PDA

View Full Version : Idiots on crotch rockets..

fast95pony
02-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Twice today I was cut off by idiots on bikes :banghead:
One came flying off the Deerfoot as I was on the off-ramp,passed me on the left shoulder on a lot of loose gravel,cut across in front of me , braked hard right in front of me and the pulled into the right turn lane .
I had to hammer on the brakes ,causing the ABS to work. SE500 ,You're an asshole . I hope you have your will made out,because your family will need it soon if you keep driving like that! :whipped:

I also saw 2 idiots doing 150+ weaving in and out of traffic,also on the Deerfoot.

Shaolin
02-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Darwinism usually catches up to those guys eventually.

I'm going through withdrawls.. couple more weeks and it should be good to go!

vietdood
02-26-2005, 09:47 PM
yea i see a few bikes out and about now. just wait till one of them hits a patch of rocks while turning

Ben
02-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Trust me, 4 wheels always wins when matched against 2.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77978

brandon
02-26-2005, 10:15 PM
i saw a blue bike last night with attempted blue underglow! it looked like a walmart neon lite taped to the bottom

:thumbsdow ghey

Phy
02-27-2005, 02:57 AM
Gah.

A. It's been a short fuckin' winter, there's no call for yarkin' off on the roads like that this early in the season.

B. Anti-biker sentiment is bad enough in the city. I don't want some yokel in a rusty old F-150 to try and run my newbie ass off the road because some smacktard on an R1 cut him off last week. Guys like that may be having fun but they make it nothing but hard for the rest of us.

Mad$ella
02-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Wait till i bring out the Stang....

Dave P
02-27-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Mad$ella

and then what? youll run them off the road? way to go big man

Kobe
02-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ryder_23
02-27-2005, 04:38 AM

hahaha :rofl:

Some people dont have some much needed common sense.

Gravel + Street bike = :thumbsdow

gotta be careful

otto
02-27-2005, 10:17 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhh a stang your cool ....not

Carfanman
02-27-2005, 07:37 PM

I read that and I just burst out laughing.

You do that Madsella.

knees scrapin'
02-27-2005, 07:45 PM
There are many more events related to car vs car then car vs bike. But b/c of a few ignorant people the bike vs car event will always recieve more coverage. Why is this?

Its b/c you all are envious and scared.
:D

Seriously tho driving stupid in a car or a bike equals the same amount of stupidity.

Ben
02-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by knees scrapin'
There are many more events related to car vs car then car vs bike. But b/c of a few ignorant people the bike vs car event will always recieve more coverage. Why is this?

Its b/c you all are envious and scared.
:D

Seriously tho driving stupid in a car or a bike equals the same amount of stupidity.

You assume more risk of personal injury on a bike however.

rmk
02-28-2005, 12:42 PM
organ doners!

Kirbs17
02-28-2005, 01:18 PM
:rofl: Its threads like this that seriously stop me from ever wanting to ride a motorbike

Canaduh
02-28-2005, 01:28 PM
It's threads like this that make me wonder,

WTF is wrong with people? It's Feb. Why would you even attempt to take your bike out with the amount of shit still on the roads? Also ya gotta watch out for those stangs, they're a real killer:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gorillam
02-28-2005, 01:34 PM

Comments like that give stangs a bad name, people stop bashing the stangs, bash the person.

theken
02-28-2005, 02:49 PM
they have already done the street cleaning so why not bring your bike out?? just dont be an idiot all the time, doent matter what the weather is like, no need to be doing 150 any time

Canaduh
02-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by theken
they have already done the street cleaning so why not bring your bike out?? just dont be an idiot all the time, doent matter what the weather is like, no need to be doing 150 any time

ummmmmm what part of the city are you in that they have cleaned the roads? there is still snow and ice and gravel on there here in the south:drama:

and I agree with you on the 150 part, there is a time and place for it, and deerfoot showin off to your buddies in traffic isn't it. People should have to pass an I.Q. test before being allowed to even think about buying a bike. Stupid people on bikes = accidents or worse:(

theken
02-28-2005, 03:07 PM
glenmore trail is cleaned before deerfoot, i see the cleaners out all the time

Dave P
02-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Canaduh

People should have to pass an I.Q. test before being allowed to even think about buying a bike. Stupid people on bikes = accidents or worse:(

that could be said for any motor vehicles.

