PDA

View Full Version : A stupid "which car?" thread

Euro_Trash
02-24-2005, 10:06 PM
I never thought I would ever make this choice, but my girlfriends dad has gave me some ideas which I think are pretty convincing. I am a big VW guy (and I thought I would never leave VW's, and if I do get rid of this one the first car I buy in 5 years will be a Corrado again) and Mark (my girlfriends dad) is a Mustang guy (has a 2000 GT and a 1970 Boss 302) He picked up a 4.6L out of a 96 Mustang, and is planning on rebuilding it. So now I have the choice of buying a mustang shell and dropping the motor into it. With the money I sold my car with I could probably buy a shell, supercharge the motor, exhaust, rims, paint, and maybe a bit of interior work. With a car like that I could have the 300+ HP, RWD car that I have always dreamed of. However, the Corrado has always been my dream car, and even though I know it will never make more than 250 HP, it brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it, and I know that I wont see 13 other corrados everytime I go for a drive. So the big question is: power or rarity? Let me know your opinions

cman
02-24-2005, 10:09 PM
go with your heart...its a tough choice, i know what i would pick but to each their own.

Weapon_R
02-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Power.

powerslave
02-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Corrado, what else would you expect to hear from me, I might be a little biased, but I just love it ;)

Seriously though, its up to you, like you said, either drive a car that you know for a fact you won't see another on the road, or a drive a pretty nice fast RWD car.

thinmyster
02-25-2005, 11:02 AM
rarity thats why i love my car so much even tho its an N/A vroom vroom stick with the corrado IMO.. if the guy wasnt so firm on his price that would have been my first car. turns out i found my mr2 the day after
jon

cressida_pimpin
02-25-2005, 11:05 AM
go with wat you want to buy, not wat u can get a deal on. if u want the corrado over the mustang than get the vw
just my opinion

BokCh0y
02-25-2005, 11:10 AM
I'd pick the car that's orignal. I know how it feels (before when I owned my accord) to see the same type of car i had everywhere. The last thing you want is to have the same mustang as the guy across the street or be at a light and some dude pulls up driving the same color car. Personally I like the Corrado. Beautiful car, rare, orginal and it sticks out in a crowd. Plus if you do tune it so it's close to 250hp......damn that's a light car. It'll fly!!!!!!!

IMO go with the Corrado.

Z_Fan
02-25-2005, 11:13 AM
If you really love the Corrado, I'd stay with it...unless your guest for power is more important. Besides, eventually you'll be able to have and afford more than one vehicle - and then you can play around and build a higher HP car...

I got rid of my 350Z Track Pack because I didn't love it as much as my 300ZX. Go figure. It's not like the 350Z isn't an awesome car, because it is, but I just really really really prefer the 300.

Bottom line is if you enjoy driving, then I'd always pick the car that keeps a smile on your face when you are using it...

ZorroAMG
02-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Personally I hate the 94-2000 mustangs and love VW, so my choice would be simple...

That said, I'm not buying either of them, you are. Buy what you really want and forget this forum.

Euro_Trash
02-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Yea I know to buy what I want, but thats the thing, I was right in the middle of the 2, and the only people who I could ask were either devoted to Imports or devoted to Domestics, so it was not help at all. I realized that I can't let the Corrado go, I just don't think I could even force myself to sell it. Instead I am going to buy the mustang as a project car (and yes not the 96 body style, I share the same opinion: uuuuuugly) but instead a 87-91 T-Top, and build it over time. Thanks for the responses:thumbsup:

Ben
02-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Good. Keep the Raddo. Id kick you if you got rid of that for a ford.

And yes, thats why I bought my car, cause I know I wont see a dozen of them if I drive down 17th in the summer eves.

Mr. Burns
02-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Corrado for sure. Everyone and their mom drives a stang.

1badPT
02-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Power. :thumbsup: