PDA

View Full Version : so my rented van got jacked at Lake Louise...

Seks
12-24-2002, 12:11 PM
Happned on Sunday. 8 sets of board/ski equipment got stolen even though we got a huge piece of white sheet covering the equipment. Windows were tinted. Those fuckers picked the lock on the right passenger front door.

Anyone know if home or auto insurance may cover theft of contents? I don't have anything of my own stolen though.

My visa platinum only covers collision or damage to a rental vechile.

fuckers

:(

LowRiderHD2000
12-24-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm in Orlando and our rental also got broken into. We had nothing inside. At least they didn't steal it.

GTS Jeff
12-24-2002, 01:39 PM
oh shit, where were u parked? the ski resorts main parking lots?

RX-7_TWINTURBO
12-24-2002, 02:16 PM
That sucks
Where did you rent the van from ?
Most agency's offer insurance on personal belongings
if you did'nt take it you are pretty much screwed

Si_FlyGuy
12-24-2002, 02:31 PM
That sucks:( Sounds like that aussie couple who got everything stolen from their van in nose hill while on vacation a few days ago. They were gone for 15 mins and the van was pried open. They couldn't even get a new passport since the Australian embassy is in Vancouver.

Hmm...maybe I'll become a professional thief who steals from thieves.....

theken
12-24-2002, 05:38 PM
I just looked at the topic and thought it would be funny but, dude that sucks.

mwmhong
12-24-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
That sucks:( Sounds like that aussie couple who got everything stolen from their van in nose hill while on vacation a few days ago.

Yes, the Nose Hill lot at John Laurie and Brisebois has at least 2 auto break-ins a week. :thumbsdow

eur0
12-24-2002, 07:57 PM
how do you know they picked the lock? sorry to hear your loss man, thieves are a real piss off :thumbsdow

Seks
12-25-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
oh shit, where were u parked? the ski resorts main parking lots?

lots 3/4. father away from base area/lodges.

Seks
12-25-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
That sucks
Where did you rent the van from ?
Most agency's offer insurance on personal belongings
if you did'nt take it you are pretty much screwed

The visa platinium i have which I used covers the collision and damage to a rental vehicle. Does not cover theft of belongings in the vehicle.

So yes i'm SOL.

I can see about buying collision insurance for the vehicle itself but who would have thought that we also need insurance for theft of contents? :(

Seks
12-25-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by tbk49
how do you know they picked the lock? sorry to hear your loss man, thieves are a real piss off :thumbsdow

http://members.shaw.ca/seks/pictures/broken-lock-01.jpg

Those fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still pissed at the whole situation.

So does anyone know if each individual's home/parents home insurance may cover theft?