PDA

View Full Version : question about the flu

jaysas_63
03-03-2005, 09:34 PM
ok i have a serious flu, and have been throwin up for the past couple of days, today i actually saw LOTS of blood in my voimit...now does this mean that my stomch/ esapogus has been ruptured, and if so is that a serious problem,......u guys think this is doctor worthy shit

thanks for ur time, and sry about postin sumthing sooo fucking disgusting, but i'm scared shitless, and want to avoid goin to the docs if i can

thnaks a lot for the help...and once again sry to ruin ur apitite

EDIT: when i say lots..that might have been an exageration (i'm a fuckin drama queen)...mabye like 2 mls of blood......

crazyning
03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Maybe it's E Coli. Is it coming out the other end too?
Either way, I'd see a doctor...

BokCh0y
03-03-2005, 09:41 PM
dude....blood in your vomit? uh i think you should go and see a doc....hope you feel better soon pal.

jaysas_63
03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by crazyning
Maybe it's E Coli. Is it coming out the other end too?
Either way, I'd see a doctor...

oh god i hope not....i don't see how it could cause i wash hands freq. and becuase of my fitness regime, i have stoped eating beef....
and also i don't have "the runs" (to put it elequently lol) so it rules that out

Originally posted by BokCh0y
dude....blood in your vomit? uh i think you should go and see a doc....hope you feel better soon pal.

thx man, i hope so too

kiwi
03-03-2005, 10:14 PM
:eek:
If it was me, I'd be calling an ambulance! ha ha, j/k

I suggest you go see a doctor though... vomitting blood can't be good!

t-im
03-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Blood is no good

Have you tried googling it? (until you get your ass to the doctors)

jaysas_63
03-03-2005, 10:26 PM
QUOTE:

Introduction: Vomiting of blood is called "hematemesis". Vomiting blood is a medical emergency. Seek professional emergency medical advice immediately. There are various causes of vomiting blood, and many are very serious.

from http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/vomiting_blood.htm

ok now i'm just fucking scared....like really fucking scared

jaysas_63
03-03-2005, 10:26 PM
should i call a hospital???...do they talk(give advice/ diagbnosis) over the phone???...

BokCh0y
03-03-2005, 10:28 PM
wtf? wtf are you still doing here? goto the doc!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaysas_63
03-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
wtf? wtf are you still doing here? goto the doc!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck man i would..but all clinics are closed right now, so if i go right now i would have to go to ER, and wait for like 6 hrs.....

t-im
03-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

fuck man i would..but all clinics are closed right now, so if i go right now i would have to go to ER, and wait for like 6 hrs.....

6hrs is probably better then waiting 12 hours for a clinic to open up!

BokCh0y
03-03-2005, 10:44 PM

if your in calgary right now the clinic on 8th Ave and 8th Street is open 24hrs. Here's address pal:

Calgary Health Region - Eighth & Eighth Health Centre
912 8 Avenue Southwest, Calgary, AB T2P1H8
(403) 781-1200

Now go get fixed up.

GTS Jeff
03-03-2005, 11:10 PM
ok i have a serious flu, and have been throwin up for the past couple of days, today i actually saw LOTS of blood in my voimit...now does this mean that my stomch/ esapogus has been ruptured, and if so is that a serious problem,......u guys think this is doctor worthy shit

thanks for ur time, and sry about postin sumthing sooo fucking disgusting, but i'm scared shitless, and want to avoid goin to the docs if i can

thnaks a lot for the help...and once again sry to ruin ur apitite

EDIT: when i say lots..that might have been an exageration (i'm a fuckin drama queen)...mabye like 2 mls of blood...... hey man, just go ahead and ignore everyone elses advice. heres the good shit:

-ure probably puking blood simply cuz uve puked so much in the last little while. the lining of your stomach and esophagus are probably just inflamed and irritated causing tehm to bleed a bit.
-yea u want this shit to stop, so go to a drugstore and buy some gravol. if u are puking every 30 minutes or something, you'd probably end up puking the pills back out before they get absorbed, so go to the university health clinic and theyll give u a gravol injection
-good luck and dont die.

kiwi
03-04-2005, 12:29 AM

If you called for an ambulance, you wouldn't have to wait 6 hours, but seeing that you can go on Beyond & stuff, you probably won't need one. Get well soon!

^SkylinE^
03-04-2005, 01:13 AM
[
-yea u want this shit to stop, so go to a drugstore and buy some gravol. if u are puking every 30 minutes or something, you'd probably end up puking the pills back out before they get absorbed, so go to the university health clinic and theyll give u a gravol injection
-good luck and dont die. [/B][/QUOTE]

You can get supositories. spelling? Rectal gravol! then you don't have to worry about spitting it back up!:rofl: :rofl:

^SkylinE^
03-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by kiwi

If you called for an ambulance, you wouldn't have to wait 6 hours, but seeing that you can go on Beyond & stuff, you probably won't need one. Get well soon!

This could be a big waste of time money and resouces. Truly it sounds at thought the amout of blood that has been brought up is minimal. If it was bright red frank blood and lots of it then i would call EMS. He stated that there was maybe 2mL's of blood in his vomit. Are you haveing coffee ground, tar looking stool? (poo if you will) This would mean that you have an upper GI bleed and some if this might have been brought up with your vomit. I would definately go to emerg if i were you. Its hard to make a call over the net with so little information? Go see a doc in the morning or go to emerg now!:thumbsup:

~Leah~
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Let us know how everything went bud

Tyler883
03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
[

You can get supositories. spelling? Rectal gravol! then you don't have to worry about spitting it back up!:rofl: :rofl:

Thats good shit! :rofl:

Melinda
03-04-2005, 02:08 PM
My brother vomits blood occasionally but it is due to an ulcer. It's not usually too serious, Jeff is most likely correct. You said you've been throwing up quite a bit so that does rupture blood vessels from pressure and general roughness to yours stomach and asophogas

xrayvsn
03-04-2005, 03:55 PM
It is pretty common to have a small amount of blood when you vomit - especially if you have been retching a lot. This can tear the mucosa on your esophagus, and is usually limited. If, on the other hand you are vomiting cupfulls of blood, or are getting coffee grounds in your vomit - go to a physician.

If you are also noticing tarry stools, you should also go to a doctor, as everyone has said, since this may indicate a larger upper gastrointestinal bleed.