View Full Version : ipod fm transmaitter

bluetornado2007
02-27-2005, 08:59 PM
whats a ggood ipod fm transmitter?

benyl
02-27-2005, 10:34 PM
None.

They all flake out.

The best out of the crappy ones that I have used so far is the Monster one.

djayz
02-27-2005, 10:41 PM
i would say itrip i bought the monster to try it out...you get good sound because its also giving power to the ipod but for the price its not worth it

the itrip is good cuz you can take it anywhere not just in the car and you dont have to connect all those wires in your car. and if you want little bit better recption just buy the car charger. plus on the itrip you can choose any station on the fm band...with the monster you only get from 88.1 to 89.5

TurboMedic
02-27-2005, 11:34 PM
iTrip works well, but be careful, on some vehicles FM transmitters don't work (ie: mine!).....my car has a roof rear mount antenna, and it doesn't work at all, I use the Belkin tape adapter ($2 at the flea market!), sounds great too!! When I'm at work I use the iTrip in the ambulance, which has a front fender antenna, and it works great.....Be a good idea to try one first....

benyl
02-27-2005, 11:49 PM
The problem with Itrip is that you need to load the software onto the Ipod to use it. With the monster, you just plug and play. The added feature already mentioned is that it charges your ipod too.

I went with the best solution. I bought an Alpine HU with the Ipod connector.

TurboMedic
02-28-2005, 09:35 AM
/\/\/\ no you don't! If you plug the iTrip into the ipod without the software installed, you can only broadcast on 87.9 fm....the only thing the software allows you to do is change the frequency of transmission, which isn't a big deal here, our 87.9 is nothing......I haven't installed the software yet!

djayz
02-28-2005, 11:11 AM
same i just use the defauilt works fine

Evro
03-01-2005, 10:25 PM
:guns:

wildrice
03-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Evro
:guns:

wtf???
stop post whoring

newayz to answer the original question, try to get a hold of both and try them out.
See which one fits ur needs and meets ur requirements

djayz
03-01-2005, 10:49 PM
yah i tried them both out monster and itrip...i returned the monster too much wire and i cant use it at home

just want to find a cheaper itrip now 60 still seems to much

n e one selling one used?!

eb0i
03-01-2005, 10:58 PM
I bought the iTrip to try it out in my car. I was thinking it wouldn't work after reading up on it since my antenna is on my back window, plus I have metallic tinting on it. But to my surprise it works great! Not the crisp cd sound, but what do you expect when you are transmitting on a FM Band. After finding out it worked greatly I purchased a belkin iPod cup holder and a griffin power adapter for the car as well, now I'm all set to go! :thumbsup: :burnout:

p.s. I also just use the default frequency on my iTrip. I had the stations installed but removed them as I saw there was no point in having them. The only problems I find is that when I'm downtown in amongst the tall buildings there seems to be a lot of interference. I don't know why though :dunno:

djayz
03-01-2005, 11:02 PM
theres radio waves going through those buildings....there two buildings that when you drive between them your radio gives you a loud whining noiise...happens everytime haha so annoying

yah im yet to find a good place to put my ipod in my car...i noticed when its in the front seat of my car the sound is boomy but when i put the pod in the back portion of my car the mids and high boost up so its crisp...i also have an antenna on my trunk

TurboMedic
03-02-2005, 02:59 PM
I found my iTrip for about $25 bucks on eBay, and then $8 shipping, still cheaper than anywhere out here, and it was NIB.....

djayz
03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
yah...but i dont want to wait like 4 weeks for it to come

grock698
03-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Check Vistek in Calgary they have the mini fm transmitter for 45.99.

rmk
03-08-2005, 03:40 PM
i had an itrip and it broke after a couple of weeks (guess im just heavy handed with these things) but look at the ends. they're bound to break sooner or later. i just bought the belkin transmitter and it is good, but it takes batteries and they will need replacing. more $$.. i'd go with the belkin charger & transmitter combo, which was like 55.00 @ compusmart. good luck!

rmk
03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
on a side note: the companies that are manufacturing these ipod accessories are making a fukin killing! i couldnt believe the prices... someone has a huge pile of money. 30.00 for a plastic cover to protect it that cost prob. 40 cents to make :eek: :eek: :poosie: :nut: talk about a great market to be in.