PDA

View Full Version : How often are you guys sick???

EnRich
03-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey guys... I dunno why, but it honestly seems like I'm always sick with the flu or a cold... I'm talking like once a month almost... I know exersice lowers immune system strength but this is getting to be unreal... I dont take multi vitamins anymore but I eat really well, 5 - 6 good healthy meals a day, and I work out 4 - 5 times a week... Anyone else as sick as me, right now I've probably got one of the worst flu's EVER.... Back ache, head ache, I can't breathe through my noise, and I have 0 energy... Worst of all I can fucking sleep without A: having to blow my noise every 25 min, and or goto the washroom... I'm drinking lots of green tea, trying to flush this garbage

Rich

joseph
03-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Maybe not enough rest?:dunno: I find when I'm working out regularly I don't get sick at all.

Tyler883
03-02-2005, 01:30 PM
If you are around lots of children, it likely that they are giving you these colds.

BTW, I've heard that protien plays a large role in you imunity system. Maybe its worth a try to increase you intake for a while. if it doesn't work, then go back to your usual intake.

QuasarCav
03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Once a year for three days, smoking keeps my immune system on it's toes.

Tyler883
03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Also, wash your hands, often!

~Leah~
03-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Hmmm that's a toughie, but I'm in the same boat. It probably has to do with stress and lack of sleep/rest.

ehos
03-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Where are you working out? Lots of people in enclosed humid, sweaty places makes LOTS Of bad bacteria.

Also, NEVER touch your mouth/face. EVER.

Don't do it.

Wildcat
03-02-2005, 01:58 PM
things to do to not get sick:
-sleep 8-10hrs a day
-eat well
-take your multi's and glutamine supplements
-get a good sweat when you goto the gym
-live in a clean enviornment
-dont eat pussy

lastprodigy
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

-dont eat pussy

fact or fiction?:eek:

t-im
03-02-2005, 02:04 PM
haha

i'm sick maybe 2 times a year...and it's rarely ever like anything crippling..

I..sleep 5-7 hours a night, I don't drink enough water, and I stress alot...

I usually just get common cold...ie coughing, sneezing and stuffy nose..I just got over one in less then a week so not too shabby...all I did was take alot of med and start drinking more water...and that echinacea stuff..dunno if it actually works though

Wildcat
03-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
fact or fiction?:eek:

fact. straight up :barf:

^ya, lots of water too. :werd:

gggunit
03-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Wash your hands at least 5 times a day.. get some purcell hand anti bacterial cream

/////AMG
03-02-2005, 02:10 PM
I used to sleep lots before I started uni and used to get sick maybe once every two years for a weekend, thats it. With in the last 6 months I've been sick 3 times. One was obvious because when I cam to England my cousin sneezed in my face and ran away laughin, I was fucked up for a month. :banghead:

Now I usually sleep about 6 hours a day, I used to get 8-10 easily. Finally learning that time = very important. I wish there was a way you could sleep like 4-6 hours and your body thinks it's been 8-10 hours.

Think about it you waste a third of your life sleeping! :thumbsdow

kiwi
03-02-2005, 03:01 PM
I haven't been sick for almost 2 years I think! I just eat healthy & work out regularly I guess... I also try to maintain a relatively stress-free lifestyle, lol.

In the past, I'd catch a cold like every other month :thumbsdow

max_boost
03-02-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't eat healthy, I don't work out, but I do sleep at least 8 hours per night so the rest is there. I am a workaholic so being sick is not good but I rarely get sick anymore?!!? The last time I was sick was Summer 2003 and that lasted 5 days.

Melinda
03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
I rarely actually get sick, lots of really bad headaches and nausea and what not but I've been told by my doctors that it's due to something else and not a low immune system.

I was actually told that growing up somewhere that isn't super clean is actually better for you. It makes your immune system stronger to recognize the bacterias and what not so that they dont constantly make you sick when you encounter them. My house wasn't a big mess, but we didn't spend hours on end making sure it's clean. My aunt however, ALWAYS cleaned her house, vacumed like 4 times a week, disinfected everything at least once a week ect. My brother, father, mother and I get sick maybe once a year or two. My cousin, my aunt and my uncle are sick once every few weeks.

hockeybronx
03-02-2005, 04:07 PM
I get sick probably once per year. Things I do to keep the frequency of colds and flus down are:

- do some sort of exercise in which I sweat everyday
- I am a hand-washing NAZI
- drink 5 litres of water per day
- focus on getting vegetables and fruits into my diet everyday
- take a multi vitamin everyday
- take a couple Echinacea pills before bed if I'm feeling that I might be sick

Throughout my life I've never been one to be sick very often. :clap:

EnRich
03-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Thats the thing... I drink lots of water, I eat really good, I get a good sweat at the gym, so much it feels like I've gone swimming, and I dont eat pussy cause of a bad experiance:( I dunno wtf... Fuck...

hockeybronx
03-02-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
Thats the thing... I drink lots of water, I eat really good, I get a good sweat at the gym, so much it feels like I've gone swimming, and I dont eat pussy cause of a bad experiance:( I dunno wtf... Fuck...

