PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone in town repair Easton Synergy hockey sticks?

Speed_RaSiR
03-04-2005, 05:12 PM
the blade on my yellow grip is starting to crack :cry:

ryder_23
03-04-2005, 05:54 PM
so stick a new blade in...Blades break alot, just get a semi composite blade and your good to go :thumbsup:

BlackArcher101
03-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Don't think you can repair the composite sticks.

Ben
03-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
so stick a new blade in...Blades break alot, just get a semi composite blade and your good to go :thumbsup:

Easton Synergies are a 1 peice carbon composite stick, cand do that.

I would suggest maybe going to a place that sells fiberglass and resin, and fiberglassing over the crack, one sheet each side, and sanding it down real good, so it's smooth like the rest of the stick. wont make it like new again, but you might get another game or 2 out of it.

shtock99
03-04-2005, 11:13 PM
yes there is a place that does it a kid on my team fixed his ill ask him tomorrow where he got it done at

Team_Mclaren
03-05-2005, 02:51 AM
do u hae the one-piece? or just the Synergy shaft? if its the one-piece i dont think there's much you can do to if it's cracked. Even if you fiberglass the outside, more than likely the inside marterial is no good..:dunno:

dezmarez
03-05-2005, 03:07 PM
take it to tuxedo
my buddy on the team cracked his blade and took it there
they wrapped it in some material or something
but it was as good as new

Hipermax_d
03-05-2005, 04:05 PM
take it to done right on 52nd ave
they do repairs on all one piece sticks
my lil sisters bauer XX blade snapped and we got it fixed

ShOwOfF
03-05-2005, 04:16 PM
I don't think they can fix blades. I know done right on 52 st will fix the shaft, but for the blade I think you're going to have to cut it off and put in a replacement.

RPM
03-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Easton Synergies are a 1 peice carbon composite stick, cand do that.

I would suggest maybe going to a place that sells fiberglass and resin, and fiberglassing over the crack, one sheet each side, and sanding it down real good, so it's smooth like the rest of the stick. wont make it like new again, but you might get another game or 2 out of it.

Thats wrong you can put new blades in it no problem, they sell real good ones for about 90 bucks, wich will almost make it like new. Or buy a wood blade for 14 bucks it really makes not differnce

Just cut the synergy blade off about 6-7inches above where it connects to the shaft and then youll probably have to put an extension on the end and your good to go

Also no stick is truly one piece if you loook closely you can see where the blade connects to the shaft its a small little line

gongSHOW
03-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Ok, there are two things you can do, you can take it down to Tuxedo and they can fix your stick including the blade for 75 or something. naslund tested it and said it was basically the same as new. But you can also cut it, and put a new blade in. you can can cut in to ways. YOU can cut it for a synthesis blade which keeps the same flex point as your one-piece. Or you can cut it for a normal blade that changes the flex point.

gongSHOW
03-05-2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.proskateservice.com/stick1broke.gif
http://www.proskateservice.com/stick1fix.gif

furby1
07-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Can somebody show me a picture of where to cut it? I recently broke my synergy and i need it to be replaced. thank you.
-chris

sl888
01-24-2007, 06:42 PM
www.stickfix.com

a.z13
01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
^^^ yea man go there i saw them on tv on a different channel, everyone that went there said it was perfect after the repair.

slick2404
01-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by furby1
Can somebody show me a picture of where to cut it? I recently broke my synergy and i need it to be replaced. thank you.
-chris

A buddy on my team gave me his synergy stick after he broke it, i stuck a blade in it but its too short. Anyone know about how far down I need to cut from the top to stick in a extension....i heard thier sold untill a certain spot down...

sCream
01-25-2007, 02:59 PM
What kind of Synergy is it? I Dont think any synergy is a true one piece, all fused 2 piece, so you can just cut it at the fuse point.

If your synergy is old school and isnt tapered, then get a synergy ST Blade which fits regular shafts, or if your synergy is a newer ST or SL, you need to get like a Synergy II blade (Same as the blade on the SL) to make it feel the same as before.

slick2404
01-25-2007, 09:46 PM
^its a synergy ST....i got a ST blade put in one end...but its too short, i taped the top of the stick and it seems hallow about 4-5inchs down...i guess the only way to find out if it is...is by pullin out the handsaw!

Yeah its mad hallow, almost 90% of it down....so it'll make do as a shaft!