PDA

View Full Version : Help a minidisc noob!

kaput
12-26-2002, 06:54 PM

That.Guy.S30
12-27-2002, 12:08 AM
yea i have a minidisk.. and i can erase and put on as many songs as i want..

kenny
12-27-2002, 12:22 AM
That "checking in" and "checking out" must be related to a program that comes with your minidisc recorder. However, if you just use the optical in / line in and record from a source you should be able to read/write to the minidisc as many times as you like.

Blank minidiscs are cheap overseas, somewhere from $1 - $2cdn, so if you get the chance I would stock up on them, so you don't have to keep erasing your songs.

That.Guy.S30
12-27-2002, 01:40 AM
they are cheap over here too.. 5 for 20 bucks at sony.. and that was around 6 months ago

kaput
12-27-2002, 12:25 PM

Si_FlyGuy
12-27-2002, 12:35 PM
I gave up my MD recorder a long time ago. I'm just wondering, do the new recorders record and play MP3s? Do they record at an accelerated pace with the computer software? I remember with the old ones, it'll take 5 mins to record a 5 min song...annoying.

P.S. That Sony "Type R" designation just makes me laff..hehe

kaput
12-27-2002, 02:06 PM

Hipermax_d
12-27-2002, 07:15 PM
the usb only works with the mg jukebox or something like that.
however you can only transfer one song 3 times to the disc itself because of the copyrights.
so the only other option is to record real time by connecting the speaker output to the input located at the side.

the new mdlink isnt really worth it. the speed is UP TO 32x. most time you wont even hit 32times the speed.

i have heard that there softwares that allows you to transfer as many times as you want

HACHIROKU_4AG
12-28-2002, 08:51 PM
if you need to go over the 3x copyright, just go to the source folder on your harddrive and change the title a little. then it wont recognize the copyright. if you dont want to alter the song, just uninstall and reinstall the program. takes less than 5mins. it's a real nice system as long as you can understand it. if you need more help just pm me with specific questions.

moose_8
12-30-2002, 09:11 PM
mines the same too
i got new head phones
adds 10 hp to the type r

kaput
12-30-2002, 10:17 PM

Dope Dealer
12-31-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by kaput
You dumbass its not a car - they dont have horsepower. It adds 10 watts! :nut:

I got new headphones for it too cause those dinky little things suck. One of my headphones is a Type R and the other is a Type L, at least I think thats what the R and L mean?? :dunno:

:rofl:

Left and Right moron!

Fluidic
12-31-2002, 04:36 AM
I seriously haven't figured out why MiniDiscs are supposedly “superior” to CDs. I understand that it's smaller, the cases come in different colors, and having a MiniDisc player is just plain "cool"... but seriously... why the all the trouble to listen and record on a sub-standard media...?

Just a question folks, no posts in regards to wanting to slash my tires because I don't like MD players... LOL :)

Peter

rage2
12-31-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
I seriously haven't figured out why MiniDiscs are supposedly “superior” to CDs. I understand that it's smaller, the cases come in different colors, and having a MiniDisc player is just plain "cool"... but seriously... why the all the trouble to listen and record on a sub-standard media...?

- Smaller, more convenient Media
- Rugged Media : I throw around my MD's in my car. My CD's? Scratched to hell!
- Fit 300 min of music on a small disc.
- Easy to move MP3 collection to MD (recorder/software dependant)

Curious what you mean by sub-standard media?

Redlyne_mr2
12-31-2002, 11:26 AM
minidiscs are still widely used in Japan..most mobile receiver units incorporate minidisc players some even have minidisc changers..not sure why it never caught on here..

Fluidic
01-03-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by rage2

- Smaller, more convenient Media
- Rugged Media : I throw around my MD's in my car. My CD's? Scratched to hell!
- Fit 300 min of music on a small disc.
- Easy to move MP3 collection to MD (recorder/software dependant)

Curious what you mean by sub-standard media?

Sorry... just remembered I posted in this thread. Thanks for the reply Rage and Redlyne. I dunno... shows you how much I know about MD's... seems like they serve more of a purpose then originally thought. :dunno: :drool:

Peter

kaput
01-03-2003, 01:12 AM

tegdream
01-03-2003, 03:59 PM
"is that a discman in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: