PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft in Calgary

cycosis
02-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Well, im looking into buying some airsoft equipment, for those of you who don't know, its replica rifles and SMGs that shoot bbs. are there any clubs in calgary? does anyone on beyond play? its a lot of money to spend if no one even does it here.

Superesc
02-28-2005, 05:21 PM
There are clubs in Calgary, PM Kenc .

spike98
02-28-2005, 05:41 PM
www.rangersairsoft.com

www.jocairsoft.com

TypeS
02-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Yea man I play as much as I can, went out with the rangers a good amount of times last year. My buddy has like 6 or 7 guns so we usually have quite a pack going, pm me if you want to come out some time and we can get you aquainted with the teams in calgary:thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
02-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by TypeS
Yea man I play as much as I can, went out with the rangers a good amount of times last year. My buddy has like 6 or 7 guns so we usually have quite a pack going, pm me if you want to come out some time and we can get you aquainted with the teams in calgary:thumbsup:

Just out of curiousity.. what do you guys shoot? :dunno:

davidI
02-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Just out of curiousity.. what do you guys shoot? :dunno:

each other. :D

rio_rex
02-28-2005, 09:48 PM
I play airsoft, we shoot each other either at the indoor arena(lazer trek), or outdoors at paintball feilds. Lots of fun...look into joc airsoft club as some ppl replyed earlyer.:thumbsup:

TypeS
03-03-2005, 12:41 AM
its military simulation really....seriously we scare the shit out of the paintballers when we are at the outdoor fields...everyone is FULLY decked in camo, tac vests, warpaint, and everyones holding M4's AK47's and glocks. Rounds last hours...one hit and your done man. There is something unexplainable about the feeling you get trying to run as fast as you can to the next spot of cover with a hail of bullets spraying past you.....its fucking intense:thumbsup:

Half the fun of airsoft is deckin' yerself out in the gear:bigpimp:

ryder_23
03-03-2005, 12:43 AM
jaymez_sti plays alot, pm him.

rio_rex
03-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Here's a pic of my gun...its AEG G36C Replica.....

rio_rex
03-03-2005, 01:03 AM
. oh yeah, the "bullets" in it are not real:nut: they are fakes to add to the realism of the gun...the gun is mainly composed of abs plastic

JAYMEZ
03-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Wierd... Well i just got back from Airsoft tonight .... Currently im on Team 7 , if you ask people in the community you will hear about us or the Rangers.

If you have some questions about gear , guns (metal (ICS)) or Plastic/metal (TM) , ammo and what not , give me a PM .

We are have a game this saturday at CTF in Cochrane .. $10 for fees with free hot dogs , $15 for Rental.

For people who have no idea what it looks like here is some local pics.

http://www.jocairsoft.com/albums/players/phox_seallkit.sized.jpg
http://www.jocairsoft.com/albums/Uploads/P1000072.sized.jpg
http://www.jocairsoft.com/albums/Uploads/DSCF0064.sized.jpg
http://www.jocairsoft.com/albums/Uploads/Picture_010.sized.jpg

Identical gun like mine , but mine is metal.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/albums/armalites/DEVGRU_3d.sized.jpg

TurboMedic
03-03-2005, 01:14 AM
So do you guys shoot Simunition (like police training), or actual metal BB's?? And what is the fps for those??

JAYMEZ
03-03-2005, 01:20 AM
We do swat and police training for the Indoors , and for the outdoors we go Military.

And we use 0.20g - 0.30 Graphite BBs , FPS indoors 300fps , and for outdoors around 400-500 ish.. Sniper rifles shoot high FPS.

For indoors for JOC , we do not use full auto , unless you have a MAC 11 , then you can go crazy , but for outdoor , full auto is ok.

but join up on http://www.jocairsoft.com/

T-Dubbs
03-03-2005, 02:07 AM
that stuff looks hardcore/ navy seal ish
what are those guns worth?

how do u play?
one hit your done? or what

how bad does the ammo hurt?

A790
03-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Not too bad... I have a Glock 17 springer and my buddy has an H&K 9mm gas blowback.

To get into a good airsoft gun is usually around $400 or so.

SEALS in Calgary has a great selection, and some of the surplus stores have the spring loaded airsoft guns kicking around too. The Shooting Edge has a few airsoft as well, but most of the stuff is real... heh... :D

shakalaka
03-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Damn! This stuff wants me to get into it. Looks and sounds so cool. But i only got a freakin spring loading pistol. Guess that wouldnt work too well!

A790
03-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Hey, if you can aim, you got a fair shot. it only takes one.

