PDA

View Full Version : Finally pics of my drift machine....

Sky
02-25-2005, 12:13 AM
such a nice day out for pictures.....can't wait until summer tires go on..

roll bar will come soon hopefully......still scared it might be alot of work to put it on...

Sky
02-25-2005, 12:14 AM
pic 2

GQBalla
02-25-2005, 12:52 AM
i like it!!!!

gpomp
02-25-2005, 02:27 AM
not digging the wing nor the 4x4 stance... why does it look so jacked up?

Team_Mclaren
02-25-2005, 02:28 AM
minus the wing and get some good suspension and you'll have a winner!

7thgenvic
02-25-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
minus the wing and get some good suspension and you'll have a winner!
woood! and start your suspension! ya its one thing to drift, but your sitting like a 4X4 about to tip over when your going to drift that thang

Sky
02-25-2005, 03:30 AM
stock suspension ride height sucks:banghead: thinking about Tein Type Flex

If I get a coilover suspension....will I be able to adjust the height each year going through winter and not getting it rusted?? it will be nice to lower it in summer and jack it back up for winter??

too bad I dunno how to do it myself...or I would be swapping in the OEM suspension for winter...

JordanEG6
02-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Sky

If I get a coilover suspension....will I be able to adjust the height each year going through winter and not getting it rusted?? it will be nice to lower it in summer and jack it back up for winter??

too bad I dunno how to do it myself...or I would be swapping in the OEM suspension for winter...

coil overs usually come with a coilover wrench. all you need to do is put the car up on a jack and use the wrench to lower or raise the height. but you gotta make sure your raising them all the same length hehe. and another thing, after doing this, you'll need to go get an alignment again. and if its just the coilovers your getting, i suggest aftermarket shocks too b/c it will beat the crap out of your stock shocks. but tein flex dampers are awesome and come with shocks and strut so no worries. good choice. :thumbsup:

-=MJ=-
02-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Sky

most true coilovers (spring and strut) are not recomended to be used under -2 celcuis. they fluid gets too cold and can freeze. go to oem in the winter and you will be fine

rage2
02-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by -=MJ=-
most true coilovers (spring and strut) are not recomended to be used under -2 celcuis. they fluid gets too cold and can freeze. go to oem in the winter and you will be fine
I run my coilovers year round. -40C weather. Never a problem.

Sky
02-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by rage2

could you still adjust the coilover after winter??...no problem with dirt and rust on the threads?? probably need some WD40?

7thgenvic
02-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Sky

could you still adjust the coilover after winter??...no problem with dirt and rust on the threads?? probably need some WD40?

you won't get a whole lot! but once you learn who to change your shocks, you might as well just throw back on your stock when winter comes around!

-=MJ=-
02-25-2005, 07:03 PM

i know teins, tanabe and D2's for 240's say not to use under -2 but other could be ok

Weapon_R
02-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Please do yourself a favour and take that wing off.

Otherwise, Miatas are cool cars.

autospeed
02-25-2005, 07:55 PM
^agreed about the wing:barf:
aside from that great lookin car

turbojohngt
02-25-2005, 08:10 PM
www.flyinmiata.com :thumbsup: :D

illeagle
02-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Please do yourself a favour and take that wing off.

Otherwise, Miatas are cool cars.

werd.. looks funny with the roof down. Very nice car though, what are you running for summer wheels?

Zephyr
02-25-2005, 08:23 PM
That thing got a hemi? lol

nice ride dude! my gf wanted one of those... she thinks they're cute girl cars :rofl:

props to ur car though :thumbsup:

Sky
02-25-2005, 08:33 PM
I'll probably leave the wing on there......Its original and I like it :D
atleast its not some aluminum canadian tire wing...

trying to get the looks of those D1 Cars...

Chester
02-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Nice car man, but that wing looks like it adds about 50 pounds to the rear cuz its so big and the car is tiny. But its your car so do whatever you like:thumbsup:

infected
02-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Looks great

Nice car :thumbsup:

djayz
02-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Sky
I'll probably leave the wing on there......Its original and I like it :D
atleast its not some aluminum canadian tire wing...

trying to get the looks of those D1 Cars...

your car is far from looking like that...

nice car otherwise but if you had a lip instead of a wing it would look hot

Bucktown
02-26-2005, 08:14 PM
i like the wing personally....is it c/f? with some gunmetal rims and a hood, it will look even better. goes good with the color.

LUDELVR
02-26-2005, 09:21 PM
the only thing I would add is a bigger FMIC! haha, get rid of the mini me!!!! Shouldn't be too difficult to swap out! :thumbsup:

Ben
02-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Unless that car has 400+ hp and is only track driven, lose the wing and lower the car. Yeah the wing is original and yes it's not some bargain basement one, but I dunno...it just added weight.

Sky
02-26-2005, 09:57 PM
good advice and comments.....thanks guys...more mods will come....but slowly..*enjoying factory warranty*:D

Sky
02-26-2005, 10:00 PM
forgot to mention its half CF...."top part"

badd
02-26-2005, 11:09 PM
i like mine more

VVVVVV

Kirbs17
02-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Im likin the car. I was never a fan of miatas (too small imo) but that looks pretty nice. The wing is a toss up. In that once picture, it looks awesome. Any numbers on the Hp/torque side of things?

Lo)2enz0
02-27-2005, 07:15 PM
i still love those mazda speed miata's. I still get a kick out of how small the intercooler is cause I never thought I would see one smaller than mine. But ya, with some body work, you can pull off the D1 grand prix style it is different on a miata.

youngbex
02-27-2005, 07:29 PM
do it the way you look it, its your car, not theres! looking good man!

dj_honda
02-27-2005, 08:39 PM
nice car...and nice winter wheels

i agree about the wing, i don't like it, but if you are gonna keep it, maybe do some more exterior mods, like a clean body kit thats a bit more than just the mazdaspeed trim or something, so that the wing doesn't look so out of the ordinary and out of place.

definitely needs to be lowered as well like people have said.

Carfanman
02-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Nice.

I assume since you posted it here you were looking for opinions, In which case I must say I dont like the wing.

However It is your car so leave it if you want.

Otherwise, sweet!

Carfanman
02-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by illeagle

looks funny with the roof down.

Im not sure but I think the reason for that is because the windows are up.

cycosis
02-27-2005, 10:26 PM
i dunno, i kinda like the wing but your rims are too small

l/l/rX
03-03-2005, 10:59 PM
i dig the wing. looks hawt. buh yea it'll match your car better as you add more body parts to it. but along w/ the exterior mods, you should also start thinking about adding more engine mods. the whole car is nice. just the FMIC. aha have to change that out asap. anyways nice ride. nice stock rims. (they are stock right?)

GC84ever
03-03-2005, 11:16 PM
I think you're off to a good start.
are you gonna keep the red and black theme?

Hollywood
03-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by -=MJ=-

i know teins, tanabe and D2's for 240's say not to use under -2 but other could be ok

I had D2's and the manual said -10 or -15cel was the limit.

P.S. Wing looks like dogshit.

DonJuan
03-04-2005, 12:09 AM
saw you driving West on Country Hills yesterday, car looks good, I can spot that wing from a mile away!

Honda_002
03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
Nice car, and I would leave the spoiler on. Once you lower it, it will look great

1-Bar
03-04-2005, 12:35 AM

Werd. I used my teins this winter and it was fine....haha, I hope

Originally posted by Sky

Teins are the worst for rust....but use some anti-seize and you should be problem free for the rings locking up.

craigcd
03-04-2005, 01:11 AM
I see you driving down 16 the ever now and then usually turning into where autozeal used to be. Time for a bigger intercooler:thumbsup:

Sky
03-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
i dig the wing. looks hawt. buh yea it'll match your car better as you add more body parts to it. but along w/ the exterior mods, you should also start thinking about adding more engine mods. the whole car is nice. just the FMIC. aha have to change that out asap. anyways nice ride. nice stock rims. (they are stock right?)

The rims are Konig Heliums with KW19 for winter... its tempting to put on my ES100 on those cuz it only under 11 lb each! my stock is Racing Hart 17's which is about 18 lbs

Originally posted by GC84ever
I think you're off to a good start.
are you gonna keep the red and black theme?

yea probably....I want a carbon hood....but my hood is already super light aluminum...maybe suspension first

Originally posted by DonJuan
saw you driving West on Country Hills yesterday, car looks good, I can spot that wing from a mile away!

no kidding.....but I like the looks of it....bad thing is it will catch alot of attention

Originally posted by Honda_002
Nice car, and I would leave the spoiler on. Once you lower it, it will look great

that is the mod I will do if I spend anymore money on it...

Flyin Miata intercooler upgrade....mmmmm but expensive

SUPRAPHAT
03-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Hey Elton!

Car is still lookin great. The car is a lot nicer in person for sure!

Keep up the good work, I'll have to meet up with yah this summer so I can show yah the beast that you've heard so much about:D

Anyways, hope to see yah around!

Jason(from Future Shop)

pixil9
03-08-2005, 02:58 AM
god pls lose the spoiler :( :(

LUDELVR
03-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Sky

The rims are Konig Heliums with KW19 for winter... its tempting to put on my ES100 on those cuz it only under 11 lb each! my stock is Racing Hart 17's which is about 18 lbs

yea probably....I want a carbon hood....but my hood is already super light aluminum...maybe suspension first

no kidding.....but I like the looks of it....bad thing is it will catch alot of attention

that is the mod I will do if I spend anymore money on it...

Flyin Miata intercooler upgrade....mmmmm but expensive

man, you don't need to pay that high of a price for an intercooler. There are so many intercoolers floating around for cheap now a days, I wouldn't be surprised if you found one for 200 bux or under that. :thumbsup: Unless of course you are really concerned with brand name, if that's the case, then go ahead and dump money into that flyin miata intercooler!:thumbsdow

You'll save a ton if you just buy some generic intercooler which will look the same or better. It's not hard from the looks of it to upgrade that IC. As a matter of fact, the way that it looks, looks like they designed it for easy upgrading.