint, it would be a really sweet ride, so i figured to do it, its about 1500-3000 project, depending on what kind of paint/engine/installation you get
oh and i will get pics this weekend when i get into town,
thanks again