PDA

View Full Version : Fuck you cops!

dooman24
02-25-2005, 02:23 AM
fucking cops!! i fucking hate them.. $115 for driving with 1 head light on cause the other one's burned out!! FUCKING!!

shakalaka
02-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Law is a law. If you break it, you pay for it. Doesnt mean they are the bad people or anything. Sometimes depends, you might have gotten away with it, but still it is dangerous, and it is against the law.

7thgenvic
02-25-2005, 02:35 AM
i would say if you low on cash fight it and say it just burnt out and you were on your way home!

but really thats your fault! but really its an easy fight so your call

Chandler_Racing
02-25-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by dooman24
fucking cops!! i fucking hate them.. $115 for driving with 1 head light on cause the other one's burned out!! FUCKING!!
Yeah who do they think they are, doing their job and all.

vietdood
02-25-2005, 02:46 AM
it takes 5 minutes to change a bulb

dooman24
02-25-2005, 02:48 AM
i know it was my fault and all.. but shit and all any body would get pissed for getting a ticket, just burned out like 2 days ago

7thgenvic
02-25-2005, 02:52 AM
i know it was my fault and all.. but shit and all any body would get pissed for getting a ticket, just burned out like 2 days ago

hahah 2 days ago! thats Tons of time!

Team_Mclaren
02-25-2005, 02:56 AM
were you doing stupid shits while driving? or like being rude to them when they pulled you over? Cause most cops are nice enough to let you off with a warning with something small like that, as long as you dont act like a dumbass...

but then again, they are just doing their job with the ticket. It's lucky if you dont get one but its logical that you do. There're no one to blame but yourself. ....:(

Ben
02-25-2005, 03:56 AM
Classic example of ignorance and why we get a bad name with the police.

What if your car was stolen and they got pulled over for no headlight...you sure as shit wouldn't be writing a post like this one.

sputnik
02-25-2005, 08:14 AM
I didnt know that they just pull people over and immediately ticket people for having a headlight burned out. Something seems a bit odd in your story in comparison to a similar thing that happened to me.

I once was pulled over in a residential area for having a burned out headlight (I was also sitting in a backlane in Temple waiting for a friend which probably looked suspicious... but that fine) and I politely explained that I had just noticed the bulb was burned out and was going to change it as soon as I got home. The cop took down my plates and explained that I should get it fixed because if I was pulled over again and it wasnt fixed that I would get a ticket.

So either you got pulled over earlier and the cops made note of the burned out headlight or you were being a cock to him and he gave you a ticket anyways.

lsc2g
02-25-2005, 08:23 AM
well i'll agree with you that that ticket is BULLSHIT! okay yea he can pull you over but just tell you 'oh hey i noticed you one headlight is out better stop by crappy tire and get a bulb' not write you a ticket to give this fucking city more money:banghead:

heavyD
02-25-2005, 08:43 AM
You say it was two days since the bulb burned out, and how many more until you would get around to changing it? Sounds like you are whining to me as that is a valid ticket even if it does seem a bit harsh.

There was a guy a couple of houses down from me and he must have driven around for a month or more with a burned out bulb. Some people just need a gentle nudge or a swift kick in the ass.

talonboi
02-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
...Cause most cops are nice enough to let you off with a warning with something small like that, . ....:(

they usually only let u off small things if they can ding u for bigger things, hehe i think the reason hes soo mad is that its a $115, i remember when i was getting coffee at tim hortons (illegal street races) but i wasnt there for racing, my dad was working in the foothills industrial and had told me to get coffee for his co-workers anywayz i was pulling in, then this cop comes running out on to the street, i open my window, and he was like...alberta check stop, i was like ok..."have u had anything to drink?" i said no...then he looked at me and said "are u street racing?!?" with kinda a loud voice, but i knew whut it looked like, im pulling in with a sports car at a place notorious for racing of course hes gonna think im racing, anywayz he was gonna give me a tiket for my head light, but he let me off with that tikket and gave me one for my exhaust, which is totally understandable...

we all know that the ticket is expensive, but i was in the same boat, and i know for a fact that i coulda easily avoided this situation juss by installing a new headlight, but u chose not to, u can fight it, they might lower it to $65

and also, dont bash the cops for doing their job, they dont slap the burger outta ur hands do they?

BokCh0y
02-25-2005, 09:44 AM
IMO it's month end. damn cops gotta make their monthly quota you know.

kevie88
02-25-2005, 10:05 AM
I had a burned out headlight last year, so I immediately went and bought one. I couldn't change it out for a day or two (no time) and I got pulled over. I showed the cop the new headlight (in the backseat) and no ticket was issued.

