PDA

View Full Version : Info on cars not knowing.

marq-jt
02-28-2005, 06:47 PM
ok a buddy of mine wanted to know and i dont have the answer for it .. hopesomeon here can help..

he bought a car and lets say he didnt get the info of the car liek the history of the car and then months later one of my friends told him that his car was actually a written off and put back on the road...but the people he bought it off from never told him that....

anyone have any suggestiong to what he can do if it was true the people sold him a car that was written off and the ynever said anything about it...??

1badPT
02-28-2005, 06:51 PM
what he can do is kick himself in the head for not checking it out before he bought. with used cars its buyer beware.

90Tegra
02-28-2005, 08:22 PM
ahahah he can pat himself in the back a couple times with a brick for not checking it before buying it.

canadiandaytona
02-28-2005, 08:26 PM
It doesn't take much to write off some older cars...so it could be Hes making a big deal out of nothing...
Theres Nothing he can do about it so unless theres a Problem with the car he should worry about it...Lesson learned

statick
02-28-2005, 08:34 PM
yea, he cant really do anything, is anything actually wrong with the car tho ?

marq-jt
02-28-2005, 08:37 PM
umm not really but now hes having second thoughs because he asked the people that sold it to him and the ysaid no its not a write off but then my buddy told him it was...

ohh well guess nothig nhe can do

djayz
02-28-2005, 08:38 PM
he can call ama give them the VIN number and find out.
also he can check the registration slip he got from the previous party...should say rebuilt on there

marq-jt
02-28-2005, 08:41 PM
we already know that...lol but thanx though

Barking_Spidre
02-28-2005, 09:55 PM
How does your buddy "know" its been written off?

And ya, he can't do anything about it. Always check it out. There's websites you can check VIN's on but I'm not sure how realiable they are.

Weapon_R
02-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by marq-jt
we already know that...lol but thanx though

You've answered your own question then. Check the registration, if it says "rebuilt", its a write off. If it doesn't, it isn't. Simple as that.

BlueGoblin
02-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Some provinces have 'disclosure' laws on vehicle registrations that require a write-off to be attached like a lein onto the vehicle's title.

Alberta is not one of those provinces, so even a dealer can sell written off vehicles without letting you know.

Some years ago Stadium Nissan sold a family member of mine a nearly new pathfinder that turned out to have been rolled. Stadium knew about its damage history but hadn't bothered to mention it.... They hadn't bothered getting an independent inspection a) because it was nearly new and b) you can trust a dealership right?

hehehe...wiser now....

BokCh0y
02-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by 90Tegra
ahahah he can pat himself in the back a couple times with a brick for not checking it before buying it.

:werd:

Carfanman
03-01-2005, 12:43 AM
^^ Im going to use that.

69cougar
03-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin
Some provinces have 'disclosure' laws on vehicle registrations that require a write-off to be attached like a lein onto the vehicle's title.

Alberta is not one of those provinces, so even a dealer can sell written off vehicles without letting you know.

Some years ago Stadium Nissan sold a family member of mine a nearly new pathfinder that turned out to have been rolled. Stadium knew about its damage history but hadn't bothered to mention it.... They hadn't bothered getting an independent inspection a) because it was nearly new and b) you can trust a dealership right?

hehehe...wiser now....

wrong!

Alberta Consumers are protected by the Fair Trading Act enforced by that amvic thing,

try
www.amvic.org