PDA

View Full Version : The Game dropped by GUint and a shooting in NY, shit is hittin the fan.

88CRX
02-28-2005, 10:23 PM
50 Cent Calls Game Disloyal, Kicks Him Out Of G-Unit
02.28.2005 10:22 PM EST

The G-Unit just got smaller. 50 Cent announced Monday night (February 2 that the Game has been excommunicated from the crew because he feels the Compton rapper isn't loyal.

On New York radio station Hot 97, 50 told DJ Funkmaster Flex he was
disappointed with comments Game made on the station Saturday night, when the West Coast MC revealed he would not be getting involved in the beefs 50 is stirring up with "Piggy Bank" (see "50 Cent's LP Pushed Up, Harsh 'Facts' Sound Like Disses On Leaked 'Piggy Bank'").

According to Flex, Game even said he was going to do a song with Nas. "He's gone," 50 scoffed. "He might as well make the record."

50 also said Game should stop saying "G-Unit." "He thinks he's doing me a favor when he says that."

During his conversation with Flex, 50 claimed Interscope was going to drop the Game until 50 stepped in and got involved with The Documentary. 50 also insisted that he's making more money off The Documentary than Game is, and that he wrote more choruses than he's credited for.

Believe it or not, Game was on Hot 97 earlier in the evening, talking to host Angie Martinez. When listeners called in to ask about his and 50's problems, Game simply said he was going to continue to make "good music." Two nights prior, Game had said on-air that he and 50 did not have to be friends as long as they worked toward that same common goal: making good music.

For weeks there'd been rumors of friction within the G-Unit camp, but they'd always downplayed or outright dismissed the talk, and they even held it together long enough to shoot a joint video for The Documentary's "Hate It or Love It," which debuted Monday on "TRL."

A rep for Interscope had no comment on the implosion.

88CRX
02-28-2005, 10:25 PM
and then right after/during 50 bitchin on the radio this went down ...... i guess on of 50's bodygaurds was shot

NEW YORK -- A man was shot Monday night in the lobby of the Manhattan radio station where Lil' Kim's entourage engaged in a shootout in 2001.

It wasn't immediately known how badly the man was injured in Monday's shooting, which occurred in the lobby of WQHT, or Hot 97, on Hudson Street, police spokesman Sgt. Kevin Farrell said.

No arrests had been made.

Lil' Kim is on trial for allegedly lying to a grand jury investigating the 2001 shooting. Opening statements were to begin Tuesday.

Subscribe to Newsday home delivery

DUBBED
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
ummmm that shooting says it took place in 2001??? :dunno:

EDIT: nevermind I read it again slowly, I don't understand what Lil'Kim has to do with any of this other than her buddies were shot there 3 years ago??

nismodrifter
02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
50's just mad that his album sucks haha
edit: read the article carefully homie hahahaha, man, it says that there was a shooting on Monday night in the same location as a 2001 shooting.

Chester
02-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
50's just mad that his album sucks haha
edit: read the article carefully homie hahahaha, man, it says that there was a shooting on Monday night in the same location as a 2001 shooting.

:werd:

turbotrip
02-28-2005, 10:36 PM
the games already made a name for himself, and if he just stays with aftermath he'll still continue to explode

88CRX
02-28-2005, 10:39 PM
SOHH.com has learned that a 26-year old man has been shot tonight (2/28) in the lobby of New York City radio station Hot 97 -- apparently in retaliation for statements made by 50 Cent while at the station this evening.

The victim, identified only as a security guard for 50 Cent, was shot in the hip and was taken to St. Vincent's hospital in Tribeca.

http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=6777

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

lastprodigy
02-28-2005, 10:45 PM
whats the source for the first article?

88CRX
02-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
whats the source for the first article?

mtv

88CRX
02-28-2005, 10:56 PM
http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/crime/nyc-fifty0301,0,1492389.story?coll=nyc-homepage-breakingheadlines

ken-gsr
02-28-2005, 10:58 PM
the games crazy.

BumpinTalon
02-28-2005, 11:01 PM
East Coast vs. West Coast part 2... this will be interesting.

A_3
02-28-2005, 11:16 PM
^ We'll see, I don't want to see half the good commercial rappers in the business go down again.

JordanEG6
03-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

eeeww..nothing will ever be like bad boy/death row. all the good rappers and serious beefs are gone. hip-hop is turning into WWE, it sucks.

BTW, G-Unit sucks too. what was dr dre thinking? :thumbsdow

RiCE-DaDDy
03-01-2005, 02:37 AM
his new name:

HURRICANE GAME??? HAHHAHAA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

50 might quit shady/aftermath too lol

dj_honda
03-01-2005, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

:werd: :werd: :werd:

so does eminem. same shit every album.

finboy
03-01-2005, 02:54 AM

eeeww..nothing will ever be like bad boy/death row. all the good rappers and serious beefs are gone. hip-hop is turning into WWE, it sucks.

/////AMG
03-01-2005, 04:56 AM
Here we go again, one more time boys...

I can't stress this enough, quit with the bullshit, The Game is doing what he wants, it's he choice, 50 should be looking up to him. Game doesn't want to start shit which is good.
This will never be like Death Row vs. Bad Boy, and I hope they don't even try to make it like that. But the media will compare this, and mention Pac n Biggie a lot!

I don't know why 50 is a fucking little idiot and like nismo said, he probably is pissed because his album sucks and The Game is on top of the world right now.

Anyway let this all happen, I wouldn't doubt that we will lose a rapper sooner or later. It always happens. Anyway let it be!
Benzino is probably having a good laugh right now.

Anyway only good rapper right now Game (some songs), also Eminem has some very good songs lyrically. I wish Bigge and 2Pac were alive. :cry: :cry:

/end massive post

86max
03-01-2005, 08:41 AM
The Game Kicked Out of G-Unit!!! (audio links)

50 Cent called into New York radio station Power 105 today (2/28) and announced his protégé The Game is no longer a part of G-Unit.

LISTEN TO THE WHOLE THING HERE (http://gunitworld.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53014&st=0&p=546844&#entry546844)

50 booted Game from his powerhouse rap outfit after the West Coast star appeared on Hot 97 with Funkmaster Flex this past Saturday and Angie Martinez this afternoon and refuted 50’s claim that he had a major hand in assisting Game with his debut, The Documentary.

The Game appeared on Hot 97 at the same time as 50 Cent was on Power 105 and was unaware of the announcement. It wasn’t until a caller phoned in and asked Game his thoughts on 50 Cent dissing him that the California rapper learned the news.

Game carefully avoided answering the question and responded by saying he would continue to make good music.

The next caller, however, challenged the Compton star and told him he wouldn’t be as successful without 50 Cent before Game retorted by telling the female fan to “suck it.”

In a recent interview with VIBE magazine, 50 stated he was brought in by Interscope Records to resurrect Game’s album, which according to 50 was on the verge of being shelved and Game being dropped from the label.

On Saturday, however, The Game told Funkmaster Flex that his status was never uncertain nor was ever close to being let go by Dr. Dre or Interscope Chairman Jimmy Iovine.

“It was the truth,” an animated 50 Cent told Funkmaster Flex on Hot 97 this evening after his appearance on Power 105. “He was getting dropped. Why else would they let me be a partner on a project that [Interscope] had for two years?

“I’m so disappointed,” 50 continued. “This is crazy.”

Earlier today, The Game repeated his assertions and also noted his displeasure with 50 Cent for publicizing a shoving match the duo had.

The Game compared the situation to the spat between former teammates Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant, which often took place through the media.

Yet The Game seemed to overlook comments he made during a previous Hot 97 interview when he initially discussed his and 50 butting heads over the direction of his album.

50, however, explained to Funkmaster Flex that there was no physical confrontation of any kind.

“We ain’t never had no pushing and shoving match,” said 50. “That’s entertainment. I was trying to follow up with him and not make him look crazy by saying it didn’t happen. Because he says a lot of things and then turns around and takes it back.”

50 Cent then remarked on Game calling out Jay-Z while in Amsterdam and then quickly dissipating any rumors of beef between him and the Def Jam president once he returned.

He said Game called him from overseas to check on the status of any potential disagreement Jay-Z had. 50 never got in touch with Jay-Z, but received word from sources close to Jay that the emcee was just warning Game.

The Game recently returned from a European promotional tour for The Documentary and was confronted with reports of a growing riff between him and the rest of the G-Unit camp.

Although he downplayed the situation, the rapper revealed jealousy was playing a role in the information floating around between him and his former clique.

“I been hearing mixed things, getting mixed e-mails, getting phone calls, so I don't know the nature of where this is coming from,” Game told AllHipHop.com a few days ago. “I just got back from Europe so I haven't heard a lot of things and at then end of the day, some people are frustrated with the success of my album.”

50, on the other hand, felt just the opposite.

“I think he has a problem with my position,” 50 said. “I think he’d like to be 50 Cent. Like, the head of the situation. To be technical, I make more of his record than he does.”

50 added that he contributed at least six songs on The Documentary, including the chorus for “Church For Thugs.”

He called Game’s album his EP before it was the Cali rapper’s album. “I muted my vocals and gave him records.”

In a moment that perhaps foreshadowed Game’s departure from G-Unit, the rapper revealed on Saturday his intentions of recording with Nas, a nemesis of 50 Cent.

Funkmaster Flex questioned Game for aligning himself with Nas, but the rapper responded: “When I have beef it seems like I’m always by myself.”

50 told listeners Game might as well cut the track with Nas now.

As for the rest of G-Unit, Young Buck apologized to 50 Cent on air while at Power 105 for his lyrics regarding Game on “Let Me In” when he rapped “You ain’t no Blood like Game.”

“He’s just a rapper, he don’t live it, man,” said Buck. The Tennessee native then offered to “take care of him” referring to Game before 50 intervened and told him it wouldn’t be necessary

Lloyd Banks simply said: “He don’t move like we move.”

Meanwhile, Jadakiss and D-Block have confirmed that they are going to respond to 50 Cent’s disses in the song “Piggybank.” The Yonkers native called into DJ Clue’s radio show late Monday.

“I got a whole clip loaded up,” Jadakiss said of 50. “Half a dollar is nothing. I’ma destroy this dude.”

Last week, Fat Joe told DJ Kay Slay he would respond to 50 Cent on his next album, but the Bronx native said he would prefer to handle the G-Unit general one on one in the street.

Joe called the rapper a “CB-4 gangster” and quipped 50 has been beefing with Ja Rule for 4 years and hasn’t even slap boxed him yet.

During 50 Cent's interview, an unidentified man was shot in the legs outside of Hot 97’s offices in New York.

According to sources, the man shot was a 20-year-old Los Angeles male in 50 Cent’s entourage. 50 Cent and Olivia were immediately ushered out of a side building. Police are investigating the shooting and no suspects were available as of press time.

The victim was shot in his leg and taken to a Manhattan hospital for examination.

lsc2g
03-01-2005, 09:00 AM
man thats pretty gay... i thought this was going to make gunit explode even more

if he stays on aftermath something bad is going to happen unless this is all for publicity..

DUBBED
03-01-2005, 09:01 AM
LOL

“I got a whole clip loaded up,” Jadakiss said of 50. “Half a dollar is nothing. I’ma destroy this dude.”

lsc2g
03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
hey i wonder if this means 50 is gonna pull the hate it or love it remix from his album then??:dunno: i love that track tho

88CRX
03-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by lsc2g
hey i wonder if this means 50 is gonna pull the hate it or love it remix from his album then??:dunno: i love that track tho

its comes out today.... little late to make changes lol

lsc2g
03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
i thought it was the 8th?? oh well lol

teknical
03-01-2005, 10:41 AM
hahahaha thats hilarious Young buck is a real gangsta

“He’s just a rapper, he don’t live it, man,” said Buck. The Tennessee native then offered to “take care of him” referring to Game before 50 intervened and told him it wouldn’t be necessary.

He's the only one that will actually step up and take action.

ca2p3r
03-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by teknical
hahahaha thats hilarious Young buck is a real gangsta

“He’s just a rapper, he don’t live it, man,” said Buck. The Tennessee native then offered to “take care of him” referring to Game before 50 intervened and told him it wouldn’t be necessary.

He's the only one that will actually step up and take action.

real gangsters stab ppl on live tv

skandalz
03-01-2005, 11:17 AM
^fa shizzel

/////AMG
03-01-2005, 12:31 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love this, fuck them all more entertainment for me. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wildcat
03-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love this, fuck them all more entertainment for me. :clap: :clap: :clap:

^exactly. the key word is entertainment. these guys are getting the best publicity money CANT buy and your all falling for it.

Dave P
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
only in hip hop.....

JordanEG6
03-01-2005, 04:25 PM
hip hop is uber gay. everyone is the same. most of them think they 'come from the streets' and they pose around and rap about having bring, nice cars and theyre own crappy XXL clothing line.

what ever happened to the 4 elements of hip hop-
turntablism, graffiti, lyricism, and bboying?

DC2uned
03-01-2005, 06:42 PM
hip hop is uber gay. everyone is the same. most of them think they 'come from the streets' and they pose around and rap about having bring, nice cars and theyre own crappy XXL clothing line.

what ever happened to the 4 elements of hip hop-
turntablism, graffiti, lyricism, and bboying?

What the fuck is "bring"?

Anyways, it sucks that The Game got cut. But he didn't really fit the G Unit mold to start with. G Unit ownz you fools. :rofl:

A_3
03-01-2005, 06:55 PM
^ I think he meany "bling"

DC2uned
03-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by A_3
^ I think he meany "bling"

I know. :english:

JordanEG6
03-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by DC2uned

What the fuck is "bring"?

Anyways, it sucks that The Game got cut. But he didn't really fit the G Unit mold to start with. G Unit ownz you fools. :rofl:

i meant 'bling' woops...and G Unit is terrible. :thumbsdow

PGTze
03-01-2005, 08:11 PM

I personally think this was all staged, you could see it coming a mile away. I beleive this whole situation was caused on perpose to gain publicity for the two rappers.

interlude
03-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

I personally think this was all staged, you could see it coming a mile away. I beleive this whole situation was caused on perpose to gain publicity for the two rappers.

So you think this was staged? lol.. Sucks to be the guy who got shot.. since it was staged and all

:guns:

gggunit
03-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by PGTze

I feel the same way.. they start beef with each to sell albums.. dre said it best in "The Show" its entertainment were in the entertainment business

3g4me
03-02-2005, 01:27 PM
I personally hope they all kill each other.

BumpinTalon
03-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by gggunit

I feel the same way.. they start beef with each to sell albums.. dre said it best in "The Show" its entertainment were in the entertainment business

this might put Dre in a tough spot... because he will either have to feature just the Game, just 50, or neither. It all depends on who Dre thinks can go further I think, and since the Game doesn't seem to really want to get shot or shoot someone my money's on the Game.

gggunit
03-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Dre's gonna choose 50 since him and EM have history now.. and dont think Dre wants to be in compton or accosiate with anyone frm there..

lsc2g
03-02-2005, 03:52 PM
dude dre is from compton!!

but yea he will chose 50..

or in 2 weeks game and 50 will be homies again and we'll realize it was all a scam to sell records

2.4l
03-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

lastprodigy
03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
dude dre is from compton!!

but yea he will chose 50..

or in 2 weeks game and 50 will be homies again and we'll realize it was all a scam to sell records

dre is from near compton...not quite compton though

wildrice
03-02-2005, 05:08 PM
i thought it was the 8th?? oh well lol

it was the 8th, but then once he found out his album was leaked, he bumped it forward to the 3rd

HuMz
03-02-2005, 05:25 PM
mark my words 50 cent will be dead within a year.... he now has beef with game, on piggy bank he disses fat joe, shyne, jadakiss and the rest of d-block, he also has beef with nas. I dunno if hes trying to follow in Pacs foot steps thinkin he will become a legend after he dies, but dude already said hes made enough money he doesnt care if he lives or dies so its only a matter of time

HTN SWCHS
03-03-2005, 11:28 AM
have you heard the masacre yet? i have a leaked copy and it sucks, if 50 came out with half the shit on the documentery then howcome this album didnt do anything special for me

EG STyLeZ
03-03-2005, 04:59 PM
here's a link to a video explaining it all:

http://rapidshare.de/files/745715/MTV.News.Sway.Explaning.50Cent.TheGame.Situation.wmv.html

Honda_002
03-03-2005, 05:22 PM

this might put Dre in a tough spot... because he will either have to feature just the Game, just 50, or neither. It all depends on who Dre thinks can go further I think, and since the Game doesn't seem to really want to get shot or shoot someone my money's on the Game.

Dr. Dre will just leave the record label like last time when Death Row got into the "Dramatic side" of rap where they lived off controversy. He will most likely choose neither and keep doing what he does best.

He's not one to get into grudges. He is just about making music, and keeping the records and company's tight.

smokedog
03-03-2005, 05:24 PM
50 cent a bitch.....his music is fake...and he's a bitch..same with G-unit

BumpinTalon
03-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by 2.4l

iam crazy
why the fuck do you have a no dsm sign? i find that funny.. iam guessing your integra got absolutley raped by a bone stock talon.
did i mention integras are pussy? regardless of trim:eek:

please don't start

lsc2g
03-03-2005, 07:18 PM
dude why the fuck would dre quit his own label?

Originally posted by Honda_002

Dr. Dre will just leave the record label like last time when Death Row got into the "Dramatic side" of rap where they lived off controversy. He will most likely choose neither and keep doing what he does best.

He's not one to get into grudges. He is just about making music, and keeping the records and company's tight.

88CRX
03-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by 2.4l

iam crazy
why the fuck do you have a no dsm sign? i find that funny.. iam guessing your integra got absolutley raped by a bone stock talon.
did i mention integras are pussy? regardless of trim:eek:

what the!!!???!@!?!!?

not another honda hatin' dsm owner... who would of thought.

88CRX
03-03-2005, 07:58 PM
1 - 50 did NOT say he was leaving interscope/shady/aftermath

2 - Dre wont leave his own label.... this is different then death row.... lol.... he has his own this time around.

A_3
03-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
1 - 50 did NOT say he was leaving interscope/shady/aftermath

Taken right from the MTV website.

"I can't sit there while he's tied up on another project," 50 fumed on the radio. "I love Dre, but if he's confused with what direction he wants to go in after this, my next album will have the same 20 cuts this album has on it, but it will be sold as a double CD. It will fulfill my requirements with Interscope Records. It will be the end of my Shady/Aftermath [deal] and I will move forward in my career as a Shady/G-Unit artist."

So he doesn't say he's leaving interscope or shady, just aftermath. I really could care less, i'm dissapointed with 50's new album and think he's all about stirring up as much shit as possible. He's getting his 15 minutes of fame, he'll end up over exposing himself through all these "beefs" and everyone will tire of his game and move on. IMO 50 should enjoy this success well it last because I don't think it will be too much longer.

88CRX
03-03-2005, 11:40 PM
but interscope is shady which is aftermath.... which is gunit.... its all the same lol.

A_3
03-04-2005, 12:20 AM
I know it's ridiculous. "I'm going to leave one company for the same company". :dunno:

gggunit
03-08-2005, 08:54 PM
- some more news on this.

On Saturday, The Game taunted 50 Cent on stage in California, and told him, "Come and get me."

I am allowing them the opportunity to bow out, to move forward," 50 Cent said in a live interview on Hot 97

Cops have ratcheted up security at hip-hop hot spots in the city, afraid the feud will escalate.

"What he said is not enough to say I hate him," said 50 Cent.

"It's something we can get past. It's not that crazy. I want to have a conversation with him to figure out what's going on."

lsc2g
03-08-2005, 09:12 PM
yea i was reading on allhiphop.com that 50 is squashing the beef now.. LOL he probably sold his million in 1 week and the click will be popping again..

anyone else think its fucking gay that right now 2 of the biggest songs out are 'how we do' and 'hate it or love it' i find it pretty funny

EG STyLeZ
03-08-2005, 11:28 PM
here's a new audio clip of 50 Cent commenting on everything, including the dispute with Game, the new album, etc.

http://rapidshare.de/files/803905/New50centinterview.mp3.html

Pacman
03-09-2005, 10:25 AM
What ever happened to REAL hiphop???

ca2p3r
03-09-2005, 11:01 AM
it died with biggie and pac

88CRX
03-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ca2p3r

i was just gonna say that.

gauranteed every g-unit hater rides pacs dick :thumbsdow or they just hate all rap.