Sleep??? Washing hands???

EnRich
03-02-2005, 04:41 PM
I dont sleep that well but decently... I wash my hands ALOT...

frozenrice
03-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
I was actually told that growing up somewhere that isn't super clean is actually better for you.

So that means that those who never get sick are slobs? jk!
Just wait until you start having kids. I almost never used to get sick until we had our first one. No sleep, no rest, crappy diets because we don't seem to have time to cook healthy meals, kid brining home crap from day care............

Audio_Rookie
03-02-2005, 09:41 PM
going on 4 years no cold now, and I am a "kid"....just turned 18.

When I was younger I kept getting sinus infections and phenomia, but now nothing. I never take any medication for anything, except once when I had really bad phemonia 6 years go. My diet is sad...consists of mostly coca-cola and pizza. I work out a little, less than most. I sleep roughly 4 hours a day. I dont overly wash my hands....when I wake up and when I go to bathroom....Also I have not had a flu shot for about 5 years....

so why dont I get sick, I seem to be doing everything wrong lol.

EDM
03-02-2005, 09:49 PM
I get a common cold 1 time a year, usually around winter, spreads around campus like a bitch.

finboy
03-03-2005, 12:36 AM
i haven't had a cold for close to a year now, but every time i start to feel like i will be sick i just take some "cold f/x" which is sold at most pharmacists. it's expensive, but works awsome.

Shaolin
03-03-2005, 12:43 AM
if I get my 8 hours a sleep a night I don't get sick.. although I eat lots of fruits as well so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

cman
03-03-2005, 01:01 AM
i never used to get sick, like once every 6 months or so.
but ever since i started working 50-60hours a week and going out more i have been getting sick much more.
my conclusion is that is caused by, less sleep, more exercise, more stress.

shakalaka
03-03-2005, 01:06 AM
I usually get sick every once in a while during change of the season and stuff. Specially going to winters from summers, cauz I am still not used to start wearing all the winter clothing and I catch some flu or cold or something like that. It gets pretty annoying but its avoidable. I guess just gotta take the right precautions.

Chester
03-03-2005, 01:34 AM
2 times a year, one of the times it will be a little cold and the other it will be something really bad.

EnRich
03-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by finboy
i haven't had a cold for close to a year now, but every time i start to feel like i will be sick i just take some "cold f/x" which is sold at most pharmacists. it's expensive, but works awsome.

Yea I'm taking that right now, I dont see the big deal... I heard it was good from my dad so I had him go get it for me, heh.... You can get it at Costco for $50 / 150 pills, and they have lots in stock....

cityhunter2501
03-03-2005, 01:23 PM
I havent been sick for more than 2 years now

ehos
03-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I dont sleep that well but decently... I wash my hands ALOT...

Having clean hands doesn't matter one bit. It's what you do with your hands.

You need to keep any bacteria away from any openings in your body. Ie, hand to mouth contact is the #1 way to get sick. Never touch your mouth.

hockeybronx
03-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by ehos

Having clean hands doesn't matter one bit. It's what you do with your hands.

You need to keep any bacteria away from any openings in your body. Ie, hand to mouth contact is the #1 way to get sick. Never touch your mouth.

When I asked him about his hand-washing tendancies I was referring to before eating. You are right having clean hands doesn't do anything, unless you are eating.

Kirbs17
03-04-2005, 01:20 AM
It USED to be once a year, and the once a year was nothing major. Since I started my outdoor landscaping job last april, ive been semi-sick (coughing, running nose, headache, fever) about 20 days a month. Fucking working in the dirt. Its starting to get better now that Im away from it, and taking multivitamins.

TrevorK
03-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Wow.

I'm not a big hand washer at all.

I work in an office with shitty ventilation.

And I rarely (Maybe once a year) get sick.

finboy
03-04-2005, 11:15 AM

Yea I'm taking that right now, I dont see the big deal... I heard it was good from my dad so I had him go get it for me, heh.... You can get it at Costco for $50 / 150 pills, and they have lots in stock....

the key is to take them AS SOON as you start to feel a cold coming on, i've found that even a few hours can make a difference. from what i've heard it helps boost your immune system and kills off the cold before it has a chance to really cause some damage, but who knows :dunno:

BebeAphrodite
03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
I get sick every couple of months and sometimes stay sick for two months at a time.

gggunit
03-04-2005, 06:06 PM
ohhh man .. woke up today and my nose is running and feel a cold coming on .. nice way to start up the weekend.:thumbsdow