PDA

View Full Version : opinions of Quinn Security?? Bad?

peterjackson
12-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Is Quinn Security a good place or not, free alarms??? really???
Ive heard good and bad but whats the real dirt on that place?

KoukiS14
12-24-2002, 10:22 PM
You get what you pay for!!

Ive never liked them and those i know with them hate them. False alarms, won't disarm/arm, shorts, you name it.

Ive always had my alarms/stereos done at Audioconcepts. No complaints ever by me or any of my friends. You pay a little more but its worth it in the end.

MistaBrent
12-24-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14
You get what you pay for!!

Ive never liked them and those i know with them hate them. False alarms, won't disarm/arm, shorts, you name it.

Ive always had my alarms/stereos done at Audioconcepts. No complaints ever by me or any of my friends. You pay a little more but its worth it in the end.

bought a triangle sub and amp from them.

guy wouldnt let me watch him install. 2 weeks later it fucked up.

everyone i know who's got a system from them has had to take it back due to shitty wiring.

they dont know what "quality means"

egmike
12-24-2002, 10:31 PM
I won a alarm once from car show, it was free, but the install was retardedly expensive and cost 350 bucks and that was only basic w/ starter kill and hood and trunk switches and blue LED's that cost more than the alarm was worth. Don't get me wrong the product was good but the cost was a little up there.

Stratus_Power
12-24-2002, 10:39 PM
they give those out for free at car show. i won one too.... and i know many other that also won

Madspinner
12-24-2002, 11:00 PM
Yeah I won like 3 alarms ,I put one on my old car and had no problems with it .Plus I didn't pay that much for the install ethier.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
12-24-2002, 11:03 PM
thoes free alarms are a rip off

Light_Speed
12-24-2002, 11:36 PM
yo those guys there are fukers
i brought my car there at like 8 in the morning at it still wasnt done at 2pm when it was suppose to be done at at 10am
those fukers
i would never bring my car there again

NickGT
12-24-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by MR8
I won a alarm once from car show, it was free, but the install was retardedly expensive and cost 350 bucks and that was only basic w/ starter kill and hood and trunk switches and blue LED's that cost more than the alarm was worth. Don't get me wrong the product was good but the cost was a little up there.

chalk me up, I won one of those "free alarms" and it costed me about 350 as well. It's in my dad's truck tho. I invested in a viper for my mustang... I think they scammed alot of people that way and got alot of business off of it.

Toms-Celica
12-25-2002, 12:38 AM
You guys!

Ive got a friend that works there, if you need to get anything done please ask for Ivan. Hes by far the best person I've ever spoken to about the Alarm and Sound system installs. I've delt with Ivan as a businessman and as a friend, he is very smart in the field and does excellent work. Dont think so? Just ask to take a look at his Celica, custom fiberglass box with his sub is perfectly level with the trunk, he has a custom LCD screen install, a custom micro-camera etc... He is part of the import scene so he knows how to deal with the people in the scene.

KoukiS14
12-25-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by MistaBrent

bought a triangle sub and amp from them.

guy wouldnt let me watch him install. 2 weeks later it fucked up.

everyone i know who's got a system from them has had to take it back due to shitty wiring.

they dont know what "quality means"

WTF is a triangle sub?? Who makes that??

MistaBrent
12-25-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
You guys!

Ive got a friend that works there, if you need to get anything done please ask for Ivan. Hes by far the best person I've ever spoken to about the Alarm and Sound system installs. I've delt with Ivan as a businessman and as a friend, he is very smart in the field and does excellent work. Dont think so? Just ask to take a look at his Celica, custom fiberglass box with his sub is perfectly level with the trunk, he has a custom LCD screen install, a custom micro-camera etc... He is part of the import scene so he knows how to deal with the people in the scene.

theres a big difference to the quality he does on his car and the quality he does on other cars.......

of course no ones gonna do a half ass job on there own car.

davidI
12-25-2002, 12:58 AM
I believe Bazooka made the triangle subs. There was another company makeing a hexagonal sub as well although I dont' remember who it was.

NickGT
12-25-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
You guys!

I think the company is slippery, and scams alot of people who don't know any better. And for that I tell everyone who ever mentions Quinn, to not waste their time.

For the same price paid to Quinn for the "free" alarm in the truck, I then BOUGHT AND had my viper alarm installed in my mustang.

The piece of junk they installed I have no idea even what make/model it is. All I know is its not that loud, and you have to be within 6 feet of the vehicle to arm/disarm it. Which is BS, and its not a weak battery in the remote. Oh and they only gave one remote, if you wanted another it was extra on top of that (got 2 with my viper). It's just a cheap alarm IMO.