--------------------------------------

and incase anyone cared lol....

from allhiphop.com
50 Cent, The Game and their respective camps have decided to lay their beef to rest and will make a formal announcement at a press conference today (March 9). This morning The Game called into Hot 97 with Angie Martinez to reveal the plans.

"It’s going to be a positive thing for both sides," said Game. “I think it’s so much bigger being that the date is March 9 [Biggie Smalls’ death date]. I’m def doing to do what I got to do...[to be] on a positive note.”

The two will hold the press conference today, coincidentally on the same day Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace was gunned down.

The dispute will be resolved at the Schomburg Center For Research in Black Culture in Harlem, New York at 2:00 pm.

50 Cent will also announce the launch a new foundation, the G-Unity Foundation, which 50 claims will "help people overcome obstacles and make a change for the better in their lives."

“I realized that if I’m going to be effective at that, I have to overcome some of my own," 50 Cent said in a statement today (March 9). Game and I need to set an example in the community.”

Both artists will make charitable donations to the Boys Choir of Harlem and the Compton Unified School District Music Program.

The combined donations are aimed at helping the The Harlem Boys Choir Academy reach their fundraising goal to receive a matching grant.

Slightly over a week ago, 50 Cent booted Game from his G-Unit camp and the ensuing friction resulted in a man affiliated with Game's Black Wall Street label getting shot outside of Hot 97's.

Since, 50 has relaxed his views and extended an olive branch to his former protégée.

Game said that the press conference was such a pressing matter than he was ushered to New York in a private jet.

“I see this as a real opportunity to show the power of our community," Game added. "50 and I are proving that real situations and real problems can be solved with real talk. This can also be seen as a big step for my organization, Black Wall Street, in terms of making a difference. Maybe we can help save some lives…the way rap music saved mine.”

In related news, 50 Cent’s album The Massacre is expected to take the #1 slot on Billboard's Top 200 album charts.

The album moved most 1,000,000 copies in the first four days of being released, thanks in part to the publicity the Queen's, New York rapper's album received due to the shooting.

/////AMG
03-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by ca2p3r

:werd: I wonder how it felt like in at the end of 97 and 98, how and what people thought about hip hop music. I'm too young to remember, hell I don't even remember what happened 2 weeks ago :rofl:
But anyway hop hop is shit now...

There was an articl ein the paper yesterday, somethign like Game was on a show in LA and rippe dhis bullt proof vest of fand said "come get me, i ain't scared" or something like that.

WTF? I thought he didn't want to get into beef in shit, I though he was diff, guess not just another big headed rapper. :guns:

ca2p3r
03-09-2005, 11:17 AM
March 9 - RIP NOTORIOUS BIG!

nismodrifter
03-09-2005, 12:45 PM
he moved his mill and hes done with the argument....nice way to sell a shit load of albums in a couple days...

lsc2g
03-09-2005, 02:42 PM
yea dude fucking 50 pushed 1.1 million from last thursday to this monday!!! gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggunit!

gggunit
03-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Rap sucks cuz you cant relate to it anymore.. like the big tymer all they rap about is cars and money and platnum.. what the hell is that about??? or 50 same thing money or Im gonna shot this guy then that guy ..

88CRX
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Rap sucks cuz you cant relate to it anymore.. like the big tymer all they rap about is cars and money and platnum.. what the hell is that about??? or 50 same thing money or Im gonna shot this guy then that guy ..

thats a pretty weak argument..... 2pac and biggy were no easier to relate to.

Hell, i just listen to what sounds good.... i dont need to relate to it to enjoy it

mo_virgin
03-09-2005, 06:46 PM

I agree for the most part... the mainstream shit is brutal. All that shit does is reinforce negative stereotypes. Wheres the shit i can relate too? its out there, but its not coming from these fools.

