PDA

View Full Version : To the person driving the silver sentra, on blackfoot last night:

canadian_hustla
02-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I hope you rot in hell for almost causing an accident, i was trying to merge from deerfoot to blackfoot and you decided to stop in the merge lane (when you were the first car and thus had copious amounts of room to merge - i.e NO ONE IN FRONT OF YOU)... yes I had to flick my hi's on to alert you of your presence, and that you really should merge to avoid an accident...

and then you had the decency to finger me. Well f*ck you!

people like you should not be on the road.. remember, yellow diamond signs mean merge (i.e be prudent, accel or decel to find a spot... but find a spot!).. NOT slam on your brakes.

If I would have rear ended you, I would have taken responsibility, it is about time that you take responsibility for your shitty driving.

end/vent.

I don't know about anyone else, but I do everything in my power to be a safe and prudent driver (always let someone in, give benefit of doubt) etc, and this stuff pisses me off

youngbex
02-27-2005, 05:55 PM
:whocares:

PGTze
02-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by youngbex
:whocares:

:werd:

oddjob
02-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

I doubt the dood is on here anyway if he doesn't know how to drive. This is a car forum ...........

Canaduh
02-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by oddjob

I doubt the dood is on here anyway if he doesn't know how to drive. This is a car forum ...........

yeah cuz there are no assh*les on here who can't drive:bullshit:

Speed_69
02-27-2005, 06:26 PM
there are two sides to every story..maybe you just didnt' see and the guy didn't have any room to merge. some people are more cautious then others at driving yea know. but nonetheless yes :whocares:

SilverBoost
02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
I saw "silver sentra" and though this might have been me ... but I was too busy being broke down on centre street to be any where near blackfoot.

Oh and I know how to merge. :)

canadian_hustla
02-27-2005, 06:42 PM
I saw "silver sentra" and though this might have been me ... but I was too busy being broke down on centre street to be any where near blackfoot.

haha not you, cautious is good, majority of people are, but being prudent and responsible is of a different level (which sadly less people are)

BumpinTalon
02-27-2005, 07:48 PM
merge lanes are terrible nowadays. the worst part is, even if it is a totally blind merge like the one going down the hill from my house (you go through a tunnel and then you have maybe 40 meters of visibility of the road you are merging on to and only maybe 100 meters of visibilty on the merge lane itself)... where if somebody is stopped halfway in the merge lane, you have almost no chance to stop, if you rear end them it is your fault.
merge lanes work great when people know how to drive, which unfortunately is less and less the case nowadays.

canadian_hustla
02-27-2005, 07:56 PM
merge lanes are terrible nowadays. the worst part is, even if it is a totally blind merge like the one going down the hill from my house (you go through a tunnel and then you have maybe 40 meters of visibility of the road you are merging on to and only maybe 100 meters of visibilty on the merge lane itself)... where if somebody is stopped halfway in the merge lane, you have almost no chance to stop, if you rear end them it is your fault.

you are absolutely right..

thank you, something posted that is actually meaningful. Merge lanes work, it is just that some don't know how to use them. Just like traffic circles, they work well too but only a small number of the people would actually know how to navigate one.. anyways that is my 2 cents.

yeah i know there is two sides to a story, but if you are looking at trying to squeeze in between some cars and someone stops in front of you, it is an extremely dangerous situation.

^SkylinE^
02-27-2005, 10:11 PM
I hate to say this but i would be posting a couple times a day if i started a new thread for every time some dumb ass almost killed me on the road.
sorry to say it but :whocares:
Calgary roads are horrible and drivers on the street these day are even worse. Get use to it:dunno: :rolleyes:

JordanEG6
02-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^

Calgary roads are horrible and drivers on the street these day are even worse. Get use to it:dunno: :rolleyes:

:werd: up. Calgary has extremely terrible drivers. if people posted rants like yours on a daily basis, we would need a seperate forum. so its best to keep that shit to yourself, but hey thanks for sharing.

heavyD
02-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

:werd: up. Calgary has extremely terrible drivers. if people posted rants like yours on a daily basis, we would need a seperate forum. so its best to keep that shit to yourself, but hey thanks for sharing.

I agree. Calgary is home to some of the worst drivers ever to sit behind the wheel. This is definately one area where Edmonton spanks Calgary.

I may get flamed for this but I honestly believe that alot of it has to do with the influx of Saskatchewan drivers who spent most of their pre-Calgary lives driving on gravel roads.

BumpinTalon
02-28-2005, 10:58 AM
or maybe it's the Chinatown registration offices that will pass you on the driver's test no matter how terrible a driver you are.
besides, drivers in Toronto, LA and Hawaii are far worse then Calgarian drivers.

heavyD
02-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
or maybe it's the Chinatown registration offices that will pass you on the driver's test no matter how terrible a driver you are.
besides, drivers in Toronto, LA and Hawaii are far worse then Calgarian drivers.

I disagree on Toronto. Are you serious? Calgary drivers make Toronto drivers look like NASA pilots. I could argue that Montreal drivers are worse than Toronto drivers but Calgary is the king when it comes to bad drivers in Canada.

canadian_hustla
02-28-2005, 05:54 PM
I disagree on Toronto. Are you serious? Calgary drivers make Toronto drivers look like NASA pilots. I could argue that Montreal drivers are worse than Toronto drivers but Calgary is the king when it comes to bad drivers in Canada.

couldn't agree more HeavyD, I think it has something to do with Calgarian ego, not that I am exempt or anything but there is a lot of money here, a lot of successful people and thus a lot of people in a rush. The thing that worries me the most is not the bad drivers that fuck up (at least they learn from their mistakes - as I have done in the past), but the ones that fuck up and then either blame you or completely ignore the situation. My girlfriend had her car completely run off the road (to the point she ended up on the sidewalk) on 4st. from some lady that changed lanes into her... my g/f said that the lady was so oblivious that she didn't know what she had done. That is the problem, if you think it is bad now just wait till more of this shit starts happening and people starting get hurt from recklessness. me 2cents.

Khyron
02-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
there are two sides to every story..maybe you just didnt' see and the guy didn't have any room to merge. some people are more cautious then others at driving yea know. but nonetheless yes :whocares:

There is never a reason to stop in a merge lane (barring gridlock or an EMS vehicle).

Khyron

MidnightDreamer
02-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

There is never a reason to stop in a merge lane (barring gridlock or an EMS vehicle).

Khyron

I agree... my friend totaled his car avoiding a car that had stopped in the merge lane... Of course I can't say much about that either... b/c it's still his fault the car is totalled... but ppl who stop in the merge lane should have stupid driver stickers all over thier car, and have to wear a dunce hat lol... I usually try to keep an eye on anyone who's in front of me while merging, but it's tough when there's a lot of traffic and you're checking the main road for any openings...

Another thing that pisses me off like crazy are people who travel lower than the limit when attempting to merge... It's just common sense, a car can decelerate much faster than it can accelerate so it's prudent to be traveling faster than traffic speed to make a smooth merge... If you're moving fast on the merge lane, all you have to do is find a spot, and manage the brakes to make a smooth transition... but if you're moving slower, it's harder to tell if you can make it in without cutting someone off.

Sometimes people on the main roads have no common sense either... they'll keep thier cars where you have to merge even when there's plenty of space in the passing lanes... I always make it a point to make space for mergers even if I have an exit that I have to make ahead... It's easy to get back into your original lane...

My 2c's.

Speed_69
02-28-2005, 11:19 PM
i bet that most people here have stopped in a merge lane at least once before! so everyone is just being a hypocrite. sometimes it is impossible to get a spot in without cutting someone off so they stop in the merge lane. i've done it a couple times so i'm not going to blame other people for doing it too because i highly doubt that none of you have never done it. especially during rush hour, there is just no room sometimes. yes you shouldn't stop in a merge lane when there is enormous amount of room to merge but seriously this topic should be already closed. :whocares: if someone stopped..get on with your life already! it's not the first time you've seen a stupid driver on the road

BokCh0y
02-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

:werd: don't forget delta driving school :D

QuickCivic
02-28-2005, 11:31 PM
well..
what can you do..
rules are rules.. we make rules to make road safe.. people that doesn't follow rules are just hazards on the road.. same with merge lanes.. people that does not know how to merge.. are a harzards on the road.. i get pissed atleast 5 times a week to dumbass drivers.. sometimes.. i signal to change lanes.. and a car that's 5 cars away speeding... honks at me for trying to in that lane.. well shit.. if you weren't speeding.. and or had the coutersy of letting a guy in the lane instead of hugging the road.. that pisses me off.. share the road.. and stop racing..
excuse me of my bad ass english

canadian_hustla
02-28-2005, 11:38 PM

^ ^ ^

hahaha, awesome.. can't forget "ABC Driving School"
where they drive shitty 1980's rustbucket toyota tercels

hahaha so funny watching them drive 10 km/h under the speed limit in the left lane