Orbie
03-03-2005, 10:09 AM
There are definitely a lot of people that do it, Kenc is a good friend of mine, he owns and operates his own airsoft business in Calgary. If you are interested in buying or learning about it (clubs etc.) you should definitely pay him a visit. He's a great guy and very enthusiastic about getting more people into it: www.007Airsoft.com (http://www.007Airsoft.com )

T-Dubbs
03-03-2005, 02:35 PM
where else can u buy airsoft guns in calgary?

Nav13
03-03-2005, 02:45 PM
with all the gear on do you even feel the bb?, or does it still hurt like a mother?, whats it like compared to a paint ball?

JAYMEZ
03-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Its about the same pain as a paint ball , but we dont wear full masks , so you can get bleeders very easily.

As for gun prices , you are looking around $300 for a good hand gun , and $400 - $6000 yes $6000 for guns.

As for springers , you want to stay away from those , they shoot about 125 FPS , and are really only good as a back up gun..

I currently play with an ICS m4 , USP compact handgun , knife... its good for indoor , but for outdoor ill be lookin at playing with , m4 , Defender shotgun , 2 hand guns , and about 9-10 mags..

And for buying guns , 007airsoft , Rangers airsoft , JOC has some good second hand ones for sale right now.

But the thing with Airsoft , dont buy a gun unless you are going to play , because Police will take them away from you , they are real life sized replicas... but replicas are illegal ... but replicas cant shoot ..so Airsoft guns fall under a BB gun , but they arent.... so as you can see its in the grey area.

TurboMedic
03-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Do they need to be registered then?? How do you go about not getting your stuff jacked by CPS?? I would love to buy one (Walther P99 rep), and would use it occasionally, but not hardcore.....

AcuraTl
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
how do u know if u have shot sum1? i guess this game really relies on honestly eh...

BigDL
03-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Its sure relies on honor, however if you shoot someone they dont call a hit, shoot them again. If they still dont call their hit shoot them even more ;) well at least thats what i do.

JAYMEZ
03-03-2005, 10:23 PM
^^ Yup exactly DL.. All about Honesty , we get alot of the older crowd out for JOC , and if people dont call hits , we boot them from the club , we keep a very close community. But usually if someoen doesnt call hits , shoot them until they bleed LOL.

About registering , maybe....

But the guns are technically illegal , and if you wave it around , it will get taken away , and a police officer will not know if its a real or not ,because they are the exact same... so if you put your gun up towards the officer , they could easily shoot you.:guns:

shakalaka
03-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
Its about the same pain as a paint ball , but we dont wear full masks , so you can get bleeders very easily.

As for gun prices , you are looking around $300 for a good hand gun , and $400 - $6000 yes $6000 for guns.

As for springers , you want to stay away from those , they shoot about 125 FPS , and are really only good as a back up gun..

I currently play with an ICS m4 , USP compact handgun , knife... its good for indoor , but for outdoor ill be lookin at playing with , m4 , Defender shotgun , 2 hand guns , and about 9-10 mags..

And for buying guns , 007airsoft , Rangers airsoft , JOC has some good second hand ones for sale right now.

But the thing with Airsoft , dont buy a gun unless you are going to play , because Police will take them away from you , they are real life sized replicas... but replicas are illegal ... but replicas cant shoot ..so Airsoft guns fall under a BB gun , but they arent.... so as you can see its in the grey area.

Hey Jaymez.
Where are these games held here in Calgary? Fees to enter and stuff? Where do I show up if I wanna play for some time? I wouldnt mind showing up with my springer just for fun. I wouldnt want to go buy an expensive one and end up not liking the sport. That would be a waste. Any details would be helpful. Thanks man.

BigDL
03-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Go to www.jocairsoft.com, there is a sign up thread/section for all our games :P. For indoor its at lazer trek as stated above i believe. Its $15 fee for indoor games, and you can rent a gun to see if you do like the sport. Just go check out the fourms for more info :P.

kenc
03-04-2005, 06:00 PM
It's great to see so many responses regarding an airsoft thread :)

My name is Ken and I founded the first successful airsoft club in Calgary back in 1998. Visit my website for lots of info about airsoft equipments, you can also reach me at [email protected]

The JOC website is great as well and you can make lots of airsoft friends there :)

Welcome to airsoft in Calgary.

Ken

JAYMEZ
03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Yup what Ken said ^^^

Sign up on JOC , say your new and you need a rental . Read the rules first and dont ask questions you can search for :D

Expiredsoda
03-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Identical gun like mine , but mine is metal.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/albums/armalites/DEVGRU_3d.sized.jpg [/B]

Your gun has a real EOTech 551 on it?