PDA

View Full Version : help? or ideas?

SneakyNeek
02-27-2005, 10:08 PM
i just recently bought a new sound system for my 05 fire

it already has a factory cd player installed on it and i just want to keep that one and not buy a new deck

but when we took the paneling off and such the back of it didnt have any plugs ins for rc cables or nothing

i really dont want to go out and buy a deck so if any one could help me or give me any ideas on what to do that would be much appreicated.

thnx Matt

88CRX
02-27-2005, 10:36 PM
what are you trying to do?

run an amp/sub? if so, just buy a deck.

djayz
02-27-2005, 10:38 PM
if your trying to run an amp and subs and dont want to buy a new deck i believe your only other alternative would be to buy a processor but you might as well go out a buy a deck..itll save you a lot of hassle and your system will be better tunable

spike98
02-28-2005, 12:35 AM
Factory Head Units can be just as good as Aftermarket CD player. What you need is a Line Output Converter (LOC). What it does is take the signal from the speaker leads and converts it to RCA preouts that you can use to hook up amps too. Despite what others have said above you can obtain the EXACT same results with a LOC. But a quality one is a must. Scoche makes a good one. As well as Audio Control. Just do some reasearch and find one that fits your need.

SneakyNeek
03-03-2005, 03:20 PM
i am going to br running 2 10inch legacy saphires 800watt

and a kenwood amp

but im sick of spendin money so i figured since its already got a cd player i dont want to change it

i need to know if this loc thing will really work or what

im trying to do the least expensive thing possible

Gspotracer
03-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by spike98
Factory Head Units can be just as good as Aftermarket CD player. What you need is a Line Output Converter (LOC). What it does is take the signal from the speaker leads and converts it to RCA preouts that you can use to hook up amps too. Despite what others have said above you can obtain the EXACT same results with a LOC. But a quality one is a must. Scoche makes a good one. As well as Audio Control. Just do some reasearch and find one that fits your need.

I think it might be cheaper to just buy a lower end deck with pre-outs, rather than spend the money on a quality LOC:dunno:

spike98
03-03-2005, 03:30 PM
http://www.autosound2000.com/adaptor_products.htm

These are some of the BEST LOC's you can buy. Pick one that suits your needs Probably the NE-8V would be best. Its isn't not super cheap but you are paying extra for the quality of the LOC.

SneakyNeek
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
thank you