PDA

View Full Version : Cjay

rmk
03-03-2005, 10:37 AM
<bitch session>

whats up with the station these days? in the mid 90's they had the right attitude: if you don't like our rock music, fuck off and listen to something else.. now is seems as if they desperately need everyone to listen to them. jack fm knocked them off their throne and they're in clear denial. seriously, they will play some good music and just when you think its all good, they swtich to the light96 crowd and play creed or some matchbox20 garbage. then its back to the same aerosmith song they've played 5 times every day since they started and then some new rock by some 1 hit wonder band. ever notice how they will start playing a new rock song and never play the bands next single until its been proven that it was a hit? blah, blah take a chance cjay & fire gerry forbes he is soooo washed up and old.

i really enjoy rock 107 and cjsw plays some great indie rock and hiphop, but you def. gotta have a good cd collection in this town.........

</bitch session>
:banghead:

edit: does anyone here remember the old mix 1060??? :clap:

QuasarCav
03-03-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm with you buddy! It's about time someone said that.

I find myself listening to 107.3 alot more becuase CJAY is the VIBE of the rock world. I understand that they have bills to pay and that advertisments pay for the station but I feel very alienated by hearing good charlotte of fucking nickelback twice an hour.

Gerry Forbes appeals to Jackass era High school kids and old people that think they are cool.

Screw you CJAY!

abyss
03-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Cjay still is the longest running rock station around. That's gotta mean something. As well, weren't they just voted the number one rock station in Canada?

rmk
03-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by abyss
Cjay still is the longest running rock station around. That's gotta mean something. As well, weren't they just voted the number one rock station in Canada?

they are, but thats why its so stale imo. the same crap over & over. hard music to complete crap.. why dont they just start to play enya then, maybe throw in a little kylie mnogue to complete the whoreness and get the dance audience (wouldnt be surprised in a couple of yrs. cjay after dark, trance, dance) they cater to every audience, but thats the point. aerosmith->creed->matchbox20->led zeppelin->lame nickelback. its mainstream and not as "underground" anymore. also, that rating was by a coalition of advertisers (when you get down to it supported by them & they can call themselves whatever they want) cjay brings in the $$ from ads/promos and get an 'award' (atleast they can brag about something- well gerry forbes brags about himself) lol.

D. Dub
03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
can't argue with any of that....CJay is rarely on im my car anymore.

Rockski
03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
cjay totaly went down hill, even in the past year.. i was huge into cjay and then moved to edmonton for a year where you chill to the bear... at first cjay totaly rocked the bears socks, but then when i come back here, its like the station turned to a gigantic pile of rotting dog shit somebody lit on fire and left on my door step... either cjay has gotta start paying some better tunes or the bear has to get a larger broadcast area

rmk
03-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
cjay totaly went down hill, even in the past year.. i was huge into cjay and then moved to edmonton for a year where you chill to the bear... at first cjay totaly rocked the bears socks, but then when i come back here, its like the station turned to a gigantic pile of rotting dog shit somebody lit on fire and left on my door step... either cjay has gotta start paying some better tunes or the bear has to get a larger broadcast area

:werd: the bear rocks!! vancouver's the fox is a good 1 too, 99.3. you can listen online @ www.cfox.com i always have it on here at work :)

finboy
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by rmk

edit: does anyone here remember the old mix 1060??? :clap:

mix1060 > all

i can't wait to get sirrius radio hooked up in my car, variety and no commercials, about fucking time

likwid
03-03-2005, 02:14 PM
CJAY is 1000x better than this Rock 106 garbage we are stuck with in Lethbridge. I swear to god you will hear about 10 Colin James songs every afternoon, then at night its the same 20 song playlist over and over.

heavyD
03-03-2005, 02:25 PM
CJAY blows. They remain popular with age group that grew up in the 70's that apparenlty still can't get enough of old AC/DC, Zeppelin, Aerosmith, etc. While that music is fine I don't care to hear it everyday. It's the same old 70's music with a little bit of new rock and the required Canadian content. They play very little rock/metal from the 80/90's.

I will lead a happy life if I never hear Tom Cochrane's "Life is a Highway" or Kim Mitchell's "Might as well go for a soda" again, unfortunately I still have to hear shit like that as someone always has CJ on a radio at work.