- - - - - -

point being is there is shitty drivers out there, and for the record this was not at rush hour (it was at 10 at night). And about the last post hazards are dangerous on the road... it doesn't matter if it is a broken down car, a chair, or an unexperienced driver in the middle of the road... ALL ARE DANGEROUS. I am open to critiques about improving my driving, these people that don't know how to drive should listen to constructive criticism instead of fingering back (because really no one wins)... my 2cents.

MidnightDreamer
03-01-2005, 12:31 AM
i bet that most people here have stopped in a merge lane at least once before! so everyone is just being a hypocrite. sometimes it is impossible to get a spot in without cutting someone off so they stop in the merge lane. i've done it a couple times so i'm not going to blame other people for doing it too because i highly doubt that none of you have never done it. especially during rush hour, there is just no room sometimes. yes you shouldn't stop in a merge lane when there is enormous amount of room to merge but seriously this topic should be already closed. :whocares: if someone stopped..get on with your life already! it's not the first time you've seen a stupid driver on the road

Haven't driven longer than 3 years... but not once in that time have I ever stopped in a merge lane... Scares the shit outta me... Worst that's happened was I continued on the shoulder... I can't imagine having to make a merge where you have to bring your car up to traffic speed from a stop... when cars are blazing by at 110kph relative to you it becomes difficult to even track a spot that you can get into safely... In the 9 or so seconds that it would take you to even get your car up to 100kph traffic patterns would change and you might not even have a place to jump into... (This is in a dense traffic situation where you might be forced to stop.)

I can understand how you might be forced to stop on a merging lane... but I still think it's one of the stupidest things people could do... if anything, I think continuing on the shoulder would be better than coming to a complete stop...

canadian_hustla
03-01-2005, 12:35 AM
Haven't driven longer than 3 years... but not once in that time have I ever stopped in a merge lane... Scares the shit outta me... Worst that's happened was I continued on the shoulder... I can't imagine having to make a merge where you have to bring your car up to traffic speed from a stop... when cars are blazing by at 110kph relative to you it becomes difficult to even track a spot that you can get into safely... In the 9 or so seconds that it would take you to even get your car up to 100kph traffic patterns would change and you might not even have a place to jump into... (This is in a dense traffic situation where you might be forced to stop.)

^

absolutely!!!! And that was written with the fact that there was traffic and you had to find a spot, but imagine if the light had just turned green and you were much farther ahead of the traffic flow... no excuses period. Merging is something that others (other than ourselves) depend on, if i don't merge correctly the people behind me are f*cked... and shit why would I want to put myself in danger by stopping... i mean, if someone was looking for a spot and didn't see me stop in front of me I would be severely rear ended.

Khyron
03-01-2005, 12:43 AM

10+ years, never stopped in a merge lane unless someone was stopped already. Not once. You can ALWAYS make room. It's called being an assertive driver. You have equal right of way, so if they aren't making room, you cut them off. And if some idiot speeds up for some reason, you snake right in behind him instead.

But there are still a lot of idiots, so you have to watch for them - including sitting in a merge lane (or driving the wrong way down crowchild. :eek:

Khyron

youngbex
03-02-2005, 09:06 PM
thats why these forums about BLH BLAH BLAH cut me off or did this or that need to STOP

:whocares: :whocares: :whocares:

there are dumb driversm deal with it people

youngbex
03-02-2005, 09:06 PM
thats why these forums about BLH BLAH BLAH cut me off or did this or that need to STOP

:whocares: :whocares: :whocares:

there are dumb driversm deal with it people

canadian_hustla
03-03-2005, 12:42 AM
10+ years, never stopped in a merge lane unless someone was stopped already. Not once. You can ALWAYS make room. It's called being an assertive driver. You have equal right of way, so if they aren't making room, you cut them off. And if some idiot speeds up for some reason, you snake right in behind him instead.

no doubt man, but youngbex is MORE than right (posting the same thing twice = emphasis? or you want to increase your post count?), we have to deal with it.. cheers to all you good drivers out there