PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning/Shining Matte Finishes

hockeybronx
03-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Hey all, up to now I've just been using Armor All to clean and shine my dash and door panels. They are both Matte finishes apparently. I've been told that Armor All is the worst thing you can use, so does anybody have any other suggestions to get a better shine on Matte finishes?

Thanks.

liztic
03-03-2005, 02:49 PM
whats wrong with armour all? can't be that bad, they've been around forever

Bonka
03-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Try 303 Aerospace Protectant or Meguiar's Rubber & Vinyl Conditioner. Both should not leave a noticable shine.

hockeybronx
03-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bonka
Try 303 Aerospace Protectant or Meguiar's Rubber & Vinyl Conditioner. Both should not leave a noticable shine.

Yeah, but like I said in my post I'm trying to achieve a good shine look.

Armor All makes it look clean and smooth but no shine or what I would refer to as 'hydration'.

Bonka
03-04-2005, 01:13 AM
Ahh I'm an idiot.

Try Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care. Great for a gloss finish if you apply with a dry applicator.

nismodrifter
03-04-2005, 01:14 AM
bronx: you DON'T want shine man. Dash etc should look just BLACK...not wet. For your plastic pieces yeah maybe have some shine to it but for your door panels and dash it looks best when it has that "just off the showroom floor" look.

hockeybronx
03-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Bonka
Ahh I'm an idiot.

Try Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care. Great for a gloss finish if you apply with a dry applicator.

Thanks I'll check it out:thumbsup: