PDA

View Full Version : to those that have imported cars from japan

three.eighteen.
03-04-2005, 11:15 AM
A friend of mine recently ran into troubles trying to import a celica gt4 from japan thru importconcern...i was just wondering if anyone has any insight as to go about importing a car on your own...thnx

el_fefes
03-04-2005, 06:33 PM
I believe Phuqu did it on his own...shoot him a PM.

Phuqu
03-04-2005, 06:52 PM
I did it so if you have any questions let me know.

I didn't use ImportConcern or any other company that imports them.

It's something that can be done fairly easily.

calgarys13
03-04-2005, 06:57 PM
what kind of trouble???

Lennon
03-04-2005, 07:54 PM
I too would like to know what trouble occured.

I've just shot IC an email about trying to import a Z31 to Canada.... what troubles happened?

three.eighteen.
03-04-2005, 08:13 PM
to be honest i'm not really sure, and i don't really wanna bad talk a paying sponsor on here, but basically, christian just turned my friend away, why i'm not sure

Weapon_R
03-04-2005, 08:17 PM
I really wish someone/some ppl would get together and do a detailed write up of the steps involved in importing a vehicle as this question is asked all of the time.

kevie88
03-04-2005, 08:43 PM
Yep, that would be great.

calgarys13
03-05-2005, 12:19 PM
if you don't know the details why would you post a private matter on a public forum?

lam-boy
03-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
if you don't know the details why would you post a private matter on a public forum?

maybe because his friend wants to import a car by himself since you guys were unable to help him? :dunno:

Mike09
03-05-2005, 04:41 PM
There's plenty of other company's so use 1 of them and save yourself the hassle.
BTW: Import concern :thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
03-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13

well this is what i know 2nd hand from my friend :

my friend assumed that import concern was being run as a fully professional and legitimate business (ie they pick up the phone whenever it rings)

i also understand that he phoned several times in a day trying to get a hold of christian (sure that may be annoying, but a business is supposed to accomodate for that)

my friend also had 2g+ in hand for downpayment and was ready and willing to go through the process of importing a st185

from there all i know is christian turned him away saying it was a "trust issue"

i cant say for certain that i know whats going on, but this is what i know

chris
03-05-2005, 06:51 PM
maybe he didnt have enough for a down payment and he didn't trust him to come up with the rest of the money. $2000 for a down payment isn't gonna get you very far.

Go4Long
03-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

my friend also had 2g+ in hand for downpayment and was ready and willing to go through the process of importing a st185

that might, in theory, cover the purchase price of the car...
you are making a huge mistake by coming on here and posting this in an attempt to bash them, and I'm gonna help you fix it. Import concern is a business...plain and simple, their capital situation although irrelevant to the current scenario, makes it so that they can only have so many cars that they stock on hand at a certain time. So let's say that your buddy pays this $2k to them as a deposit and they go ahead and order his ST185 for him, because $2k is a pretty low deposit, in all honesty chances are it would be a pretty beat up celica to begin with. Now a month from now when the car is about to show up, christian calls your buddy up and says hey, cars here...need the rest of the money. You're buddy says, oh shit, sorry, I just went out and bought the latest maxim, can't really afford it right now. Now christian is stuck with a hurtin ST185 that he didn't want, and your buddy can't afford. Him turning away a potentially bad buyer is actually perfect business sense.
Yes, christian should accomodate your phone calls, and if you got as far as telling him that you had a deposit in hand, I am sure he answered lots of questions for you. But it's his business...he has to decide which customers can afford to import a car, and which customers are a 16 year old who are trying really hard...but should probably buy themselves a festiva first.

three.eighteen.
03-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long

that might, in theory, cover the purchase price of the car...
you are making a huge mistake by coming on here and posting this in an attempt to bash them, and I'm gonna help you fix it.

that's why i STRESSED the point that i was not entirely disclosed on the matter, i didn't want to come here and bash them, hell i was considering importing a car from them myself, but basically i was trying to get both sides because my friend, Nick isn't quite sure why he was turned away either, and wanted a better explanation than "i don't trust you man"

Go4Long
03-06-2005, 09:43 AM
personally I think they're a great company, he imported my car for me. would do it again in a second...

chris
03-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Go4Long
personally I think they're a great company, he imported my car for me. would do it again in a second...
i would too :thumbsup: , seriously the amount of money you pay to get christian to do everything for you is a very small amount. It makes importing a car a lot less of a hassle. If you do not know too much about it, go through import concern or another importing company, you'll be glad you did.

TypeS
03-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by chris

i would too :thumbsup: , seriously the amount of money you pay to get christian to do everything for you is a very small amount. It makes importing a car a lot less of a hassle. If you do not know too much about it, go through import concern or another importing company, you'll be glad you did.

My thoughts exactly, if he turned your friend down it must have been for some sort of reason.

Does your friend know that if he wants to do it by himself, he needs all the money up front? you can't just pay for the car and skrimp shipping, then tell them to hold the car in the lot until your next paycheck:rolleyes:

Actually I don't even think there should be a deposit type system....either give him the full quote amount, or wait till you can. I think I owed christian $200 when the car got here, which in a business sense is already pushing your luck:devil:

JDMImports
03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
i have imported a few cars.. it can be a huge hassel at times.. or it can run fairly well.. all i have to say is customs is brutal. and they will try to grab money from you anywhere they can. If you have any questions PM me id be glad to let you in on a few tricks of the trade. :thumbsup:

calgarys13
03-06-2005, 09:15 PM
ahah i thought you got banned tills?

JDMImports
03-06-2005, 11:19 PM
obviously not.... whats it to you