PDA

View Full Version : Some people are great, some are fkn jackasses.

SilverBoost
02-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Well I broke down in the middle of an intersection last night. Yeah, great timing. Fuel pump pooched.

Anyhow, to the guy who stopped in a van to see if he could help, great guy. To the 2 teenagers who got behind me and pushed me through the intersection, thanks man, great guys. :thumbsup:

To the Tow Truck driver from Citywide Towing. Thumbs up man! He went the extra mile to make sure he didn't damage my car. Getting 4 dollies under a car that's 4" off the ground ain't easy. :thumbsup:

To the group of fkn jerkoffs in a white beater of a cavalier who just drove by and decided that instead of helping they'd yell, "Your car is a nice piece of shit", well I hope you rot in hell punks. Fuck, I guess it really does take all kinds to make the world go round. Bitches! :guns: Next time stop, if not to help someone out then at least to say your dickless comments to their face instead of driving by like couple of spineless bitches.

SilverBoost
02-27-2005, 02:47 PM
oh and one more thing.... when a car is shut down in a left hand turn lane with it's hazard lights on, it's not going to help it go anywhere by driving right up to the ass of it and hitting the horn! Man, I've never seen so many idiots congregate in one area before in the span of an hour. Fuck, how do these people even pass their drivers test? :dunno:

ehos
02-27-2005, 02:53 PM
I've never seen so many idiots congregate in one area before in the span of an hour. Fuck, how do these people even pass their drivers test? :dunno: [/B]

There is no 'nice guy' check on the drivers test.

And I find Calgary drivers are getting more and more irate over the traffic situation there = more rudeness.

BUT! You're lucky you're in Canada, I don't think ANYONE would help your sorry ass in the USA (unless you were in a small town). In any metro city, you would be pushing alone!

SilverBoost
02-27-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't think it's a responsibility for someone to stop. That all up to the person, and it's not like I expected anyone to, just glad someone did.

What I meant by that comment was, people need to understand what HAZARD lights flashing on a vehicle mean. It's a caution signal. And I'm pretty sure they tell you that when you get your license. Even though it should be common sense. I mean would you drive right up behind a stalled car that had it's hazards flashing? I know I wouldn't. Unless I was there to offer assistance, not blow the horn like an idiot who doesn't have a fkn clue.

Brains. Never leave home without them.

Ben
02-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Dude I hear ya on that one. My fuel pump on my GTI shit the bed while in Sylvan Lake on the main drag on a sunday afternoon when it's crazy busy, at a car meet cruise and nobody stopped at all to help other than Fluidic.

Christ, a cop even drove by and you know what he said?!

"Whats going on here?!" in an angry tone

"My fuel pump quit, just pushing to an open spot on the side of the road."

"Well get that out of here IMMEDIATLY! Get a tow truck, NOW!!!"

"Sir I'm trying as fast as I can here"

"I DONT CARE!!! GET THAT OUT OF HERE NOW!!!"

Fuck you too asshole.

Thanks for the help.

A790
02-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Dude I hear ya on that one. My fuel pump on my GTI shit the bed while in Sylvan Lake on the main drag on a sunday afternoon when it's crazy busy, at a car meet cruise and nobody stopped at all to help other than Fluidic.

Christ, a cop even drove by and you know what he said?!

"Whats going on here?!" in an angry tone

"My fuel pump quit, just pushing to an open spot on the side of the road."

"Well get that out of here IMMEDIATLY! Get a tow truck, NOW!!!"

"Sir I'm trying as fast as I can here"

"I DONT CARE!!! GET THAT OUT OF HERE NOW!!!"

Fuck you too asshole.

Thanks for the help.

I stalled out once about 2 minutes away from my mechanics (I was already on my way :rolleyes:) and a couple of guys stopped and helped me push right down to the shop. Nice guys :)

I totally know what you mean when you say that people are getting worse... they are, and it's sad. The funny thing is that most of these people are nice in person, just assholes behind the wheel.

