PDA

View Full Version : detailing on a budget

liztic
03-02-2005, 07:46 PM
what would you recommend to someone who wants a nice shine on a budget? what's the best product for it's price? sealants/wax/polish/wash etc

Bonka
03-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Meguiar's in the beige/taupe bottles. I'm currently using Mothers products. They give a nice shine but don't last long enough.

For carwash, Eagle One Wet Carwash is awesome for the price. The only other one I'd recommend would be Meguiar's NXT carwash.

I would recommend you to invest in an electric polisher. Makes a huge difference in the quality of the final result and saves you time.

liztic
03-03-2005, 06:43 AM
have you ever tried those once a year polishers? i bought one last summer in the orange bottle, think it's called , hell, don't know what it's called........it looks nice after first couple washes, but then kind of goes to the dogs

Bonka
03-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Nu Finish? My friend uses it. I believe it's a sealant. A rather durable sealant actually. It's more to protect and clean the paint from the elements than to give you a nice shine. I found the shine to be subpar compared to a true multiple step detail.

Unless your paint is showing signs of fatigue you won't get the shine you want with it.

calgarygts
03-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Use a synthetic was and not a carnauba product. These will last longer, but will usually not get as good of a 'shine'.

liztic
03-05-2005, 10:53 PM
anyone suggest a good product to clean paint from winter elements and what not, anything easier than a clay bar? not that i've used clay bars, but heard there awesome

afrotl
05-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Any one tried 5 star wax?

lastprodigy
05-10-2005, 11:34 AM
meguiars ould hardly e considedred on a budget....just get some cheap turtle wax or something..the whole whack of claners get expensive...

for EX i got...meguiars 3 stage, wheel cleaner, tire cleaner, bug+tar remover, interior cleaner, windex, degreaser etc...gets expensive!