PDA

View Full Version : NO2=rice?

Carfanman
02-25-2005, 03:38 PM
I know alot of people say no2 is rice, and I wanted to know why, it helps boost performance, not just looks. I searched for this but found nothing saying why it was ricey.
There are definetly situations where it can help you in a race.
And the argument that its not really you thats winning, its the no2, well that can be said for forced induction, or any GO mod.

oddjob
02-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Its not rice, shoving on the Decals when you don't have it is rice. :nut:

sputnik
02-25-2005, 03:58 PM
NoS isnt ricey as long as its the LAST MOD you add on your car. Too many people strap on a bottle of giggle gas onto a stock motor and think that their car is hot shit. Until a few runs down the track later and they blow their valve train or bottom end.

shakalaka
02-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
NoS isnt ricey as long as its the LAST MOD you add on your car. Too many people strap on a bottle of giggle gas onto a stock motor and think that their car is hot shit. Until a few runs down the track later and they blow their valve train or bottom end.

Couldnt have put it bettter!! Should be the last mod, after you have done everything from suspension to engine, or body if you may.

three.eighteen.
02-25-2005, 04:43 PM
its n2o, no2 is nitric oxide, go back to school stupid kid

Gadgetboy
02-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Well, NO2 (nitrogen dioxide) doesn't do shit for your car. N2O (nitrous oxide) can make your car faster. Now stop making dumb threads and go eat poo.

So in conclusion, carfanman=rice, not NO2

edit: damn too slow

three.eighteen.
02-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Gadgetboy
Well, NO2 (nitrogen dioxide) doesn't do shit for your car. N2O (nitrous oxide) can make your car faster. Now stop making dumb threads and go eat poo.

haha...dude you're awesome

Gadgetboy
02-25-2005, 04:46 PM
I know I am. But why am I awesome this time?

streetarab
02-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
uhhh, you should go back to school, no2 is nitrogen dioxide....
whatever, thank god for NAAWWWSS, when it destroys their engines, one more shitty car off the road

three.eighteen.
02-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by streetarab

uhhh, you should go back to school, no2 is nitrogen dioxide....
whatever, thank god for NAAWWWSS, when it destroys their engines, one more shitty car off the road

nitrogen dioxide = nitric oxide...old school names...stupid american

and nitrous doesnt destroy engines either...man the representatives of the american population on beyond save for zephyr are doing their country a serious injustice

GT2NV
02-25-2005, 07:38 PM
man the representatives of the american population on beyond save for zephyr are doing their country a serious injustice :rofl: :rofl:

streetarab
02-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Until a few runs down the track later and they blow their valve train or bottom end.

and nitrous doesnt destroy engines either...
whatever you say buddy :thumbsup:

Zephyr
02-25-2005, 07:45 PM

hahaha first thing i thought once i saw the thread title :thumbsup:

nitrogen dioxide = nitric oxide...old school names...stupid american

and nitrous doesnt destroy engines either...man the representatives of the american population on beyond save for zephyr are doing their country a serious injustice

what you mean "save for zephyr"?
:dunno:

DuPont
02-25-2005, 08:14 PM
save for zephyr -> except for zephyr

mmm maybe not...:D

Z_Fan
02-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
what you mean "save for zephyr"?
:dunno:

He was attempting to exclude you from being considered a stupid american. :rolleyes:

Oh Carfanman, you make me laugh...I mean, really laugh so very hard. I can't help but think you sit in front of your computer all day...reading stuff which you don't understand how to apply. Constantly with this :confused: look on your face...

oddjob
02-25-2005, 08:49 PM
N02 how'd i miss that. :rolleyes: It should read "N20". tah well.

JordanEG6
02-25-2005, 10:22 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: hahaha. oh yeah N20 is okay if yourve done heavy or moderate mods to the car.

three.eighteen.
02-26-2005, 02:07 AM
n2o works great if your fuel/engine management needs are met

three.eighteen.
02-26-2005, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan

Oh Carfanman, you make me laugh...I mean, really laugh so very hard. I can't help but think you sit in front of your computer all day...reading stuff which you don't understand how to apply. Constantly with this :confused: look on your face...

that's what i was trying to get at with my first post, without going to school, you'd forever sound like an ignorant dolt that didn't attend high school chemistry

GTS Jeff
02-26-2005, 02:30 AM
its n2o, no2 is nitric oxide, go back to school stupid kid this is funny coming from the guy who failed chem101.

nitric oxide is the common name for nitrogen monoxide (NO), not NO2. nitrous oxide is N2O, the shit we call nos.

how do i know this? ive made nos, nitric oxide, and 3 other nitrogen oxides in my senior chem labs.

GTS Jeff
02-26-2005, 02:32 AM
dont get wrong, i think carfanman is an idiot too, but maybe u shouldnt be correcting ppl on chemistry...

jaysas_63
02-26-2005, 02:53 AM
^^^lol U of A represent lol:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tsi_neal
02-26-2005, 09:54 AM
Lotsa hate for the giggle gas on here...

Is it rice hell no, is it a letitiment way to go faster hells ya. Do you need to do heavy mods to make it work not really. Are you gonna blow your motor with it, not if you use some common sense with it.

Its good stuff, but there are definatly ALOT of misinformed people out there on the stuff.

rice is IMO tasteless and just plain shitty looking visual mods. So a n20 bottle that isnt hooked up for show = rice. hook it up and its a genuine go fast mod.

hampstor
02-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
this is funny coming from the guy who failed chem101.

nitric oxide is the common name for nitrogen monoxide (NO), not NO2. nitrous oxide is N2O, the shit we call nos.

how do i know this? ive made nos, nitric oxide, and 3 other nitrogen oxides in my senior chem labs.

holy shit i learned this stuff at FOREST LAWN 7 years ago :D

listen to the man! he is educated :D

Ben
02-26-2005, 02:30 PM
dont get wrong, i think carfanman is an idiot too, but maybe u shouldnt be correcting ppl on chemistry...

I agree, it was an honest mistake and 318 comes on here in a tirade and yells and screams and insults away. Better grow up and relax or I'll fuckin ban your ass if you do that again, it's a car forum after all, some people know more and less than others. Angry insulting people who do that unprovoked have no place here. People like that make me upset.

Next thing we'll know is someone will come on here and say the nos is gonna blow up the car and he'll go of on a rant about that.

Chill out on the "I'm in school, you fucked up your Chemestry organizations so I'm better than you and feel I need to correct you in a hurtful aggressive mannor only to have Jeff come in and own me anyways" rant.

Cheers.

Z_Fan
02-26-2005, 05:11 PM
It is unfortunate that this thread lost all credibility at what could be construed as a simple typo. Ironically, Carfanman has already stated that spell checking is a waste of time. In this case, perhaps not, eh?

In any case, nitrous has its place in my opinion. I happen to have nitrous in one of my cars. Since the car is turbo charged, and the turbos are larger than stock, the nitrous serves to combat turbo lag. The dry nitrous system in the vehicle is all computer controlled. The arming switch must be on, the bottle open, the foot must be to the floor, and the computer does the rest. (Nitrous is only introduced into the intake charge when boost is below 10psi)

I believe this is likely the safest method for using nitrous in a turbo charged car. Nitrous is safe when you use it correctly. Abused or misunderstood and surely it will become dangerous to your vehicle. I guess if you were more serious about using nitrous towards the going fast concept, you'd likely use a wet system or direct port injection...and probably want a much larger boost in HP than my tiny little 70hp kit provides...

So far my experience with nitrous has been a good one. In my turbo charged car, nitrous is an excellent performance enhancing add on. The WOT nitrous program provides performance gains in several areas. Straight line performance is marginally better - so that is one benefit, but the real benefits are in rolling start scenarios where nitrous is on the second my foot hits the floor. Additionally, nitrous utilized in this method is absolutely fantastic on the track in a turbo charged car, specifically because the RPM and boost drop while cornering force the inevitable turbo lag as you exit a corner. With the nitrous introduced as described the lag is essentially removed so there is little or no wait for power down the straight.

Nitrous is not a bad thing, and it is certainly not rice.

buh_buh
02-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Better grow up and relax or I'll fuckin ban your ass... Cheers. :rofl:

JordanEG6
02-26-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Next thing we'll know is someone will come on here and say the nos is gonna blow up the car and he'll go of on a rant about that.

Chill out on the "I'm in school, you fucked up your Chemestry organizations so I'm better than you and feel I need to correct you in a hurtful aggressive mannor only to have Jeff come in and own me anyways" rant.

Cheers.

:rofl: :rofl: too funny. 318 sure does take it seriously

qmf
02-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Before you think of running nitrous, get some forged pistons and some good stainless steel valves. Then if you have $$ left over put a safe size shot, about 1/3 your stock crank hp. But hey, it's only a suggestion.
To each there own, if you want to run nitrous then run it, and i guess learn from experience......

Phy
02-27-2005, 03:10 AM
Hell, it's like any car mod. If it doesn't serve any purpose other than to make your ass look cool where it doesn't deserve it, it's rice. If you know what you're doing, and you're gonna use it for good effect, it's not rice.

three.eighteen.
02-27-2005, 10:42 AM
this is funny coming from the guy who failed chem101.

actually i passed 101, i failed 103...thank you very much

three.eighteen.
02-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I agree, it was an honest mistake and 318 comes on here in a tirade and yells and screams and insults away. Better grow up and relax or I'll fuckin ban your ass if you do that again, it's a car forum after all, some people know more and less than others. Angry insulting people who do that unprovoked have no place here. People like that make me upset.

Cheers.

sorry ben, we all know you're better than all of us, you and jeff don't have to remind us of your intellectual superiority ALL the time :rolleyes:

three.eighteen.
02-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by TeamCrewcial

:rofl: :rofl: too funny. 318 sure does take it seriously

if you've ever met me, i take things a lot less seriously than either ben or jeff...a lot less, i just wanted to call that kid stupid

RickDaTuner
02-27-2005, 10:50 AM
haha oh man sorry to put it some OT words to this thread, but cmon man this is web forum, its not like anyone is slapping you across the head for saying something wrong, ease up! like i said in the past; We are all here to learn and to share information on cars

Nitrous Oxide was indeed gloriffied by the now un-mentionable movie, but like Z fan says it has its place

googe
02-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by qmf
Before you think of running nitrous, get some forged pistons and some good stainless steel valves.

TOTALLY not necessary....

CalgarySS
02-27-2005, 01:10 PM
I have always been amazed at the lack of knowledge that some people have...

Has anyone that has expressed a negative opinion on the use of nitrous oxide even been in a vehicle equipped with it? If so, great. I respect the opinion of those of you who have done your homework and educated yourself before forming your opinion.

I have run hundreds of pounds of nitrous through my 4.3 with no ill effects.

I find it hilarious that few people mention the down side of the other power adders. The addition of boost to an engine also carries inherent risks that should be understood before a Supercharger/turbocharger unit is installed.

All in all, ANY power adder should be understood before it is used...or commented on.

:thumbsup:

Ben
02-27-2005, 02:18 PM

sorry ben, we all know you're better than all of us, you and jeff don't have to remind us of your intellectual superiority ALL the time :rolleyes:

Thankyou, glad you can admit that. I appreciate it. :thumbsup: :)

if you've ever met me, i take things a lot less seriously than either ben or jeff...a lot less, i just wanted to call that kid stupid

I'm managing a forum here thankyou, I dont have time to deal with people who feel they can just insult others completely out of the blue, so I give it back the same as it's delt.

And how do you know you take things less seriously than me? you've met me what, once, like 3 years ago. LOL. w/e man, w/e, go smoke another joint, be well, and forget about this thread all together. Hows that sound. I've got a whole bag of arrogant right here if you want to keep arguing about this. I personally would rather go out and enjoy the awesome weather we're having and worry about what car I'm gonna take out today, than to sit around and debate a non issue. :)

Dont insult for no reason and we'll get along just fine.

streetarab
02-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by CalgarySS
The addition of boost to an engine also carries inherent risks that should be understood before a Supercharger/turbocharger unit is installed.

absolutly, if you run TOO MUCH boost bad things will happen, if you run TOO MUCH nitrous, bad things will also happen, the problem is that everyone thinks they can run nitrous and because they dont understand it, they run too much, and end up breaking things, its an excellent power adder when used correctly!! otherwise things will break and it might even turn into a dangerous situation if the bottle or connections should leak...

Audio_Rookie
02-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by qmf
Before you think of running nitrous, get some forged pistons and some good stainless steel valves.

Forged pistons will break nearly just as easy as cast pistons......Number 1 screw up with nitrous would be people using nitrous at an idle...worst idea ever.

As far as "safe" amount of nitrous goes, I have on many occasions shot 400hp of nitrous into a 350 without any problems....I once by accident hit the nitrous at idle though.....that was costly.

qmf
02-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Like I said to each there own. i just put what i would do if i were to use it.

Carfanman
02-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Wow, a simple typo and tons of flaming.
I am still learning about cars and know very little about them, so Im sorry if I messed up the chemical formula for n2o/no2/nitrous/whatever. It seems that while everyone here makes mistakes I always end up getting flamed for them because I left school. I dont see where everyone makes it there business, even if they are 100% sure that Im wrong. I dont have a problem discussing it in the 2 threads that are already about it, but Im sure you can understand that it gets annoying when I get flamed for making every little mistake and people never miss an opportunity to tell me to go back to school or tell me that Im dumb for leaving.

Lets say for a second that everyone here is right and Im wrong. I still dont need every mistake I make to get completely blown out of proportion. None of you know me, and therefore I dont see why you care so much. If you want to discuss it, I have no problem discussing in those other 2 threads. Some people are actually interested, and others are just looking to flame me because they enjoy flaming everyone they dont agree with.
Im not upset, it just gets annoying.

Btw, just a suggestion, if there was a spell check button I would probably use it, but Im not going to copy every post into word, and proof-reading can take a while if you do it for every post.

Anyway, how can you tell how much nitrous to use, and what exactly happens when you use too much?

CalgarySS
02-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Here is a good link to a FAQ list for general nitrous use.

http://members.aol.com/agspeed/nos.htm

DuPont
02-27-2005, 05:13 PM
it's nitrous. lol

j/k settle down.

Carfanman
02-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Wow, thanks for the link, bookmarked.