PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best decently prices polisher to buy

gggunit
03-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I wanted to get a polisher but all the canadian tire ones are pretty crappy.. anyone suggest a decent price one? can you rent them ?

legendboy
03-02-2005, 05:03 PM
all the decient ones are pricy

liztic
03-02-2005, 07:24 PM
i got a budget one from walmart, it works nice but if you're in absolute love with your car get a sweet one

Bonka
03-03-2005, 03:09 AM
What's your budget?

I just got my Porter-Cable 7336 from the post office today. So sweet. $198.50 (free shipping) from Carcaresmart. Seems pricey but the price is better than anywhere else I've found.

You'll want to buy one. Since it saves so much time you can easily choose to detail your car a few times a year and that will pay for itself in no time.

I'm not sure what other polishers out there are good. I know you would want to get one that is designed similiarly to the Porter (so you can get in tight spaces). Try the board over at Autopia (www.autopia.org).

Bonka
03-03-2005, 03:17 AM
Also, if you're going to buy a polisher (and you're a beginner) make sure to get a random-orbit version. They spin in a random pattern so you won't burn your paint. Rotary versions however are for the more experienced.