PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Dog Crate

JoeBoomz
03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
We got a new puppy and we're looking for a 48" dog crate/cage(preferably collapsible).

Anyone selling one?

gggunit
03-04-2005, 03:35 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77485

Katana13
03-04-2005, 03:39 PM
What breed/type of puppy did you get?
You may want to try the Bargain Finder. They always have some in there. I will keep my ears open if I know anyone that's selling one. You can always PM me too!

danno567
03-04-2005, 03:44 PM
joe you got pm

B17a
03-04-2005, 03:58 PM
You might want to get one new. I am not sure how well your new pup will take to some kennel smelling like another dog.

JoeBoomz
03-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll get back to your PM's as soon as I get home from work (in about an hour).

We got a brown lab, so it's going to get pretty large - that's why we're looking for a crate as big as we can get (and obviously one in good shape).

JoeBoomz
03-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Still looking, everyone so far either doesn't have a big enough one or has already sold it. :(

three33
03-10-2005, 11:30 AM
When we had our dog we spend 15bux on an extra large kennel we found in the bargain finder,as long as you wash it out the dog doesn't care what it smells like. Personally if you can buy one for less than $20 you might as well, the ones at the pet store are closer to $110 for the size we had.I'll keep my eyes open for you, if I find a cheap one I'll buy and then sell it to you.

wjjeeper
03-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Why do you want such a big crate... when your crate training you should use a smaller crate.
We crate trained our bullmastiff in a small/medium dog crate and then bought the big one when he out grew it.
Believe me you don't want to crate train in a large crate... they will go to the bathroom in it if its too big..... you don't want them learning that.
Anyway I'm selling our "puppy trainer" crate for $20... its in Edmonton though. If it helps let me know.

JoeBoomz
03-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks Three, we've been watching the bargain finder but when we call people they've usually already sold theirs :P

Pixx, she's growing fast and isn't a small puppy any more, that's why I figure we'll just get the big one and be done with it. Thanks for the offer for the one in Edmonton, though I'll have to pass it up.

danno567
03-10-2005, 03:34 PM
you can put boxes or stuff in half of it to make it smaller then remove some as the dog grows. that way they dont go to the back and dump loads in the crate. btw dont leave a puppy in a crate for very long. they cannot hold it that well. build up the time very gradually.

three33
03-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Honestly, we had our puppy in an extra large kennel, probably too big for what we needed but it was cheap, she never once went pee or poop in the kennel, even when we would be away for 7 or 8 hours a day.Dogs are like cats, they won't poop or pee where they sleep, at least any dog I have met hasn't.I'm not saying keeping a puppy in a kennel all day is a good thing, just saying that it's better then then letting them roam the house while you are away, when of course they WILL pee somewhere if they aren't fully housetrained.

JoeBoomz
03-10-2005, 06:49 PM
All other conversation aside, we found one up in Edmonton and since the wife is heading up there tomorrow anyway, she's just gonna get it there :P

Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions.