PDA

View Full Version : Honda injectors a good deal?

Mazdaspeed
03-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Are these injectors a fairly good deal?? Thinking of them for a Acura integra b18C TC (with a GT28.. runing 8lbs) ..is the little sisters car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33554&item=7959049718&rd=1

Ekbusta
03-02-2005, 08:03 PM
pushin it with 370s. its not a bad deal tho.

Weapon_R
03-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Why wouldn't you use DSM injectors - 1/3 of the price. And you'll probably find yourself limited with 370s

Mazdaspeed
03-02-2005, 08:51 PM
With my experience DSM is junk. hence why it is 1/3 the price. Taken a few motors to a better place when they siezed closed. Have friends with similar problems.. a piston or two is now missing ring lands because of dsm injectors.

As for size, that is taken care of. The original ecu is just running spark/vtec and fuel below vtec on. Whilst a GM computer will be be running the 2nd set of 370cc or so whilst taking care of retard and fuel into boost.

Used the accels in other apps, just wondering if they are good price for the honda...

heavyD
03-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Mazdaspeed
With my experience DSM is junk. hence why it is 1/3 the price. Taken a few motors to a better place when they siezed closed. Have friends with similar problems.. a piston or two is now missing ring lands because of dsm injectors.

As for size, that is taken care of. The original ecu is just running spark/vtec and fuel below vtec on. Whilst a GM computer will be be running the 2nd set of 370cc or so whilst taking care of retard and fuel into boost.

Used the accels in other apps, just wondering if they are good price for the honda...

370cc will max out very quickly.

DSM injectors are made by Denso who probably make Honda ones so calling them junk because one failed is a generalization. They are 1/3 the price because they are used. Just look for the black top injectors as they are from 2G DSM's and have a better spray pattern than the blue top 1G injectors plus when you buy 1G injectors you have to consider that they most likely have 200 000KM or more on them.

youngbex
03-03-2005, 09:51 AM
use some supra turbo 440cc injectors

legendboy
03-03-2005, 10:15 AM
370cc injectors will max out around 230whp so your kinda limiting yourself. 450cc's are good for about 300whp at stock fuel pressure

Mazdaspeed
03-03-2005, 06:30 PM
:banghead:
me thinks yous did not read my second post.

Have had MORE that 1 engine fail due to DSM(used) injectors.. when i refer to junk, it is because the ones that are 1/3 the cost, are used, have 200 000km+ on them. Even if they are flowed,cleaned and tested.. they are more prone to failure.

Maybe i should have said whether DSM rochester ford or bosch injectors USED injectors are a bad idea especially on a $14 000 motor. would be like reusing a timing belt.

The whole point of this post was to see if the accel injectors were a good price in the honda world of injectors... being hardly used.

Not DSM's with 200 000km are cheaper, or you can get some out of the junkyard, or they are too small.

I have the factory injectors in the intake. i have welded another set of bungs in the intake just up from the factory ones, with a seperate fuel rail, regulator and pump. They will be run from a totaly separate ECM... which will control boost, retard and the separate fuel system under boost. Capiesh?