PDA

View Full Version : Too Cool Motorcycle School

mo_virgin
02-28-2005, 03:16 AM
So im gonna sign up next week for late april, whos else is gonna learn to ride this season? Also if i could get some testimony from previous graduates thatd be great!

FroggerDude
02-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Absolutely fantastic place to start learning to ride! some of the best intructors around. You'll learn tons have tons of fun at the same time! Definitely recommended!

Importz
02-28-2005, 03:48 AM
i was thinkin takin it....what do they teach? how to stop turn stuuf like that?

Shaolin
02-28-2005, 08:33 AM
I took it with Mike and them 3 years ago when they were at "A" Driving School.. a good bunch of guys, you spend the weekend learning the licensing drills (serpentines, uphill starts, etc).. I think there was 11 of them.

If it's still the same, they will teach 4 hour in class for basic common sense stuff, and the rest of the weekend is on the bike.

Dave P
02-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Great School, Great Instructors, I am gonna take an advanced class again with them soon.

Highly Reccomend:thumbsup:.

http://www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com/images/album/Class2003/large/11.jpg

RickDaTuner
02-28-2005, 10:33 AM
who/where do i call to sign up?

Kobe
02-28-2005, 10:39 AM
www.toocoolmotorcycleschool.com

Amazing, the in-class was accully fun and funny, There was 9 obsticals that they teach you, and that is what the test is on after..

Bikes are all 01 +

Great School...

mo_virgin
02-28-2005, 03:55 PM
If there are enough people interested for the same time we could register as a group and save about 20$ each. We need four people for a group.

lastprodigy
02-28-2005, 03:59 PM
^ how much does it cost and how long is the coursE?

mo_virgin
02-28-2005, 04:03 PM
They have a weekend course... and/or a weeknight course. They both cost about 400$

RickDaTuner
02-28-2005, 04:08 PM
im down for that count me in for the group

mo_virgin
02-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Good... but as a group we would all have to agree on a time... post your preffered dates... and wether you want to do weekday or weekend

Here's the email i received:

Hi Johnny:

Here's some info re: prices/available dates:

2005 TCMS Basic Course Price and Schedule

The Basic Course costs $389.00 + GST ($416.23 total).

Groups of 4 or more receive a $20.00 discount per person.

We do 2 courses each week starting March 18. There's a weekend course and a weeknight course.

The earliest available courses right now are:

weeknight: April 4-8. All later weeknight courses are available.

weekend: April 30-May 1. All later weekends are available.

In addition (and preferably prior) to the 5 weeknights or weekend of on-bike training, students spend one evening in classroom. The following classroom dates are all available:

March 18

April 8

April 29

May 13

June 3

These are all Friday nights, from 6:00PM-10:30PM.

So all you have to do is pick a classroom date and then either a weekend or
5 (consecutive) weeknights.

Thanks for your interest,

Mike Kaufmann

RickDaTuner
02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
well what ever date works for me to be honest :dunno:

mo_virgin
02-28-2005, 05:03 PM
^^^ good thats the best answer

lone_one
02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
I would do the March 18th classroom date and then the April 8-10 th on bike...

I would have to know right away though, as I would have to book it off, and pay the school..

let me know by reply if I can fit into the schedule.

Katana13
03-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey, I'd love to learn. Can someone PM me with the information for the dates/times of any groups that are registering -- or if anyone needs an extra in their group?
Thanks

X_plorer
03-04-2005, 03:22 PM
2 Cool is awesome, The instructors are great, it is a fun time to be had by all. If you have any trouble or need help they take the extra time so you know what you are doing, they are all a great bunch of guys and really know their stuff. I totally reccomend!! Both my boyfriend and I went there and neither of us knew anything about bikes and both passed. The only thing I would reccomed is doing the 5 day course, it is pretty intensive and we came home exhausted every night, so I can only imagine how you would feel after the two day weekend course.

Katana13
03-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Good to know....I know very little about bikes but want to learn how to ride.

mo_virgin
03-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Ok so we finally have 4 "Interested people"

Me
Rickdatuner
Lone_one
Katana13

Id prefer to do the weekday course either on
April 18 - 22
OR
April 25 - 29

However...

I am willing to do a weekend course if the group agrees on it.

Lone_one: Can you do a later weekend?

lam-boy
03-05-2005, 12:30 PM
They are good guys, Trevor and Mike are really good teachers.

Nav13
03-05-2005, 01:37 PM
to all the people who are going and those of you who have, did you guys wear leathers to the classes? or just a denim jacket and what not?, i guess this is more geared towards the people who have had no experience at all with bikes and riding in the class would be the first time you sit on a bike.

lam-boy
03-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Nav13
to all the people who are going and those of you who have, did you guys wear leathers to the classes? or just a denim jacket and what not?, i guess this is more geared towards the people who have had no experience at all with bikes and riding in the class would be the first time you sit on a bike.

they supply helments and gloves. I went there with jeans (because I could not afford leather atm) but I wore a thick ass leather jacket. It gets hot but hey, if you wanan be safe you gotta stick with it.

mo_virgin
03-05-2005, 04:09 PM
What about boots? Cause i dont have anything cept sneakers and dress shoes.

Oh and to eveyone else interested... out group isn't restricted to 4 people so if you guys are interested.... post it up or PM me

lam-boy
03-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
What about boots? Cause i dont have anything cept sneakers and dress shoes.

Oh and to eveyone else interested... out group isn't restricted to 4 people so if you guys are interested.... post it up or PM me

you have to bring your own shoes. they want something up to ankle hieght and no dangling laces, so if you have laces make sure you tie it up in like 40 knots or something and tuck them away so they don't get lose and get stuck on the chains/foot pegs and such on the bike.

LudeRoca
03-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

they supply helments and gloves. I went there with jeans (because I could not afford leather atm) but I wore a thick ass leather jacket. It gets hot but hey, if you wanan be safe you gotta stick with it.
oh im more then ready to go all out on gear if i get my liscence and get a bike, its just I dont want to drop like $1000+ on gear before I even sit on a bike. But yea mo_virgin if more people is better then you can count me and my brother in. We are pretty much free anytime, but would rather a weekend course seeing how its easier to get the weekend off from work rather then a full week. But if the majority are into the weekday course, then we can adjust.

edit: need to know 2 weeks in adavance to book time off work, oh and this is nav13, sorry I was on my bro account when posting but yea the two people i am talking about in this post are (me =nav13, brother luderoca)

mo_virgin
03-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Alright... Ive Pmd everyone who was interested... if you did not receive a PM contact me.

peter.pan
03-10-2005, 12:32 AM
went with these guys when they were still at A driving school as well, great in class as well as on the bike training, did the 2 day course and yes it was pretty intense to be on a bike all day since I never sat on one before. Highly recommended for safety and you will feel a lot better once you get out there with all the cagers.

mo_virgin
03-12-2005, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the interest everyone... i couldn't round enough people for the same time. But its cool, im signed up for the weekend of april 30th. Anyways happy and safe riding this season you squids.

LudeRoca
03-16-2005, 12:47 AM
enjoy it:thumbsup:

Nav13
03-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
Thanks for the interest everyone... i couldn't round enough people for the same time. But its cool, im signed up for the weekend of april 30th. Anyways happy and safe riding this season you squids.

I could have came on that date, I had mentioned in my reply to your pm, to let me know if the date changed from the original one you had pm'd me with. Oh well I guess Ill register seperately too.

mo_virgin
03-17-2005, 03:42 AM
^^^^

Yeah i was aware that you could, but i didn't find two others. We needed a group of 4. Sorry man, im on a tight timeline.

Nav13
03-18-2005, 01:44 AM
no worries, it was only $20 less anyways.