Jerry Forbes comes off as an old guy trying desperately to be something he isn't (funny) and sounds lame & pathetic in doing so.

Even in shitty US cities like Spokane, they have awesome Rock stations that aren't afraid to play good stuff like Slipnot, Korn, Chevelle, Static X, etc.

heavyD
03-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by finboy

mix1060 &gt; all

i can't wait to get sirrius radio hooked up in my car, variety and no commercials, about fucking time

Hey man is that your MR2 in your sig? That's a f@%#in beautiful car.

rage2
03-03-2005, 02:36 PM
One thing that drives me nuts about CJAY is that all their material is stolen from US TV and Radio (for those that get it). While it seems hilarious to the folks that are stuck with Canadian TV/Radio, for guys like me, it's blatant copying and plagerism. And they just pretend that they made all that stuff up.

I'll bet you they don't even pay for the rights to use the material, I mean, who in the states would know that some Calgary station is stealing their stuff?

I just listen to QR77 now, and Q107. QR77 for stupid people arguing over stupid stuff (kinda like beyond haha) and Q107 for the music.

finboy
03-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Hey man is that your MR2 in your sig? That's a f@%#in beautiful car.

i wish it was man, right now i'm still sorting out my dodge junk, then its time to save for a new project. an mr2 is just one of the ideas i'm playing with, the one in my sig is DAMN nice but i don't like the front lip on it (greddy)

finboy
03-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by rage2
One thing that drives me nuts about CJAY is that all their material is stolen from US TV and Radio (for those that get it). While it seems hilarious to the folks that are stuck with Canadian TV/Radio, for guys like me, it's blatant copying and plagerism. And they just pretend that they made all that stuff up.

I'll bet you they don't even pay for the rights to use the material, I mean, who in the states would know that some Calgary station is stealing their stuff?

I just listen to QR77 now, and Q107. QR77 for stupid people arguing over stupid stuff (kinda like beyond haha) and Q107 for the music.

i know what you mean about the plagerism, pretty much EVERY forbes skit is just redubbed so it sounds like he did the skit himself.

qr77 is awsome, there are some MESSED up people in this city :rofl:

asp integra
03-06-2005, 11:42 PM
ever sice i bought i car with a 6 cd changer i never find myself listening to the radio, but if i do its either cjay or 107 which i think is amazing, so many great old songs played on that station!

EDM
03-06-2005, 11:59 PM
i dont listen to radio anymore. i used to listen to cjay and rock107 though. now adays i listen to cds. i cant stand any classic rock garbage like on 107 or any of that lame jack fm crap.

hockeybronx
03-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah I find myself always on Q-107 as well. All summer I listened to CJAY, but it seems like I am living in the past now. Oh well, a lot of those older songs have some serious soul behind them, and I love songs that tell a story.

My favorite thing to hear:

"There's more great music coming up, including Pink Floyd, on Q-107":clap: :clap: :clap:

Redlyne_mr2
03-07-2005, 12:12 AM
You guys wants a good rock station listen to zed 99 in Red Deer. 98.9 on your fm dial. By far the best rock station in Canada...Ive heard them all.

Everyday they have a one hour show called Mandatory Metallica, which is obviously all metallica then on saturday nights they have a commercial free rock cafe all night long that plays everything from Slipknot to Iron maiden, to Pennywise. During the day you do hear the odd top 40 song but they dont play it 90 times, they mix in some non-mainstream such as Korn, and system of a down. Can't forget the oldschool afi, that station loves that band. Oh yeah and rage against the machine and sublime...where did they go? They're on zed 99!

CJAY 92 is the most fucking queer station ever.

DuPont
03-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by EDM
i dont listen to radio anymore. i used to listen to cjay and rock107 though. now adays i listen to cds. i cant stand any classic rock garbage like on 107 or any of that lame jack fm crap.
:werd: I HATE Jack FM. 99% of the time my car stereo is in cd mode. 1% I'm on the Q

Majestic12
03-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by finboy

mix1060 &gt; all

Oh man... Mix1060 was the best.
The Two Dicks... on the Mix

And Skye Taylor.
WhooO!

Good times.
I remember I was in my Jr High locker room as Mix1060 went off the air.. .good memories, but so sad.. :cry: