PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any good record labels.....

FinalFantasy
02-26-2005, 11:07 AM
or does anyone know anyone who is a music producer or something of that sort? :D

jaysas_63
02-26-2005, 11:30 AM
post some of ur shit...lest have a listen to it

FinalFantasy
02-26-2005, 11:54 AM
and i would do that because....

/////AMG
02-26-2005, 11:59 AM
so we can tell you how it is, actually the best way to get out there and make a namefor yourself is the intenet. :thumbsup:

jaysas_63
02-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by FinalFantasy
and i would do that because....

lol ok.....for all i kno u sound like william hung, and look like celine dion

if u wanna get ur name known, then use the internet to ur advantage, spread ur music around, and create a fanbase via the internet

TKRIS
02-26-2005, 12:35 PM
What type of music? I know a couple guys, but they're fairly genre specific.

Kris

hockeybronx
02-26-2005, 06:37 PM
All I got to say is:

SHADY RECORDS TILL I SLEEP!

Check them out and ask for Marshall...

EK 2.0
02-26-2005, 06:47 PM
First off...SHADY/INTERSCOPE...wack like yo mama's smothered corn left over from last week...

it's all about...Pharrell and Mr. Hugo

STAR TRAK...

STAR TRAK...

STAR TRAK...

Dave P
02-26-2005, 07:24 PM
ID&T rocks

method
02-26-2005, 09:14 PM
goooooooooood luck

Skyline_Addict
02-27-2005, 06:19 AM
i'm into music too and have done some gigs with my band too. let me tell you that the best way to get your music out, like most people say, is the internet. forums, p2p, anything. another thing is that this is calgary, no guy from sony music or bgm is going to come knocking on your door, he has not heard of you, and has no time to pay you a visit.
talk to some of the DJs on beyond. they start by building a local fanbase, making their music and information themselves readily available on the internet and building a repertoire before they can even begin to start thinking of record deals. many of these DJs are very talented musicians too, but it's a tough industry.
i hope you're not assuming that you can simply send in a demo tape and have then kick down your door the next day to get you to record them an album and go double platinum. it just doesn't work like that unless you're a britney spears. and how many britney spears are there in the world....besides, she was moderately known in the entertainment industry before she become a full fleged pop star. you have to build a base for yourself. get your music out there, perform at local venues, do some self-sufficient promo...the record deal comes after that.

core_upt
02-28-2005, 07:57 PM
i run Core-upt Records; we deal mostly with punk, ska and hardcore bands. Based out of Calgary since 1998.
http://www.core-uptrecords.com

TKRIS
02-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
i run Core-upt Records; we deal mostly with punk, ska and hardcore bands. Based out of Calgary since 1998.

I'm good friends with the guy that runs Lonely Tree Records, again, a punk label. If that's the kind of music you play, send Dwyane an E-mail at lonelytreerecords.com

Send me something to listen to, if I like it, I'll tell him so.

Hope this helps

Kris

Ben
03-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Props for Core-upt!

Come a long ways!

Dope Dealer
03-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by core_upt

cool my bros played with some of those bands before... lots of popular calgary-based bands...