PDA

View Full Version : Decisions decisions..

MarX
03-05-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm looking for a car and have a few in mind,I need something to hold 5+ people and stuff comfortably.
So far my ideas are:
1995-1998 GMC Yukon
" " Suburban
and some 4 bangers
My main concern is on the insurance cost,I'm 16(yes it will be astronomical with any car at my age)I got quoted at 540/mo on a 90 sunbird 4 door and 565/mo on a 97 yukon
Any suggestions would be appriciated.Thanks.

habsfan
03-05-2005, 12:43 AM
well if you go with a yukon or suburban, its safe to say thats overkill. plus wit hthe big trucks, you will have to pay alot more for gas on top of the higher insurance. my advice would be get a 4 door 4 cyl car with enough room for the 5 people you need. and if its gonna be an older car, id say look at an import. i never have and never will trust older domestic compacts

MarX
03-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah I was thinking of an older 4 door toyota but if there isnt too much difference in purchase price and insurance price i might go for one of the bigger trucks I have a line on a 4 door 97 yukon with everything for under 10 grand with about 130k clicks on it.As of right now i have a "free" sunbird but it needs a new engine (warped/cracked block) and probobly some new rubber along with whatever else decided to fail while its been sitting in the driveway over the winter.Also the majority of my driving will be highway for about 1-2 hour trips at a time (work,tournaments etc) So im thinking of a midsize sedan with o/d for better gas mileage. Thanks habs.

**Edit:I may have the plus of having most of my gas paid for on the count of pooling the people i give long rides to money :D

djayz
03-05-2005, 12:58 AM
buy a van...