PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q7

benyl
02-27-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1474/bigImages/img01.gif

Audi has provided a surprise preview of the Q7, its forthcoming luxury SUV.

The big 4x4 was flashed before people's eyes at a special event to mark the 25th anniversary of the company's Quattro system.

A production version of the neo-legendary Pikes Peak concept car, the Q7 shares technology with sister company Volkswagen's fabulous Touareg.

Due for launch a year from now, it will offer a choice of petrol and diesel engines, none of which will make a slug of it. This is sure to include the magnificent V10 diesel from the Touareg; the company's W12 unit may also make an appearance.

The vehicle is expected to make its first full public appearance at Frankfurt in September.

-TopGear.Com

Jerms
02-27-2005, 11:34 PM
this looks sweet,

do you know the price or anything of it yet?? and what year will it be released in canada?

benyl
02-27-2005, 11:49 PM
I am sure that it will be $80K+ considering a fully equipped Allroad is $70K.

Also the Toureg with the V10 TDI is $80K+ and the Audi will likely be priced north of that.

ZorroAMG
02-28-2005, 09:36 AM
LOL so a 3rd variant of the same SUV. Neat. :rolleyes: BTW, what room is there for price differences between the Porsche, VW and now Audi?? 80K for the top VW, 80K for the base porsche...for 90K I'd get the Cayenne over either of those, just cause it's the top of the "food chain"...

t-im
02-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
LOL so a 3rd variant of the same SUV. Neat. :rolleyes: BTW, what room is there for price differences between the Porsche, VW and now Audi?? 80K for the top VW, 80K for the base porsche...for 90K I'd get the Cayenne over either of those, just cause it's the top of the "food chain"...

actually you can get cayenne's for 60~

and i'd much rather have a cayenne also (over a VW)

I don't see the Audi SUV as being that interesting as it'll be the same as those 2...except in audi format..

crazydriver
02-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Wow that looks hot :hitit:

benyl
02-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Reminds me of what GM does with all their cars... there is a variant in every family.... It is the same damn car!

Goblin
03-02-2005, 05:11 PM
benyl, you are so right. The new montanna sv6 is the relay from saturn, the chev version, and the olds version.

many people dont notice that... so dumb..

Looks good tho!

bspot
03-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
benyl, you are so right. The new montanna sv6 is the relay from saturn, the chev version, and the olds version.

many people dont notice that... so dumb..

Looks good tho!

Many people don't notice that Oldsmobiles aren't made anymore, so there is no relay equivalent.

So dumb ;)