PDA

View Full Version : attn: Car Start/Alarm installers

AllGoNoShow
02-28-2005, 01:48 AM
Any of you know any products out there that do somethign like the following or could be modded to do it.

You know the buzz or beeping or ding or chime or whatever when you leave the keys in your ignition? Well how about people who can't hear. I work with someone like that and he always leaves his keys in the car and I thought I would look into something for him to help him out. If we could osmehow wire up something so instead of buzz or whatever, it would send a signal to a transmitter and the transmitter would then send it to a vibrator on his belt or something so he would know he left them in the car.

Maybe we coudl build it out of partial alarms or something from systems that have died or blown up or been un-installed and can't be reused because all the parts aren't there or aren't working.

If anyone thinks they could figure something out or help in this please let me know, I know this would mean alot to him. Some of you are probably thinking well why waste the time, how many times does someone lock their keys in the car, we'll he does it probably once a week or once very 2 weeks, quite often sadly enough so I want to help him out.

Let me know, thanks!

DoubleLP
02-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Well you could always wire in say an light or somthing that was very visible on the dash that when the car was not running and the keys are in the ignition that the light would be on to remind him that his keys are still in the ignition.

Just an idea. :)

AllGoNoShow
02-28-2005, 01:53 AM
The problem is, its when he is half out of his car ready to slam the door shut it hits him he left his keys in there, by the time he turns around its too late and the door is shut :(. The light idea might work I'll talk to him about it, get a bright shift light in there or something.

GTS Jeff
02-28-2005, 01:55 AM
the buzzer is usually hidden behind the dash somewhere...so find it, unplug it, then wire the light directly into the plug.

Strugari
02-28-2005, 08:20 AM
What kind of car is it that he has. You could wire in a simple relay to break the circuit so that the door lock does not work if the door is open and the key is in the ignition.:thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
02-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Its an 89 Cavy If I remember right, around that year.

Strugari
02-28-2005, 03:42 PM
The relay idea will work. You will need two relays. You could wire it up so that the door lock will not function with the door open and the key in the ignition.
Using both the key sense, and the door pin, would allow the lock to function with the door closed.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

offroaderdodge
02-28-2005, 04:05 PM
i would be tempted to hide a button in thr grille to unlock the door,if he could unlock door without making it obvious,that would work too.i had to do it for my brother,it was hidden far enough back the he used a pencil to activate it through grille.

yobi5888
02-28-2005, 05:20 PM
how about a couples more set of keys in his pocket :dunno:

AllGoNoShow
02-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Yah I told him to put a key in his wallet and at work, but it still doesn't help if he leaves his wallet in the car or looses it and locks himself out, outside of work.

That grill idea is a good one. Did you have it on a popper so it opened, or just electric so it unlocked?

liztic
03-02-2005, 05:32 PM
attach one of those dummy strings to both the key and his/her wrist?
no, in all seriousness, my mother and brother are hearing impaired and this is a great idea! it's hard for peeps like that, because if you give them caa or something like that, using the phone is also hard for them

let me know if u think of anything

AllGoNoShow
03-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Well he has the CAA plus shit cause I guess he locks his keys in his car more then once a week :P, uses CAA quite often by the sounds of it. The dummy string probably wouldn't work for him, but I am going to plan up that dummy button thing and bring it to him and see what he thinks about it. Hes a mechanic himself so he might be able to do it all himself which would be A+