PDA

View Full Version : proper setting for an amp

liztic
03-05-2005, 10:09 PM
k, let's start by getting 1 thing straight, i only listen to music and have ZERO knowledge about amps. on that note, when i had mine installed i played with the adjustments on the amp, then blew fuse after fuse, so turned them down......happy with the sound, but what is the ideal tuning of an amp?
it's only 300 watts pushing two 10's, but good enough for me...just wondering about the settings though

fresh
03-05-2005, 10:38 PM
first you may be running an unsafe load to the amp. Pull the sub out if the box and look at the magnet and see if it is a SVC (single voise coil) or DVC (Dual voice coil)

Now check to see what kind of amp it is 2CH 4CH or D-MONO if they are SVC then all the amps will work

If DVC then you might have little complications. just post what amp you have and what subs you have and someone will figure it out.

if all this stuff it good then try this

there should be a 3 main settings

-LP / HP filter
-GAIN or SENSITIVITY
-Frequency

1 set amp to LP
and your frequency should range from about 30Hz - 300Hz or somthing like that.

2 so set it between 80Hz - 100Hz

3 then turn your cdplayer up to about %80 from max

4 turn your gain up on the amp untill you hear a distinct flapping noise(distortion) then give it about a half quarter turn back.

it should be good:thumbsup:

liztic
03-05-2005, 10:42 PM
thanks!

i really should have asked after it was installed......i'll try that out tomorrow