I love cops!! :love:

Rockski
02-25-2005, 10:23 AM
i got pulled over thurday at 3 in the morning on highway 2 with a burnt out bulb... didnt get a ticket but the cop liked my deck :D

Obscura
02-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Fucking cops???

Fucking people that can't do simple repairs on their cars.

EK 2.0
02-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
I had a burned out headlight last year, so I immediately went and bought one. I couldn't change it out for a day or two (no time) and I got pulled over. I showed the cop the new headlight (in the backseat) and no ticket was issued.

I love cops!! :love:

how much are they paying you Kevin??...Immunity for life??...haha

but seriously...you should have just changed the light...yes I know that time isnt always on our sides...and that sometimes what seems as simple as a bulb change can take like 45 mins for some cars...but come on...more than anything...its a safety issue...

?????
02-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah its either you were doing something else or you got unlucky because they will usually let you off if you have a reasonable excuse like "its just burnt out" and your nice to them. :)

Or maybe since you said its been burnt out for 2 days he might have seen you in the past 2 days and you lied to him about it being "just burnt out".

Now heres my story...one time i had something wrong with my electrical system and all my light fuses kept burning out including my interior. So i drove by an undercover at an intersection and i knew he would pull me over so i slowed down and waited for him on the side of the road. All he did was ask to see my license and check to see if i was lying by making me turn on my light switch and said "have a good night and drive safely". So don't hate..one day you might actually need them to be there for you.

ZorroAMG
02-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I've had an HID burnt out for a week or two, waiting on stock sucks LOL...

Xtrema
02-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Headlight tickets are BS. Some cars are tough to change bulbs. And for some who are intimidated by just popping the hood, it's not a easy task.

And how can the cop prove that the bulb didn't just went out? Is everyone suppose to carry spare in their car and know how to change it in a flash?

Fight the ticket, the cop probably will expect that much but for him, it's just a quota thing.

Team_Mclaren
02-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Headlight tickets are BS. Some cars are tough to change bulbs. And for some who are intimidated by just popping the hood, it's not a easy task.

And how can the cop prove that the bulb didn't just went out? Is everyone suppose to carry spare in their car and know how to change it in a flash?

Fight the ticket, the cop probably will expect that much but for him, it's just a quota thing.

LOL, its your car thats what you are responsible to do. Do u blame the cops if your motor die? It's the law buddy, you cant drive without headlights. If they burn out you better get that car tow to crappy tires and have them replace it:rolleyes:

BlueGoblin
02-25-2005, 01:09 PM
If there were no penalty for not keeping your car in proper working order, why bother fixing stuff at all?

People who don't take care of things like bulbs probably don't pay as much attention as they should to brake condition, tyre pressure, registration or insurance either, imho.

Besides, its not like the cop just pulled the $115 penalty out of a hat just for you... You had a headlight bulb out, and the Alberta government decided in the TSA that having a headlight bulb out is gonna cost you $115. Attitude counts for a lot, though, methinks.

lsc2g
02-25-2005, 03:36 PM
actually on newer VW's the owners manual doesn't even show yo how to replace a headlight bult and says 'take it to your dealer' so right there is your out LOL:tongue:

sputnik
02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by lsc2g
actually on newer VW's the owners manual doesn't even show yo how to replace a headlight bult and says 'take it to your dealer' so right there is your out LOL:tongue:

If you are unable to change a lightbulb without a manual... you shouldnt be driving.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-25-2005, 04:04 PM
^:werd:

I get this strange feeling that if he hadn't got the ticket, it'd still be burnt out a week from now...

Keep your car in good shape, and you won't get a ticket. Simple concept.

ehos
02-25-2005, 04:39 PM
What happens if your other light had burned out too?

It always amazes me when I see people with one headlight. What exactly are they thinking? What happens when that ones goes too?

Ferio_vti
02-25-2005, 04:46 PM
I was pulled over for having blue signal lights in my ricer days, I was only given a warning. But then again, cops aren't required to give warnings.

And not knowing how to change a bulb or any other regular maintenance on your car is not a good reason. If you have to take it to a mechanic or dealer, then too bad. But I'm sure if you walked into your dealership and asked nicely someone would probably do it for free.

Skyline_Addict
02-25-2005, 07:49 PM
sometimes getting tickets like this is all about luck, sometimes ur luck is bad, sometimes it's not.
either way, you're gonna have to end up paying for it, and on the bright side, won't cost u any demerit points.