Just the way they treat customers, they look at $$$. 350 Bux for just the "install" of an alarm, I was so gullible.

-rant-

Oh and its nice he has all that stuff, and such a sweet car.... It's to bad myself and alot of other people here paid for it all thinking WE were getting the deal. :P

KoukiS14
12-25-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by davidI
I believe Bazooka made the triangle subs. There was another company makeing a hexagonal sub as well although I dont' remember who it was.

Ahh Bazooka.....

Xtant is the other one you r thinking of.

MistaBrent
12-25-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by IRL

Even though I dont agree on the owners marketing...I have learnt alot in the last 2 years of working there. I take pride in the installs that I do...its not just get under the dash and throw shit together. I have turned into a perfectionist and I try to do as good a work is possible on every car that I work on.

Now, when and if the systems do fail...its by far completely out of my control. Faulty wiring is about 5% of the issues...and when wiring is at fault, thats because the install is generally over 4 years old back when T-Tapping was used.

Don't hate on us installers...we have a good team working in the back...

Thanks for the comments Tom, I appreciate it.

And the "Free Alarms", if any company in town gave alarms away completely free...I guess they wouldnt last very long in the industry. The owners have to make up for it somehow...and install cost is usually where they will get you.

How many times have you seen Vision advertise $1 satelite systems? If you think you are going to walk in there and pay $1 for them...well then, you need more help than I or anyone else on this board can offer.. :rofl:

im not trying to say you specifically but the fact is I paid $1000 for a service and it was wrecked.

I took the system out and decided not to go back to get it fixed cause whenever im there I get harassed by a sales guy to buy more and more products and I suck at turning down stuff I told him id get an alarm too and then never showed up haha.

I took it to a few places to ask what was the matter they said they did a half ass wiring job.

Happened to my friends Jeep too. Hes taken it back a few times.

NickGT
12-25-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by IRL

Even though I dont agree on the owners marketing...I have learnt alot in the last 2 years of working there. I take pride in the installs that I do...its not just get under the dash and throw shit together. I have turned into a perfectionist and I try to do as good a work is possible on every car that I work on.

Now, when and if the systems do fail...its by far completely out of my control. Faulty wiring is about 5% of the issues...and when wiring is at fault, thats because the install is generally over 4 years old back when T-Tapping was used.

Don't hate on us installers...we have a good team working in the back...

Thanks for the comments Tom, I appreciate it.

And the "Free Alarms", if any company in town gave alarms away completely free...I guess they wouldnt last very long in the industry. The owners have to make up for it somehow...and install cost is usually where they will get you.

How many times have you seen Vision advertise $1 satelite systems? If you think you are going to walk in there and pay $1 for them...well then, you need more help than I or anyone else on this board can offer.. :rofl:

I have more of a problem with the managment than the installers (although alot of people seem to have problems with installers as well haha). You see those $1 satellites or Free Cellphones, you know theres more to it, but they dont tell you. Now what the company you work for did was say FREE Alarms + You must pay for install.

Ok fair enough I understood everything when I went into to get the alarm. No hidden suprises, I knew I would be paying when I walked in the door. But for the amount I paid for the install alone, I got far from a good alarm. In fact I would rank it in the shit category in comparison to what I had done at visions for my mustang for the same price.

I'm glad you dont agree with the business practices, otherwise you can join the mangement crowd. And I know your just doing your job, and at least the alarm hasnt completely crapped out as I've heard others have. But as far as I'm concerned, I now have everything I want done at visions because at least they havent bullshited me, I get what I pay for.

Until Quinn stops promoting these "free" alarms then charging people insane install costs for piece of shit equipment (you know what, it would be different if they put in a GOOD ALARM, but they didnt). They are obviously doing this to make a quick buck on the average moron (which was me at the time). If they are doing this to make up the money for the alarm the install should have cost 100 bux not 350. period. cause that's all the alarm is worth. Charging extra to wire the headlights so they blink and little bullshit like that. :bullshit:

Smart business in that they make $$$$ but eventually they'll have to change their strategy for attracting customers, cause it doesnt take long for word to spread of a company that pulls this monkey shit like this. And alot of people feel the same way as me in that its not so much the fact that we paid 350 for an alarm. its that we paid 350 for a piece of crap compared to other products out there and Quinn talked it up like it was the greatest thing on the face of the earth.

I think from now on maybe when I get those "free alarms" I'll just go in and ask for the alarm in a box, and walk out. Is that even allowed or do they force you to pay for the install?

I'm sure you do amazing installs, and I know its something i have no clue about. im not pissed off at you, but the company you work for definitely didnt get my stamp of approval, if that even means anything.

nalizada
10-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).