PDA

View Full Version : F.S. Cheap Complete System 600Mhz

MidnightDreamer
02-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Finally got the parts together to complete the system.

PIII 600E Mhz
Seanix Columbia III MoBo
384MB SD Ram
Seanix CS Series Case
16MB AGP Voodoo 3 Video Card w/ S-video Out
(S-video --> Composite Video cable included)
3.2 GB Hard Drive
On Board Sound
10/100 Network Card

It's a very clean simple set up.
I would recommend using this as a work computer for work processing or spreadsheets. The system is more than powerful enough to be used as a multimedia computer. Just make sure you get the most up to date video/audio codecs and players. The system would also be great for any student.

There are 2 PCI slots left for expansion.
I can include a modem card if requested for free... I have a card, but I don't know if people use modems these days...

I have not had time to reformat the hardrive, it currently holds the XP Operating system which was previously on there for temporary use on another system. I suggest reformatting immediately as a lot of the driver settings and whatnot are not correct. I however was able to boot into the OS to make sure the whole system was working. Everything was in good order after I put all the components together.

Please note that the system does not include a CD-ROM or Floppy drive. It's not very difficult to get a hold of one... Sorry for not including one but I have no spares at the moment.

I have an old 14 or 15inch monitor that I can sell with the system for a moddest fee of 5$. Just sometimes you need to jangle the cord to make the picture appear if it doesn't come out.

Let me know if you need a floppy cable as well, I have an extra.

I am selling the system for $125.

MidnightDreamer
03-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Want to make a quick sale...
NEW PRICE: $120 OBO...
Make me a reasonable offer, if it's absolutely necessary, I could probably get a hold of a CDROM drive somewhere.

El Nagro
03-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Keyboard,mouse??? pm me i am interested

MidnightDreamer
03-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Big Bump... Been busy lately so I haven't been actively trying to sell this system... This box has been sitting in my den for months now... So is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch to move this system?!

MidnightDreamer
03-16-2005, 02:39 PM
NEW PRICE: 100 FIRM

3G
03-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Is it fast enough to play games? does it lag during games or when watching a music video and webcamming with someone?

MidnightDreamer
03-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Fast enough to play games... that's a pretty general statement... You have to look at the game's system requirements and match them up to what I have here... So like, if it says sys req are: 600Mhz PIII, w/ 16MB of Video memory and 384mb of ram, then you're set. Anything over, and you'll notice some performance issues. As for multimedia, so long as you have the proper codecs installed to utilize system resources efficiently, you'll have no problems what so ever. The PIII 600 is great for that kind of stuff, I used this computer regularly to watch and download anime. As for webcamming, I've never used the technology before, but web cams don't take a huge chunk of resources... most of the ones I've seen only require a PII 233mhz min. So obviously you shouldn't have any difficulties setting up a web cam on this computer.

MidnightDreamer
03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
bumpity

MidnightDreamer
03-30-2005, 10:38 PM
NEW PRICE!!! 80$ Takes it. PICS available, just ask. Would make an awesome game server, workstation, media computer etc... I will include the 602 Pro PC suite. It has all your basic workstation apps like word processing, spreadsheet, and photo editor. Basic features like spellcheck and thesaurus of course. For another 10$ I'll include a few games... Race Across America Harley Davidson, Test Drive 6, and Dirt Track Racing... and a few other ones if I can find them.

MidnightDreamer
04-04-2005, 08:17 PM
$60 Final Offer... Somebody TAKE IT!!!

aznhavok
04-13-2005, 08:23 AM
50 bucks
pm me

Neil4Speed
04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Tentatively sold to me, I will pick it up this weekend