Oh and Silverboost, sorry to hear about your car man.

streetarab
02-27-2005, 03:51 PM
on the way to school one morning my distributor exploded itself, thankfully i was on a hill and i just popped it into neutral and rolled into a gas station

but i know what you mean, i think its more a case of some drivers just not being observent, like theyre just to stupid to see the caution lights or know what they mean. like when the gas station i worked at got renovated, all the gas pumps were taken off the islands and set aside and the whole area was roped off, a lady came in to see if we could still pump her gas, i told her obviously not and she started swearin at me, maybe some things arent as obvious to other people, much dumber people....

/////AMG
02-27-2005, 03:52 PM
:werd: Some people are useless idiots, even when the hood is up and the hazards are on, they drive up to you and ask "WTF are you doing in the middle of a busy road during rush hour". I mean couldn't it have been more obvious.
When the tranny ceased up and gave out, on me last winter. I had about 3 or 4 guys pull over onto the median all at different times asking if I needed help moving it or anything else, course it wouldn't budge tranny was fucked to hell, but they tried anyway and offered help. Then you get idiots staring at you like you just fucked up their life or something. After calling towing ppl and everything, got my dad to pick me up, and while leaving a bloody bus driver opens his door while going 20KM/H and asks "Why didn't you move it on the side and off the road". I say "Trust me buddy, we tried it enough times." While closing the doors you could hear him talking shit under his breath. :rollseyes:

Anyway sorry to hear SilverBoost!
There’s always going to people like that, just ignore them, they’ll be in the same situation at least one time in their life.

SilverBoost
02-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys, and you ^^^^ said it man... i firmly believe in what goes around, comes around. If everyone thought like that it be a better place.

t-im
02-27-2005, 04:05 PM
ugh don't worry, I know how you feel

One time a few winters ago (during reading week) a few of us were on our way to Banff and we spun out on the highway and slammed into the guardrail a few times then ended up kind of in the ditch...

A few people stopped to help us (there wasn't much to do though)

A few honked at us like we were crazy

and a few people slowed down, opened their windows and took pictures of us while laughing their asses off..:rolleyes:

Weapon_R
02-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Nothing makes me more pissed off than those types of people who have no patience.

It was Rush hour, and I was driving on Memorial and 10st. My car decides to stall and not start up again (fuel flooded)

I could count at least 5 guys that honked angrily at me as they passed, 2 people who fingered me, and one who yelled "Get off the road, asshole".

Some people are complete animals. There was a couple of guys who gave me a push out of the intersection and into a safe place, and those guys were great.

canadian_hustla
02-27-2005, 05:58 PM
haha i hear you guys completely, my car has yet to break down in a situation like that (knock on wood), but the worst incident that i have seen was about 2 weeks ago (morning rushhour) where some older model jeep cherokee that was broken down in the left lane on crowchild between mcmahon stadium and kensington. Traffic was so badly congested because of this vehicle, that is was backed up way past university station. I swear, had this person taken their parking break off (with the car off), they could have EASILY rolled down the hill and off to the side. completely ridiculous

DuPont
02-27-2005, 06:21 PM
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
-Mahatma Ghandi

People can be the biggest dicks, and be in the biggest hurry when they're driving. :dunno:

oddjob
02-27-2005, 06:22 PM
:whocares:

I can't believe you're taking this seriously, the dood was driving a cavalier.

Nice car BTW.

PGTze
02-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Karma will come back around to kick those kids in the ass man. Gaurantee one day they will be driving alone and their car will break down right in the middle of macleod and glenmore and no one will help them. You might not be there to see it, but the world has a way of working these things out. If I can help someone out that's broken down I will for sure if I have the time. I just hope someone would do the same for me.

SilverBoost
02-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by oddjob
:whocares:

I can't believe you're taking this seriously, the dood was driving a cavalier.

Nice car BTW.

It's not that I took them seriously, it's just that given my circumstance and being a little peeved, it was salt in the wound. I just wished they would have pulled over and said it. :devil:

BumpinTalon
02-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost

It's not that I took them seriously, it's just that given my circumstance and being a little peeved, it was salt in the wound. I just wished they would have pulled over and said it. :devil:

its true. you drive the sentra even on the roads when they are like this??? ouch. how bad is it broken? and for what it's worth, I would have helped you. I am never in a hurry even though I might speed a wee bit.

Go4Long
02-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I'da pulled over...looked, had no idea what I was wrong...told ya you had a nice car, then left:P

SilverBoost
02-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Actually I only had it out because I was buying a new sub and wanted to test it in the car.