Canaduh
02-28-2005, 03:18 PM

that could be said for any motor vehicles.

agreed, there are lots of shitty drivers out there, but the chance of severe injury or death is a lot greater when stupid people own motorcycles.:(

Dave P
02-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Canaduh

agreed, there are lots of shitty drivers out there, but the chance of severe injury or death is a lot greater when stupid people own motorcycles.:(

Only to themselves.
Stupid people with cars cause a great deal of danger to themselves, but way more to the public. that cant be said about bikes

SuPhistiKatEd
02-28-2005, 08:21 PM
If there's anything I hate...it's the lame drivers on their "hogs" who blow past you with the throttle ALL the way down. It was enough to blow your eardrums, honestly. Don't even get me started when they do it downtown between all the buildings and the noise just rebounds....grrrrrrr! :thumbsdow Where's the cops when you need 'em? These guys seriously should be ticketed for their mufflers, not ours.

PGTze
02-28-2005, 08:41 PM

... and then what?:dunno:

Dave P
02-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
If there's anything I hate...it's the lame drivers on their "hogs" who blow past you with the throttle ALL the way down. It was enough to blow your eardrums, honestly. Don't even get me started when they do it downtown between all the buildings and the noise just rebounds....grrrrrrr! :thumbsdow Where's the cops when you need 'em? These guys seriously should be ticketed for their mufflers, not ours.

If there's anything I hate...it's the lame drivers in their "lame fuckin rice rockets" who blow past you with the throttle ALL the way down. It was enough to blow your eardrums, honestly. Don't even get me started when they do it downtown between all the buildings and the noise just rebounds....grrrrrrr! :thumbsdow Where's the cops when you need 'em? These guys seriously should be ticketed for their mufflers, not ours.

SOAB
03-01-2005, 12:15 AM
wow, look at all the shit-talk in here.....

yes, there are inconsiderate riders out there, and there are LOTS of inconsiderate drivers out there.

riders will usually hurt only themselves, whereas the idiot drivers have a much higher chance of hurting others...

so whos the dangerous ones??

i'm beyond the "ride in the middle of winter" stage. if i'm cold, i don't have fun. if i have to ride in the city, i don't have fun. if there is shit on the road, i don't ride.

just an FYI, 150 down deerfoot actually feels pretty slow on a bike...

ehos
03-01-2005, 12:29 AM
Most cages don't have a clue about bikes. They're off in their little worlds, listening to music, talking on their cell phones, talking with their buds, daydreaming etc.

At least the people on bikes are doing ONE thing, and one thing only. RIDING. Trust me, they have 80-100% of their attention to the their machine and the road.

Just give them a break and the benefit of the doubt. Even if they are aggressive, they are probably trying to protect themselves OR they will be gone in a few seconds.

autospeed
03-01-2005, 02:06 AM
^agreed, i still can't excuse wreckress driving/riding but the fact that a rider is focused 80-100% on their machine and the road is true. But a lot of the time its the guys pulling stupid crap that give bikers a bad name.

I want to get a bike this spring, and yea I'll be a newb to the bike world, but with stupid stunts like that on bikes, come even more idiotic drivers ready to try and slow bikers down potentially killing them. Like the genius above and his "stang"... You'd think getting dildo's photoshopped into your hands would keep the stupid comments down, but apparently not...

Team_Mclaren
03-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by SOAB

just an FYI, 150 down deerfoot actually feels pretty slow on a bike...

So what, I can drive a lambo at 200 and feel pretty slow... that means noth.

Originally posted by ehos

At least the people on bikes are doing ONE thing, and one thing only. RIDING. Trust me, they have 80-100% of their attention to the their machine and the road.

still doesnt give them the right to ride dangerously. Im not picking on riders. But "SOME" riders do stupid shit and that gives a bad name too all the others out there. Just like the Ricers

Originally posted by autospeed
You'd think getting dildo's photoshopped into your hands would keep the stupid comments down, but apparently not...