PGTze
03-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Like I said before, this was all planned if you ask me. 50 made his killer album sales and that's all that matters. Fuck I can't beleive this publicity stunt is actually working, even my boss was bumpin the new album in his truck today, and he's like a 40 somehting redneck type, lol.

A_3
03-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

thats a pretty weak argument..... 2pac and biggy were no easier to relate to.

Hell, i just listen to what sounds good.... i dont need to relate to it to enjoy it

I find I can relate to underground rap. And Pac was so popular because he could relate to the true struggle of the black people... i.e. young pregnancy, racial discrimination, unfair justice. His mother was a black panther so pac had a bit of radical in him, he wanted to change things. His style changed when he got shot with "hit em up" but that was a legit fued, not something made up for mad bra's, blunts, and bling. Biggie was so famous because of his uncanny flow, the way he put lyrics together was amazing. Rap today I can't really buy into because it's so false. I'm sure these guys have seen some rough times but all they rap about is how they have 10 times more bitches and money then you do and how they kill every mother fucker who looks at them wrong. To me that's b.s., I still listen to rap as a light form of entertainment because I like some of the beats and it's good mindless music but it's not the same as when I used to listen to tupac and actually see where he was coming from and why he was saying the things he did. I wasn't black but I had apathy for what he was saying and that's why I respected him so much and to this day think he was the best thing to ever happen to rap. None of the g-g-g-g-unit crap, if I wanted to hear ridiculous lies I could let the johovah's witness's who keep dropping by my house explain to me how evolution never happened to a beat.

SUPRAPHAT
03-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Here's my take on Rap.

First of all, there is no "HIP-HOP" in todays music(Anything mainstream)

Its the beats that attract me to rap, I love all the different beats that rap creates.

If I could do anything in the world right now, I'd probably love to create beats for mainstream rap.

I also like a lot of the "shoot em up, I'm loaded" lyrics for some odd reason. Just cus they say it and someone listens to it, doesn't mean someone is actually going to commit crimes because of it. I take it for what it is, and that's rhymes and beats intermingled to make a great sound.

True hip-hop is underground. It's a lifestyle, not just music. Nothing today in mainstream music is considered hip-hop. Hip-hop has mediocre beats and sound but generally has very good, heart felt lyrics. I like hip-hop just for the lyrics mainly as not a lot of hip-hop has beats that appeal to me. If you want some good hip-hop, listen to KRS-ONE or DL incognito. Or go even deeper and just listen to some really underground stuff as those two are closer to mainstream beats with hip-hop lyrics.

Summary:

Mainstream Rap = Awsome beats, mainly not as good lyrics unless you like the shoot em up/ I got money lyrics(Which I do)

Underground Hip-Hop = Not very good beats, great down to earth lyrics.

Jason

PGTze
03-09-2005, 08:08 PM
post edited by nismo - plz read thread before posting in future. The news story you posted has already been posted by another user just a couple posts above.

finboy
03-09-2005, 10:52 PM
from http://www.h1phop.com

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050309/i/r3842927988.jpg
NEW YORK - Perhaps selling 1.1 million copies of his new album in four days has softened the heart of 50 Cent. Or maybe he has so many feuds going, he can afford to let one go.

On Wednesday, 50 Cent and The Game publicly squashed a bitter feud that had erupted into gunfire last week after 50 kicked Game out of his G-Unit clique for disloyalty.

The two platinum-selling gangsta rappers didn't exactly kiss and make up. When they emerged before a media throng at Harlem's famed Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, both looked as if they'd been shoved into apologies by a stern mother.

But they did shake hands, albeit at the end of the press conference, after speaking about contrition and the need for peace.

50 noted that Wednesday was the anniversary of the unsolved murder of Biggie Smalls in 1997, the culmination of a rap war between Biggie and Tupac Shakur that pitted East Coast against West.

"We're here today to show that people can rise above the most difficult circumstances and together we can put negativity behind us," said 50, a native New Yorker. "A lot of people don't want to see it happen, but we're responding to the two most important groups, our family and our fans."