That's where the problem started. I took the fuel pump out today and the feedline inside was off. I guess it was loose and the bass did the rest. Simple little thing like that and you're on the side of the road. Ah well, at least by the time the new fuel pump gets in (broke it removing it) the roads will be that much better. :D

JordanEG6
02-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation. I feel you, my ignition coil decided to go on 32nd ave NE and i was pushing by myself while some idiots decide to stop right behind my car and expect me to move while honking their horn. That happened at least 4 times while i was out there, people were evidently too angry with me to notice that my flashers on and my hood was up.

I got rude stares, people yelling and some idiot told me to learn how to drive? yeah what an asshole. but luckily some guys helped me push.

This goes to show you that with the increasing stupidity and incompetence in calgary comes rudeness and lack of consideration. I really hope situations like SilverBoost's, mine and many others on this thread will decrease as time passes on. but i highly doubt it.

JordanEG6
02-27-2005, 10:38 PM
PS dont worry about the kids...they were driving a cavalier...karmas bound to hit them in the face when theyre shitty GM decides to break down also

Toms-SC
02-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Say it to your face? Why, you going to fight them?

Just let it hit your back and roll off

Rockski
02-27-2005, 10:57 PM
best thing to do is try to make the best out of a bad situation..

case in point, my buddy and i were heading out to sylvan lake for the day when his rad blew

so we made a sign that said "show us your boobs"

had some fun once we made it off the highway and it was a good way to kill time as we went

Barking_Spidre
02-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Shitty luck... People are idiots when it comes to paying attention or just plain common sense.

SilverBoost
02-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Say it to your face? Why, you going to fight them?

No, I mean I'm older than 12. Just implying that if they did have to say it to my face that they wouldn't have. People are brave when they don't have to deal with consequences in person. Kind of like some of the stuff I see on here.

I'm already over this, it's not like it kept me awake at night. Really just posted it so other people who have dealt with idiots could relate. Plus its good to get angst out of your system. :)

DuPont
02-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Just implying that if they did have to say it to my face that they wouldn't have. People are brave when they don't have to deal with consequences in person.

:werd: Those little fuckin' cunts that can flip you off doing 60km/hr, then turn off at the next intersection. You know sure as HELL they wouldn't have the balls to do it to your face.

T-Dubbs
02-28-2005, 01:55 AM
back about a year ago, when my engine blew, i pulled over on glenmore ( by earl grey golf course), and i had at least 4 people pull over behind me and ask if i needed a ride or a phone. Everyone should be like that,unless u have a decent reason.
after that i pull over to aid as much as i can, because i know what it feels like to be stranded.

"treat others, the way you would wish to be treated"

rinny
03-01-2005, 12:40 AM
oh and one more thing.... when a car is shut down in a left hand turn lane with it's hazard lights on, it's not going to help it go anywhere by driving right up to the ass of it and hitting the horn! Man, I've never seen so many idiots congregate in one area before in the span of an hour. Fuck, how do these people even pass their drivers test? :dunno:

haha, noooo shit- been there, felt it all

fuckin guys in a truck roll by with their fingers out the window...reeeall cooooool, do you guys really think i CHOSE to break down here at this time? i do have better things to do...

the worst is ppl driving by and staring at you, and especially those that stare and are in shittier cars than you

and yea, i live right by sylvan and know that the sylvan cops are notorious for being assholes

they are all the epitomy of the term piggy, especially when in HEAT

VetteRacin
03-01-2005, 08:23 AM
If I seen anyone on the road like that I'd definatly help them out

Phy
03-02-2005, 01:50 PM
I dunno, it helps to be proactive. The distributor control chip in my Probe tapped out on Deerfoot a few years ago, just past the big Anderson/Bow Bottom Clusterfuck. I managed to get someone to stop and give me a hand pushin' it off to the side, and they were real cool about it. 'Course, I'm probably just as lucky I didn't get shot or something...:rolleyes:

biggie_82
03-02-2005, 02:04 PM
I know how you feel man. But seriously, the world is not completely pretty. You'll be surprised at the amount of low lifes and scum that exists in any enclave of this world.

I would like to believe that they are lots of good samaritans like the ones that helped you out but it's always the assholes that leave a lasting impression on us.