Teggy2nr
02-26-2005, 07:27 PM
well thats what u get for buying cheap ricer bulbs, ill bet they were eurolight or something like that, you'd be lucky to get 5 months out of a pair of those. Lets do the math here, 40 bucks for a set of eurolights, plus 115 for the ticket, plus the cost of new ones. A 110 dollar pair of piaa's or catz are starting to sound pretty good huh.

talonboi
02-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Teggy2nr
well thats what u get for buying cheap ricer bulbs, ill bet they were eurolight or something like that, you'd be lucky to get 5 months out of a pair of those. Lets do the math here, 40 bucks for a set of eurolights, plus 115 for the ticket, plus the cost of new ones. A 110 dollar pair of piaa's or catz are starting to sound pretty good huh.

umm and what if he has stock lights and not the eurolights?? then your post is pointless :dunno:

Toms-SC
02-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Good

QuickCivic
02-27-2005, 02:59 AM
yup.. he just had stock lights dude.. he's not so mad about the ticket anyways.. and lately.. seen cops everywhere in my neiborhood.. sitting there on corners.. on lawns.. 2 at macs.. haha probably trying to fill in their quotas.. sitting there.. at tim hortons all day.. then oh shit.. time to start on the quotas..

RSRT-4
02-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Stop being a dum ass and buy a Headlight

Seanith
02-27-2005, 03:24 PM
A week ago or so one of my headlight bulbs was burnt out as soon as I started the car. It wasn't burnt out before. I am good about replacing stuff like that when it happens. I replaced the bulb the next day (it was burnt out the night before). If i got a ticket the night it was burnt out, it would be BS because it took me like 10min to figure out it was out. Driving around for days like that your asking for a ticket.

talonboi
02-27-2005, 03:58 PM
my head light just burnt out last nite, so i changed it this morning....its that easy

Carfanman
02-27-2005, 07:27 PM
If it had been out for two days, then thats plenty of time.
If you would have taken a little bit of time out of your day, as soon or almost as soon as it happened you would have been fine.

Since you didnt though, Im sure you could have gotten out of the ticket by saying the following.

"Yes officer, Your right, I should have changed my bulb right away instead of waiting two days. Your 100% percent right for pulling me over because your an officer and its your job to enforce the law. I understand that you have to give me a ticket and I will get a new bulb and replace this one with it as soon as I am capable of doing so."

Im not saying Im perfect, or that I would have been so polite (provided I even had a car to get in trouble for), but I can pretty much guarantee that had you done that, you wouldnt have gotten the ticket.

Chiggles
02-28-2005, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Carfanman
If it had been out for two days, then thats plenty of time.
If you would have taken a little bit of time out of your day, as soon or almost as soon as it happened you would have been fine.

:werd:

civic_stylez
02-28-2005, 11:30 PM

those damn cops hey, well if someone ever steals your car,breaks into your house or does something else to you, just remember how much you hate them and call someone else for help... i think the beyond militia is looking for work these days... you got a 115$ ticket because you were to lazy to buy a 5$ light......

Carfanman
03-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez

you got a 115$ ticket because you were to lazy to buy a 5$ light......

LOL, Great way to put it.

dastick
03-01-2005, 04:49 PM
On Saterday a friend in Banff recieved a call from the R.C.M.P. in Revelstoke asking if he owned a Ford explorer. As the cop asked him this he looked out his window to discover it gone (had used it just that afternoon). The R.C.M.P. pulled the explorer over, without incident, for having a headlight out and discovered while talking with the occupants that they had stolen it in Banff. Vehicle recovered in the same shape it was stolen (+ a few km) and the bad guys arrested. Thanks to the R.C.M.P. for doing their job instead of harrasing people for nothing.

bspot
03-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by dastick
On Saterday a friend in Banff recieved a call from the R.C.M.P. in Revelstoke asking if he owned a Ford explorer. As the cop asked him this he looked out his window to discover it gone (had used it just that afternoon). The R.C.M.P. pulled the explorer over, without incident, for having a headlight out and discovered while talking with the occupants that they had stolen it in Banff. Vehicle recovered in the same shape it was stolen (+ a few km) and the bad guys arrested. Thanks to the R.C.M.P. for doing their job instead of harrasing people for nothing.

So the moral of the story is DON'T FIX YOUR BURNT OUT BULBS!

If this guy had performed regular maintenance, his truck would be gone right now :rofl:

finboy
03-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Classic example of ignorance and why we get a bad name with the police.

:werd:

i got one of those tickets once, it sucked, but i was in the wrong so i payed it and moved on with life

youngbex
03-02-2005, 09:02 PM
my god, there was some... fuck....... im not evan gonna bother

403Gemini
03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
I love it when dumbasses come on this forum, bashing cops hoping to get sympathy, and then it all backfires ;)