"I just want to apologize on behalf of myself and 50," said Game, who's from the Los Angeles suburb of Compton. "I'm almost ashamed to have participated in the things that happened in the last couple of weeks."

50 presented an oversized check for $150,000 to the Boys Choir of Harlem. Game donated $103,500. It was not clear why Game chose that amount or whether he had been reinstated in G-Unit; no questions were taken at the press conference. They also both made contributions to the Compton schools music program.

Is the truce sincere?

"Of course it was genuine," said hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, who was at the event. "They stood on stage together."

At the very least, it was a remarkable concession for rappers who routinely brag about killing their enemies.

"It is the first time we've seen 50 publicly take a step back" from a battle, said Elliott Wilson, editor in chief of the hip-hop magazine XXL.

In a statement earlier Wednesday, 50 Cent said: "I'm launching a new foundation, the G-Unity Foundation, Inc., to help people overcome obstacles and make a chance for the better in their lives ... to help them overcome their situations. I realized that if I'm going to be effective at that, I have to overcome some of my own. Game and I need to set an example in the community."

50 Cent has always set an example — usually as an unapologetic criminal gleefully wreaking havoc on other rappers. He almost single-handedly dismantled the multi-platinum career of Ja Rule by relentlessly targeting him in songs, magazines and his 2003 debut, the eight-million selling "Get Rich or Die Tryin'."

Last week 50 released his sophomore CD, "The Massacre," which including a song attacking rappers like Fat Joe, Nas and Jadakiss for making a record with Ja Rule. But his beef with Game was unusual because it involved a member of his own camp.

As 50 was on the radio announcing the expulsion of Game from G-Unit — apparently because Game wouldn't turn his back on some of 50s many enemies — Game's crew rolled up to the station. Guns were fired inside the lobby and a member of Game's posse was wounded.

Game is a protege of superproducer Dr. Dre, who put Eminem (news - web sites) on the map, who in turn made 50 Cent a superstar. They're all on the same parent label, Interscope Records.

Those relationships probably played a hand in Wednesday's reconciliation.

"It's pressure for 50 to look at it from a business perspective and not a personal perspective," Elliott said. "I think the press conference was forced by the mainstream media's reaction to the incident. They don't benefit on a business level to be associated with violence."

Could the whole thing have been a publicity stunt for two rappers with albums in stores now?

Elliott doesn't buy it. "There really was a beef. I think there was a genuine conflict that 50 felt The Game was unappreciative of all the work he did on his album ... and Game is feeling like, 'I'm my own man now.'"

But the two have apparently decided that they have more to lose going against each other.

"I think (50) will continue to beef with other artists," Elliott said. "But to beef with your own artist and someone who you're in business with, it doesn't help you."

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050309/capt.nygb10403092108.music_rap_ruckus_nygb104.jpg

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

lsc2g
03-09-2005, 11:31 PM
GOOD!

what do you know just like i said on page 1.. there back together and being homies.. i bet it was all for record sales

i think 50's new cd is actually pretty good after listening to it for a while now i like it alot.

games cd is the best cd of 05 so far until kanye hits us again

finboy
03-10-2005, 12:01 AM
GOOD!

what do you know just like i said on page 1.. there back together and being homies.. i bet it was all for record sales

i think 50's new cd is actually pretty good after listening to it for a while now i like it alot.

games cd is the best cd of 05 so far until kanye hits us again

werd, can't wait for kanye's new album :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

haze4dayz
03-10-2005, 09:55 AM
http://www.hot97.com/music/todaysnews.aspx

Kaos
03-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by haze4dayz
http://www.hot97.com/music/todaysnews.aspx

look about 3 posts up.
Finboy beat ya to it.

Anyhow, thats one less enemy for 50.
I think that the beefs not over though.
It seems like it was a forced truce.

Wildcat
03-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
^exactly. the key word is entertainment. these guys are getting the best publicity money CANT buy and your all falling for it.

i think "i told you so" is in order.

bspot
03-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Most annoying and overused word ever: beef

(unless refering to succulent bleeding things that you can eat :drool: )