Sign material :rofl:

finboy
03-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by PGTze

... and then what?:dunno:

finboy
03-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

So what, I can drive a lambo at 200 and feel pretty slow... thats means noth.

still doesnt give them the right to ride dangerously. Im not picking on riders. But "SOME" riders do stupid shit and that gives a bad name too all the others out there. Just like the Ricers

:werd:

and

:werd:

Lo)2enz0
03-01-2005, 10:18 PM
there has been alot of bikes out lately but I have only seen 1 idiot so far. the fact that there is still gravel on the roads and that my car spins out on it just says to me that the guys who are being idiot on bikes just want to die. They should start thinking straighter and keep it safe right now because I know the corinary does not want to start scrapping people off the roads at this time of year.

laurier

gpomp
03-01-2005, 10:23 PM
gravel and sport bikes, geniuses!

fast95pony
03-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
...because I know the corinary does not want to start scrapping people off the roads at this time of year.

Uhh.. corinary ??? :dunno:

:burnout:

X_plorer
03-06-2005, 01:56 PM
There are always going to be losers out on bikes, and I cringe everytime I see one of them pulling a wheely...only because I know they are making it worse for me when I go out and ride. We don't all ride like this, so don't group all bikers together. I agree 150 is exessive and unresponsible and these riders will probably pay the ultimate price one day, but this is no different then then all the other poor-ass drivers out there, which everyone encounters on a daily basis.

BTW, the number one bike accident is not people stunting and speeding on bikes but it is cars pulling left turns in front of bikes that are on-coming and have the right of way.

But yes I do believe there is a lot more attention focused on poor bike riding then poor car driving for some reason, is it because there are less bikes or most people could never concieve riding one? Because of people like that guy and his "stang" we have to ride defensively and look out for ourselves-because no one else is.

sputnik
03-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by finboy

:rofl: :rofl:

Rollin' in my 5 point 0
With the ragtop down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby
Waitin' just to say hi
Did I stop?
No. I just roll by

finboy
03-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by X_plorer
There are always going to be losers out on bikes, and I cringe everytime I see one of them pulling a wheely...only because I know they are making it worse for me when I go out and ride. We don't all ride like this, so don't group all bikers together. I agree 150 is exessive and unresponsible and these riders will probably pay the ultimate price one day, but this is no different then then all the other poor-ass drivers out there, which everyone encounters on a daily basis.

BTW, the number one bike accident is not people stunting and speeding on bikes but it is cars pulling left turns in front of bikes that are on-coming and have the right of way.

But yes I do believe there is a lot more attention focused on poor bike riding then poor car driving for some reason, is it because there are less bikes or most people could never concieve riding one? Because of people like that guy and his "stang" we have to ride defensively and look out for ourselves-because no one else is.

i would say guys in bikes get more of a reputation for being dicks becuase a bike is able to do 200 down deerfoot and cut in and out of traffic, or cut between two cars. it is the IDIOTS who do this and make other bike riders look bad, and a lot of them end up crashing.

grocko
03-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by finboy

i would say guys in bikes get more of a reputation for being dicks becuase a bike is able to do 200 down deerfoot and cut in and out of traffic, or cut between two cars. it is the IDIOTS who do this and make other bike riders look bad, and a lot of them end up crashing.

:werd: Coming home today I saw some moron on 16th STANDING on his bike....this guy was a complete idiot!! He kept speeding up to get near some cars..then hop up onto his gas tank, jump back down and then take off through the middle :rolleyes: It's people like him that make me dislike bikers. I'm sure there are tons of really cool bikers out there, but for some reason, you just never seem to see any of them.

ca2p3r
03-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by brandon
i saw a blue bike last night with attempted blue underglow! it looked like a walmart neon lite taped to the bottom

:thumbsdow ghey

werd i saw that bike on mcleod at the lights near chinook and had a laugh

in*10*se
03-06-2005, 06:03 PM
hey to my boys on bikes, go easy eh?

gravel's everywhere and fucking we don't need anymore people dying for needless reasons,

BE SMART

chris
03-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

Uhh.. corinary ??? :dunno:

:burnout:
i think he meant coroner. Nice try laurier, really close buddy, but not quite.:clap:

SOAB
03-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by grocko

I'm sure there are tons of really cool bikers out there, but for some reason, you just never seem to see any of them.

the reason for this is because on the bad ones stick out in your mind. do you ever remember seeing good drivers? probably not very often, but a bad driver that does something stupid will.

most drivers don't notice motorcycles until its too late. then its "sorry officer, i just didn't see him" or something of the sort.